thanks atf

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

thanks atf

Post by ericdraven »

well with new pending rules i ordered 3 new suppressors , wife is mad now :evil: :evil: :lol:

but it kinda forced my hand , i had planned to get few more in future just no so soon , grrrrrr.as money is tight in some ways
hell just got my regulator few weeks ago . love it but still not shot alot .

anyone else using their trusts now to get in before deadline ? our sheriff has always been gun guy and signs off on everyone , but the trust route i liked because of no prints ,photos etc . but oh well

im glad new rule helps those who have jerktards for sheriffs , i will then have 8 , and unless some miracle happens and a can comes out to 100 db's im fine i think lol . dead air mask was on my short list, now its inline and in jail
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: thanks atf

Post by rimshaker »

Yea unfortunately now i'm forced to come up with machine gun funds within the next several months. Thanks so much ATF.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

ericdraven wrote:well with new pending rules i ordered 3 new suppressors , wife is mad now :evil: :evil: :lol:

but it kinda forced my hand , i had planned to get few more in future just no so soon , grrrrrr.as money is tight in some ways
hell just got my regulator few weeks ago . love it but still not shot alot .

anyone else using their trusts now to get in before deadline ? our sheriff has always been gun guy and signs off on everyone , but the trust route i liked because of no prints ,photos etc . but oh well

im glad new rule helps those who have jerktards for sheriffs , i will then have 8 , and unless some miracle happens and a can comes out to 100 db's im fine i think lol . dead air mask was on my short list, now its inline and in jail
I did. I sent 3 form 1's in to sbr a 5.56, 300 and 22 lower. Cross my widdle fingers.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I jumped on another SBR and another suppressor, mostly because I think there is a rush happening and I didn't want to end up at the end of a very long wait or unable to find what I wanted in stock.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
TX Archer

Post by TX Archer »

I definitely did. I planned to set up a new SBR sometime in the not-so-distant future but they forced my hand. Bought a new can, mailed my Form 4, and e-filed my Form 1 on Saturday. I wanted to wait a little while after Christmas spending but oh, well.
Hokie

Post by Hokie »

I put in the paper work for a Sparrow because of this. I do not even have a 22 host. I also just efiled a form 1 to SBR one of my lowers. I was on the fence since I have an AR pistol but with the new rules I went ahead and did it.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I'm about ready, at least within the next 10 days, to pull the trigger on another can and another SBR build. Something I was going to do this year anyway. I've already received the SN for the can I want.

I really don't think there will be that much of a bump in sales. The market for these is just not that big. There are just not enough buyers to drop multiple thousands of dollars at one time just to use a 'no finger-print' trust. I don't know the percentage nationally but locally when I've been in my local gun shop it was more like 50% trust. The biggest hassle is having to get an appointment with our local sheriff to get finger-printed and waste half a day. Our sheriff's office only has one person that does these and only schedule a given number a month, or at least that is the way it is to get a CCW permit.

I don't see the new requirement (notice I said requirement and not law) doing anything to decrease violent crime. Suicide folks will just pick another way. Years ago, when I was a Paramedic, the vast majority of gun suicides were law enforcement people.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

LOL, Unbeleveable... You spend money you don't have, rush to get something you're not ready to get because of 41p? By this logic you have no plans to ever buy anything again, right? You guys realize how absolutly absurd this sounds? Really guys take a deep breath. There will be no cleo signoff, that means if its too much trouble to get all the Trustees together for prints and pictures then just do an individual transfer. WOW :roll: Just WOW...
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

dtom29 wrote:LOL, Unbeleveable... You spend money you don't have, rush to get something you're not ready to get because of 41p? By this logic you have no plans to ever buy anything again, right? You guys realize how absolutly absurd this sounds? Really guys take a deep breath. There will be no cleo signoff, that means if its too much trouble to get all the Trustees together for prints and pictures then just do an individual transfer. WOW :roll: Just WOW...
I agree with you, but it is an added hassle that will probably take at least a half day out of your schedule. As I mentioned, our local sheriff requires an appointment on the day HE wants to do the prints and only does a certain number a month on two days a month as I recall getting my CCW permit.

Then you will have to find a place that will do the picture, most likely one that is used on a passport and not one you took in your kitchen. I suspect it will have to be a head shot showing one ear. Our son had his passport turned down because the picture was not just right.

