Light 9mm can

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Light 9mm can

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Hello. Been away for awhile so way behind on what's out there now. I have a 9mm Shield with a threaded barrel (Tornado Tech). It shoots perfectly when not suppressed, but when a can is on it sometimes fails to feed. The can is an Octane HD 9mm and I think the weight hanging on the end of the barrel might be causing some "drag". Are there any good lighter cans out there that you can recommend? I prefer not to have to shoot it wet. Thoughts? Recommendations?? Thanks.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Light 9mm can

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

There was just a thread on micro 9mm cans

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136830

9mm K cans also.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136058

I assume you are using a booster? Lighter recoil spring (or another stock spring with a couple coils cut off) might fix what you got. Have you tried a variety of ammo?
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Thanks. I'm really not worried about size, just mostly weight.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

i think the isis-2 9mm can is aluminum (9oz). don't know how it sounds though.

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=99
the POWPOW now goes powpow
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Anybody have any experience with the TM Isis2?
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

How about the Gemtec GM9?
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

there's a thread on nfatalk that has the isis2-9 metering about 129 db. that's as good as the octane 9 HD. MSRP is less than $400 if you can find one, you should really check it out. don't know about the gemtech.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

wmdaniel70 wrote:Anybody have any experience with the TM Isis2?
I don't own one, but I've shot one a couple of times as a demo, and it was about as quiet as any other 9mm can I've tried. I didn't have the meter out when we were shooting 9mm through the isis2, but we also tried it on a .22 another day and it was only about 1db on average louder than the tac-sol axiom we were metering, and the axiom is a good can.
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Post by speed6 »

I have a thompson machine ISIS 2. It suppresses well with a bit of FRP but can be very difficult to get apart to clean. I clean mine every 50 rounds...more than that and it gets difficult to take apart. I bought two rubber strap wrenches and that helps a lot. I have found the tube/core clearance on both of my TM products (ISIS 2 and THIRTY) to be needlessly small, making maintenance difficult. I believe the booster they sent me is not straight and/or concentric...non-existent accuracy using the TM booster and even bullet jacket portions blown back into the action on my G19 :shock: . I bought a gemtech booster and have had zero problems with accuracy. Their customer support is great thought, just haven't gotten around to asking for assistance with the booster yet. I would take a look at an advanced armament Ti-Rant 9, it is about the same weight as the ISIS 2 but significantly shorter (an inch or so) with ZERO FRP and quite possibly quieter than the ISIS 2. Also, easier to clean.