Looking for opinions on first supressors.

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

JetNoise

Looking for opinions on first supressors.

Post by JetNoise »

This is my first post and am having a difficult time deciding on my first suppressors.
I have been lurking on multiple forums hoping to find my answer but to no avail.
I want t purchase a .22 and 5.56. for my 16" AR15 .22 and 5.56 Cal First for the .22
Features I think are important in order
Customer service.
Ease of taking apart for cleaning
Ease of cleaning(Dipping)
Length, Weight(My AR's are light enough to easily hand hold and would like to keep the weight down especially on the barrel end for balance.
ability to have the non NFA portion rebuild or replaced so I don't have to re apply for stamp in future if replacement needed incase CLEO rule goes into effect.
Price.
I Have spoken to the Silencer Shop and would like to purchase from them.
I am leaning toward SilencerCo (Spectre II and Omega)cans but also am open to other manufactures.
I notice the new SIg. suppressors are on the market. Any feedback on SIG, YHM others I might be overlooking.
Concerning the 5.56, I know people recommend getting 7.62 for backwards compatibility even if you don't own one but it seems like I am adding a lot of weight and length with a 7.62 vs.. 5.56
I will open up the floor.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for opinions on first supressors.

Post by rimshaker »

Everyone needs a dedicated 22 rimfire can. Can't go wrong with either the Sparrow or Spectre. But the sparrow is still the king of easy disassembly and cleaning.
I can easily do a 2000+ round cleaning interval with my Sparrow (with dip cleanings).

The actual size/weight differences between 556 and 762 cans have been narrowing the past few years.
It makes more sense to get a 762 to have a wide range of caliber support. Dedicated 556 cans are pretty much stuck caliber-wise.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

Spectre 2 , love mine , the sparrow has a first round pop . both are easy to clean
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

ericdraven wrote:Spectre 2 , love mine , the sparrow has a first round pop . both are easy to clean
Sparrow has FRP on pistol, OP asked about rifle. Regardless, Sparrow FRP on a pistol is easily mitigated.
Last edited by Abiqua on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

I don't notice any FRP from my Sparrow on my Ruger American Rimfire; it's VERY notable on my 22/45 however.
Liberty Suppress

Post by Liberty Suppress »

I would suggest you take a look at the Mystoc from Liberty Suppressors for your first can. It covers the range from 22lr up to and including subsonic 308.

http://libertycans.net/mystic-x/

Tim@Liberty
Last edited by Liberty Suppress on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty Suppressors
"Maker of the world's greatest firearm suppressors."
www.libertycans.net
706-661-6911
JetNoise

Post by JetNoise »

Thanks for the feedback, I pulled the trigger on a Spectre II from Silencer Shop.
Tough choice but I am sure I wont be disapointed.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

JetNoise wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I pulled the trigger on a Spectre II from Silencer Shop.
Tough choice but I am sure I wont be disapointed.

it was first can i bought , it has never dissapointed . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but welcome to your addiction , i thought id own one and now own 5 !!! :shock: