AAC Pilot 2 or Silencerco Sparrow

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

paper9
Silent But Deadly

AAC Pilot 2 or Silencerco Sparrow

Post by paper9 »

Which is the one to get? I have read some about each, thanks.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Pilot 2 or Silencerco Sparrow

Post by ericdraven »

Spectre 2 lol .

sparrow is nice but got FRP , dont know about pilot . i know my Spectre 2 is quieter then my friends sparrow
ugareloader

Post by ugareloader »

Sparrow all day everyday. Stainless steel and very easy to clean. Pilot 2 is not
moreguns

Post by moreguns »

I have a white sparrow. I love the fact that I can take it apart and put all the parts except the 3 o-ring , into the "DIP" ( 50% hydrogen peroxide 50% white vinegar ) for a day or 2 then rinse before putting those parts into the ultrasonic cleaner for about 1 or 2 hours. Then I rinse them off and let them air dry. The end result is that there was no scrubbing and the parts are clean as new. Sometimes the first round is louder , but that 1st pop seems to be hearing safe. I love my sparrow. I don't have a AAC Pilot 2 for comparison sorry.
savagetactical
Silent Operator

Post by savagetactical »

What is your intended gun? How many rounds do you think you would put through the can in a month and or year? I had a similar question recently when trying to decide wheter to get my parents a Warlock II or Spectre II. They have a Ruger American Ranch 22lr bolt action with a threaded barrel that they probably won't put more than 250-300 rounds through in a year. Because of the low round count I recommended they get the Warlock since I though the lighter weight of the Warlock gave more benefits than the easiness of cleaning in the Spectre. However, if they were shooting a semi auto rifle or pistol I'd got with the Spectre for them.

So, if you are shooting a bolt action 22 and don't plan to shoot much I recommend you pick the Pilot 2. However, if you are going to use a pistol or semi-auto rifle with a higher round count I recommend the Sparrow.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I wouldn't even look at the pilot.

The Sparrow has a first round pop on pistols ( a huge tun off for me) but on rifles very quiet. The Element still owns pistols for size and weight with SS guts. Don't even look at aluminum cores. The new Liberty regulator is supposed to be as quiet as the action which is a first.

Lots of new cans out so do you homework .
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!