surefire ryder

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

surefire ryder

Post by ericdraven »

thinking bout picking one up , i got a Spectre 2 ,tirant , few others , suppressors are addicting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

was wanting to hear from some who have a ryder , i know its 22 only .how does sound compare to the sparrow , Spectre models ? i cant find hardly any youtube on em .
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: surefire ryder

Post by rimshaker »

Stay away from rimfire cans that have aluminum baffles/core. Go with stainless steel only.

Sparrow and Spectre are top notch SS cans. They go a step further and also protect the inner tube. Makes disassembly so much easier.
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

rimshaker wrote:Stay away from rimfire cans that have aluminum baffles/core. Go with stainless steel only.
Why?
Proper grammar is awesome.
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

ThaDoubleJ wrote:
rimshaker wrote:Stay away from rimfire cans that have aluminum baffles/core. Go with stainless steel only.
Why?
Cleaning, unless weight is of utmost importance...
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Sparrow and Spectre are top notch SS cans. They go a step further and also protect the inner tube. Makes disassembly so much easier.
That's a bold statement when he said he already has a SS multi cal can.

If you know the limitations and if you're not shooting 2,000 rnds a month through it then it could be a good tool in the kitbag
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

I was not overly impressed with the Ryder. It sounded better than I expected, but not as good as the Element, Spectre 2, or Sparrow. That being said, a lot has to do with the shooters personal preferences on what sounds good to them.

The first round pop on a Sig Mosquito was 127.7db, and it only really went down to ~120.
On a rifle (bolt CZ 455), it sat around 115 dB. With the pistol as a host it was less than impressive, but the Ryder was pretty decent on a rifle.

First round pop with the pistol was rough, but other than that it sounded ok. The Sparrow blew the Ryder out of the water on a rifle, and on pistols the Sprectre II was better to my ears.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I've had my Surefire Ryder a couple of months now and I like it. Seems light as a feather on the three .22's I mate it to. It's simple enough to disassemble and cleaning wasn't all that tough. I've fired it side by side with several other .22 suppressors at the range and I think it pretty much holds it's own.

- change it back -
Aaron
Silent Operator

Post by Aaron »

I'm waiting for the Ryder 22-s