Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Post Reply
dixieandbacon
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 am
Location: Georgia

Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by dixieandbacon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 am

I'm looking for a silencer just mainly for 22lr and 22 magnum . I want the one with the quietest first round pop and also over all quiet and no impact shift. All important factors especially the first round pop. If there is another silencer that is a better option then these two I'm open for suggestions. I would like to use it on a 10/22 a 22 pistol and also a m&p 22

User avatar
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad
Posts: 4226
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Tidewater, VA

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by chrismartin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:59 am

Either are excellent choices.
My friend just went through this.
Both use steel baffles so they are easier to clean.
Both are super quiet.
The Spectre II uses CTA baffles that are really easy to remove from the tube for cleaning.
The Element uses K baffles that can get hard to remove after longer periods between cleaning.
The Element is half the weight of the Spectre, but IIRC the Spectre is rated fro a few extra calibers.

So, if you want the ligher silencer, go with the Element.
If you want potentially easier to take apart, to Spectre.

I'd personally go Spectre.

rimshaker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am
Location: FL

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by rimshaker » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:11 am

Spectre. Easier to disassemble. Tube is protected from fouling.

User avatar
doubloon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 11901
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:02 am
Location: Houston-ish

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by doubloon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 am

rimshaker wrote:Spectre. Easier to disassemble. Tube is protected from fouling.
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895

User avatar
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:54 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by D9M9TR9S » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:24 am

Spectre II, its also a bit cheaper and built like a tank.

dixieandbacon
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by dixieandbacon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:35 pm

How about the first round pop on the Spectre? Also heard the element was quieter on pistols then the Spectre ? I will being using it to hunt so the first round pop is very important to me.

RJT
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 pm
Location: SoTx

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by RJT » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm

I have both.

I don't notice any FRP on my Spectre II, and honestly can't tell the difference(sound) between the 2 on a pistol. I keep my Element 2 on a pistol because of the weight difference.

It's a tough decision to make, so I'd just get both. :D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

rimshaker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am
Location: FL

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by rimshaker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

dixieandbacon wrote:How about the first round pop on the Spectre? Also heard the element was quieter on pistols then the Spectre ? I will being using it to hunt so the first round pop is very important to me.
No FRP on the Spectre (or Element) since it isn't a monocore design.

dixieandbacon
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by dixieandbacon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:56 pm

I went with the element 2 because of the weight. All my other silencers are aac and I have been happy with them so far.

User avatar
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by Killerapplesauce » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 am

I have the Element 2 and really like it low frp, really isn't that hard to disassemble comes with the take down tool (baffle pusher) and you can clean baffles in a ultra sonic cleaner but not the tube. The baffles can be a pain to stack but no that hard and you can make or buy a tool to help with that. Don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices Silencerco has some good stuff I'm saving up for a white sparrow.

User avatar
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 am
Location: AL

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by AlabamaPaul » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:15 am

Killerapplesauce wrote:I have the Element 2 and really like it low frp, really isn't that hard to disassemble comes with the take down tool (baffle pusher) and you can clean baffles in a ultra sonic cleaner but not the tube. The baffles can be a pain to stack but no that hard and you can make or buy a tool to help with that. Don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices Silencerco has some good stuff I'm saving up for a white sparrow.
A couple of weeks ago Cherokee Guns and Pawn had a couple of white sparrows in stock for $299...

User avatar
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by Killerapplesauce » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:04 am

AlabamaPaul wrote:
Killerapplesauce wrote:I have the Element 2 and really like it low frp, really isn't that hard to disassemble comes with the take down tool (baffle pusher) and you can clean baffles in a ultra sonic cleaner but not the tube. The baffles can be a pain to stack but no that hard and you can make or buy a tool to help with that. Don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices Silencerco has some good stuff I'm saving up for a white sparrow.
A couple of weeks ago Cherokee Guns and Pawn had a couple of white sparrows in stock for $299...
Interesting I'll have to check them out thanks for the heads up.

LawBob
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Help me decide Spectre II or element 2

Post by LawBob » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:23 pm

Spectre ii

The yhm mite recore/new yhm 22 has similar baffles in ss (the tube is protected from fouling)

Post Reply