I wouldn't make the buy unless I was going to do so within the next 6-8 months anyway.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

dtom29 wrote:LOL, Unbeleveable... You spend money you don't have, rush to get something you're not ready to get because of 41p? By this logic you have no plans to ever buy anything again, right? You guys realize how absolutly absurd this sounds? Really guys take a deep breath. There will be no cleo signoff, that means if its too much trouble to get all the Trustees together for prints and pictures then just do an individual transfer. WOW :roll: Just WOW...

lighten up francis .

people who want to get ahead and keep the bullshit to a minimum is their business, roll eyes on out of thread.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

doesn't go into affect until July of this year. There maybe a two year exemption for those who do the trust route with FP cards and photographs. Neat I guess. If you submitted before the deadline than it should be grandfathered in but if this two year exemption pans out Ill wait and do it that way.
muellerdeal

Post by muellerdeal »

cyclone72 wrote:doesn't go into affect until July of this year. There maybe a two year exemption for those who do the trust route with FP cards and photographs. Neat I guess. If you submitted before the deadline than it should be grandfathered in but if this two year exemption pans out Ill wait and do it that way.

i havent heard of the 2 year exemption. please share with us.

never mind i mis-read this.....
JoeLiberty

Post by JoeLiberty »

What he said! Don't put in your form 1s or 4s now! You dummies will be cloggin up mah tubes! :lol:
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

41P actually helps because it added extra money to the budget for the ATF to add more examiners and fix the efile. if anything the stupid solution to attacks where people shoot multiple people is to make it easier to transfer a Machine gun!
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Joker31D wrote:41P actually helps because it added extra money to the budget for the ATF to add more examiners and fix the efile. if anything the stupid solution to attacks where people shoot multiple people is to make it easier to transfer a Machine gun!
After more than a year, the ATF scrapped all work done to date. Don't hold your breath for a working system anytime soon...
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

We can hope though, there's always hope.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
silencer_kid
Silent But Deadly

Post by silencer_kid »

AlabamaPaul wrote: After more than a year, the ATF scrapped all work done to date. Don't hold your breath for a working system anytime soon...
they'll piggyback off of healthcare.gov :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

The sad part is such an eFile system really isn't that complicated. What are they doing, having a couple of interns throw something together??
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

its done its just the federal government fucking with us .
glocke12

Post by glocke12 »

Yeah I used 41f/p as a reason to buy three new cans, Octane 9, Osprey 45, and an Omega. In the coming weeks I'll be submitting the forms for two SBR's also. Sig MPX and a Noveske lower I have yet to build up.

Had originally planned on spacing these out over the next year, but oh well...
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I lost my mind beating the deadline. My trust people are spread out over multiple states, so after July it's hurding cats to add more. My original plan last fall was one rifle, one pistol and one rimfire. After that once I got one and shot it for a while I'd decide on the next.

Instead it turned into get it all now. 9 suppressors, 2 SBR and I'll do another SBR reciever before D-day. What a ride!
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:I lost my mind beating the deadline. My trust people are spread out over multiple states, so after July it's hurding cats to add more. My original plan last fall was one rifle, one pistol and one rimfire. After that once I got one and shot it for a while I'd decide on the next.

Instead it turned into get it all now. 9 suppressors, 2 SBR and I'll do another SBR reciever before D-day. What a ride!
My workaround for this is to get a second trust with just myself on it. From there I will get all the items I want and once I feel that I'm finish collecting, then I add my other trustees to it. Since you don't have to notify the ATF that you are adding new members to your trust this makes life a whole lot easier in my opinion. This is just my two cents and I always highly advise consulting a lawyer on this matter.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

If you do a second trust wouldn't the beneficiaries still have to pic and print?

EDIT- OOOPS ignore the words that are leaking from my head.
Last edited by CanOfWhooppass on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:
CanOfWhooppass wrote:I lost my mind beating the deadline. My trust people are spread out over multiple states, so after July it's hurding cats to add more. My original plan last fall was one rifle, one pistol and one rimfire. After that once I got one and shot it for a while I'd decide on the next.

My workaround for this is to get a second trust with just myself on it. From there I will get all the items I want and once I feel that I'm finish collecting, then I add my other trustees to it. Since you don't have to notify the ATF that you are adding new members to your trust this makes life a whole lot easier in my opinion. This is just my two cents and I always highly advise consulting a lawyer on this matter.
If you do a second trust wouldn't the beneficiaries still have to pic and print? Could be easier, but I'm not sure easy. I'll probably just do personal after this, I'm sharing enough toys!

The beneficiaries would not have to have pics and fingerprints. Only the trustees will. so you can have just you as a trustee and buy your toys. onces your done collecting all of the freedom toys, you then add your trustees back to the trust.

http://www.pagunlawyer.com/atf-41f41p.html

read to the middle
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

Careful, you're mixing up the terms trustee and beneficiary. Trustees will always need pics/fingerprints/background check.