Silent But Deadly

Gemtech G5-22

Post by paper9 »

Any reviews out there, it is 22lr.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gemtech G5-22

Post by ericdraven »

i dunno , if i find any i will post link here for ya, i know how frustrating it is to find reviews.

i have heard gemtech customer service is not very good , but i cant prove that

i have 3 22 suppressors

spectre2 - love it
mack brothers echo= small can , not mainstream but i love it .
aac element - love it

and i got tired of waiting for more info so i bought it anyway 2 days ago the liberty regulator . which i cant wait to get .
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I've dealt with Gemtech customer service on several occasions and have had nothing but great service every time. I wonder why people add some comment about customer service when they have never had any FIRST HAND experience? You will hear the same crap about AAC which has gone out of there way to correct a problem for me that was in no way their fault. There are an awful lot of guys that think all these companies are huge multinationals and should have a person standing by for each customer. Not the case...some are small two or three person shops and they all, big or small, do there best to help you out. You might not find instant gratification, I know, you younger guys can't stand to wait, but they will all help you out. At least that has been my experience.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

dtom29 wrote:I've dealt with Gemtech customer service on several occasions and have had nothing but great service every time. I wonder why people add some comment about customer service when they have never had any FIRST HAND experience? You will hear the same crap about AAC which has gone out of there way to correct a problem for me that was in no way their fault. There are an awful lot of guys that think all these companies are huge multinationals and should have a person standing by for each customer. Not the case...some are small two or three person shops and they all, big or small, do there best to help you out. You might not find instant gratification, I know, you younger guys can't stand to wait, but they will all help you out. At least that has been my experience.
LOL, you expect answers with FIRST HAND experience? ... In the silencer world? ...

;)
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

dtom29 wrote:I've dealt with Gemtech customer service on several occasions and have had nothing but great service every time. I wonder why people add some comment about customer service when they have never had any FIRST HAND experience? You will hear the same crap about AAC which has gone out of there way to correct a problem for me that was in no way their fault. There are an awful lot of guys that think all these companies are huge multinationals and should have a person standing by for each customer. Not the case...some are small two or three person shops and they all, big or small, do there best to help you out. You might not find instant gratification, I know, you younger guys can't stand to wait, but they will all help you out. At least that has been my experience.

LOL, I dont have first hand but alot of my friends are suppressor nuts and have multiple suppressors /and i can have them post their experiences with customer service if need be . but in my post i was speaking what i heard from friends .not online or google searches . didnt mean for anyone to get butthurt .
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

JasonM wrote:
LOL, you expect answers with FIRST HAND experience? ... In the silencer world? ...

;)
Yeah, sometimes I have high expectations.... :roll:
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

ericdraven wrote:

LOL, I dont have first hand but alot of my friends are suppressor nuts and have multiple suppressors /and i can have them post their experiences with customer service if need be . but in my post i was speaking what i heard from friends .not online or google searches . didnt mean for anyone to get butthurt .
Not butthurt, just disappointed. Really not as disappointed in those who feel its their duty to post these "public service" notices as in those who will read them and then pass up the opportunity to have a really great Silencer because of "my Mom's, Brothers, uncle said he read on the Internets about them Gemtech guys" . EVERY suppressor company out there has someone that didn't like the customer service they received. Most are people who made unreasonable demands or made reasonable demands in an unreasonable manner. I've interacted ( in a social setting)with owner/representatives of Thompson Machine, Gemtech, Liberty, and Suppressed Armament Systems. I've also had first hand experience with AAC. Every one of these want happy, repeat customers.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

dtom29 wrote:
ericdraven wrote:

Not butthurt, just disappointed. Really not as disappointed in those who feel its their duty to post these "public service" notices as in those who will read them and then pass up the opportunity to have a really great Silencer because of "my Mom's, Brothers, uncle said he read on the Internets about them Gemtech guys" . EVERY suppressor company out there has someone that didn't like the customer service they received. Most are people who made unreasonable demands or made reasonable demands in an unreasonable manner. I've interacted ( in a social setting)with owner/representatives of Thompson Machine, Gemtech, Liberty, and Suppressed Armament Systems. I've also had first hand experience with AAC. Every one of these want happy, repeat customers.

well i think most people into suppressors study and talk to others and research for themselves . i think the average person is able to come to their on conclusions on an item and not just based on a net board. as far as public service announcements , dude every board on the world wide web has em lol . and any business wants repeat customers , just sometimes people get burned . i will take my friends word over a stranger on a net board any day :D :D
40G27
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 40G27 »

ericdraven wrote:i have heard gemtech customer service is not very good...
Well, given AAC's piss-poor customer service as of lately, I would probably lean towards the Gemtech.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

40G27 wrote:
ericdraven wrote:i have heard gemtech customer service is not very good...
Well, given AAC's piss-poor customer service as of lately, I would probably lean towards the Gemtech.

yeah ive heard their customer service has lapsed . wait i read it on the interweb. but seriously i got in when they had
that big sale last december . picked up tirant 9 for 399- tirant 45 for 500 . for those prices its a no brainer.

im still waiting on 1 package from damn the man promo , them moving to to different location , regrouping with remington group
i will cut some slack.

im not saying Gemtech is horrible but their cans do not come close to sound reduction as other brands . which is why suppressors
are even bought .
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I picked up one of the tirant 45's for $500 too but when Ai contacted them about selling me a fixed piston to use for 300 BLK they told me they wouldn't sell me one. Of course I went around them but the effort would have been nice.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

I've had very limited experience with Gemtech's customer service... but when we had a GM9 that wouldn't open up to accept a fixed barrel mount, I called and had an RMA in no time. Sent it off, went on vacation, and when I came back the can was fixed and back in the shop.

It went smoothly, the guy knew exactly what I was talking about, and they got us taken care of.

Could have been an anomaly, who knows... but when we had an issue it was taken care of extremely quickly.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

ive always wanted to shoot and hear a g5-22. not many people have them. but i was always intrigued by a larger volume 22lr can. i always thought it would be ideal dedicated can for my 4.5" AR i built last year.

I may try and find one again too....
40G27
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 40G27 »

Vagabond wrote:ive always wanted to shoot and hear a g5-22. not many people have them. but i was always intrigued by a larger volume 22lr can. i always thought it would be ideal dedicated can for my 4.5" AR i built last year.

Well given that AAC doesn't seem to want to do business anymore, Gemtech will be getting my business from now on, and this particular can is on my shopping list.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

40G27 wrote:
Vagabond wrote:ive always wanted to shoot and hear a g5-22. not many people have them. but i was always intrigued by a larger volume 22lr can. i always thought it would be ideal dedicated can for my 4.5" AR i built last year.

Well given that AAC doesn't seem to want to do business anymore, Gemtech will be getting my business from now on, and this particular can is on my shopping list.

seriously ?? you would pass on dead air or liberty for a gemtech ? wow