Osprey45 on glock 19 with TLR1 light?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

yamaha17

Osprey45 on glock 19 with TLR1 light?

Post by yamaha17 »

Hi all,
So Im thinking about pulling the trigger and purchasing an Osprey 45. I would be hosting it on my Glock 19 until I purchase a .45. My Glock 19 is equipped with the TLR-1 light. Will the osprey45 fit with my current setup? I have tried to look online and haven't found solid information. Some say it fits but the clearance it little to none, others say it will not fit. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Is it possible? If not, are there any barrels, or pistons that will let me fit the osprey45 on the Glock19 with the TLR-1? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Re: Osprey45 on glock 19 with TLR1 light?

Post by Tango2249 »

Try googling the subject of this thread. This is the first result:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html? ... 0&t=371580
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I would get a modern can you can clean and is round to use with lights. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Tom in Arizona

Post by Tom in Arizona »

yamaha17 wrote:Hi all,
So Im thinking about pulling the trigger and purchasing an Osprey 45. I would be hosting it on my Glock 19 until I purchase a .45. My Glock 19 is equipped with the TLR-1 light. Will the osprey45 fit with my current setup? I have tried to look online and haven't found solid information. Some say it fits but the clearance it little to none, others say it will not fit. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Is it possible? If not, are there any barrels, or pistons that will let me fit the osprey45 on the Glock19 with the TLR-1? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I am using an Octane 45 on both G21sf and G22 with TLR-2. Have inexpensive padded nylon Cardura holster for each that fits with the light/laser and suppressor installed. Octane is easier to clean.
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

It will not fit. I posted some pictures of my glock 19 with a tlr and an osprey somewhere on this site.
Santander

Post by Santander »

I was looking at the Osprey in 9mm awhile back.
With it's offset design it looks like the only obstruction would be the "bottom" portion.
I was wondering if there is any reason why the Osprey could not be indexed such that the "low" or "bottom" part is pointing out to the side.
Or is there simply still not enough clearance that way?
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Santander wrote:I was looking at the Osprey in 9mm awhile back.
With it's offset design it looks like the only obstruction would be the "bottom" portion.
I was wondering if there is any reason why the Osprey could not be indexed such that the "low" or "bottom" part is pointing out to the side.
That's really wanting an Osprey bad....there are other, better choices for your setup.
Ash

Post by Ash »

dtom29 wrote:
Santander wrote:I was looking at the Osprey in 9mm awhile back.
That's really wanting an Osprey bad....there are other, better choices for your setup.

^^ Agree

Yes you could index the Osprey to the side to give extra room on bottom, but it would look pretty silly...
romad7

Post by romad7 »

I have no intention of going with other than 9mm for my HD plan so I went with the Osprey 9 for the 2 house guns since it's shorter and lighter. Have a G17 and G19 each with a TLR-3 and Crye Precision Gun Clip. This setup work great and the Gun Clip is very secure. This is the only light that I could find that allows my to remove the Osprey with the light on.