thanks atf

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Re: thanks atf

Post by Michael Black 47 »

tf2addict wrote:Careful, you're mixing up the terms trustee and beneficiary. Trustees will always need pics/fingerprints/background check.
I see where you coming from. The way I would do it to minimize my paperwork low on my own side of things is to just have me as the only individual that needs to have fingerprints and photos. So in this way makes it easier on my end of the bargain.

Beneficiaries are there, if the individual was to pass away or some unforeseen event to where they cannot manage the trusts. As the ATF has stated in their letter and law. Beneficiaries do not have to undergo fingerprints and photos. They are also not able to use the suppressor unless a trustee is there with them and cannot borrow a suppressor or item without the trustee present.

Lastly when it comes to when you're finished collecting all the items you want for a trust. You can add trustees to the trust if you have no plans on buying anymore items. The ATF stated that you did not have to notify them if you add new trustees ie any changes. The only time you have to give fingerprints and photos is when you're adding a new "items" to the trusts. There are a lot of people doing amendments to the trust removing a lot of co-trustees to save the workload of collecting fingerprints and photo ID. After they are done collecting they add him right back in. :wink:

Is not a big change for me because I have just my family. I don't mind the new standards come in but I believe it could have been employed more efficiently. Instead of depending on photos and ID from every person that a trustee and them submitting every time. I would've been fine with Social Security numbers. Is given to you the day you are born and it follows you for the rest the life. The same numbers you have to put on a 4473 when buying a firearm.