Silencerco Harvester first test

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Landry308
Elite Industry Professional

Silencerco Harvester first test

Post by Landry308 »

Initial testing of Silencerco Harvester, compared to TBAC 30-P1

Gun 1, Underground Skunkworks heavy precision rifle, 700 style action, 6.5 Creedmoor. 22” bull bbl. Hornady factory 120gr Amax, chrono’d at 2760 fps.
POI shift: both cans shifted POI 1 moa straight down
Group size: Shot all 3 groups .400” or so, with and without cans
Sound: both cans sounded about the same to my ear, on this gun. Really good sounding. Comfortable to shoot as much as you want without ear protection.

Gun 2: McWhorter custom 6.5 WBY (6.5/257 WBY), 24” bbl, Kreiger 5 ½ contour, Rem 700 action, fired for sound only. Load 130gr Norma target VLD, 70gr H1000, chrono’d 3085 fps IIRC.
TBAC-deeper tone, definitely hearing safe, would be comfortable to shoot many rounds without hearing protection
Harvester: Sharper tone and louder. Sounded about like suppressed AR15. Probably just barely hearing safe. If shooting many rounds, would probably want ear protection. Fine for only firing a few rounds.

Impressions: The TBAC weighs 17.1oz, the Harvester weighs 11.25oz. The 6.5 Creed is a heavy gun, and weight didn’t matter. On the McWhorter (medium weight) the difference was huge. The Harvester balanced much much better. The 6oz weight savings made a huge difference. I will use the Harvester on hunting guns because of the improved balance, the TBAC on target or heavy guns, with larger volume of fire. The only problem I had with the Harvester is that it tends to leave the rear cap (threaded part) on the gun when you take the can off. It screws into the back of the can (kind of like a giant Spectre 22 can). The cap does have wrench flats for removal when this happens. I think Silencerco should put a set screw to hold the rear cap in place. Mine will get some blue Loctite I think.
Shooting Supplies
Class 3/SOT
Sales, Transfers, Special orders
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencerco Harvester first test

Post by 66427vette »

Does your insert keep backing out of silencer while shooting ? I had to retighten every three shots a 1/2 turn. Ended up having to put thread locker on it. Insert tolerances seem to be on loose side on mine. Other than that I love it!
Landry308
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Landry308 »

Was OK during shooting. Shot about 30 shots total.
Shooting Supplies
Class 3/SOT
Sales, Transfers, Special orders
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

Can you post some videos?
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams