Crux Saxon 5.56

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Deserteaglexxx

Crux Saxon 5.56

Post by Deserteaglexxx »

I will do a more in depth review in the next couple days, but with the advertised specs I wanted to shoot this thing even if it was only a few rounds. I took it out back quick shot a couple rounds seemed pretty loud so I ran back in and got the meter, set it up and took 5 more shots before I had to pack up so I will do a better review in a few days on multiple hosts. Today used was a 11.5" bcm upper with Jp silent spring, 5 shots averaged 144.4 db again this was quick but I was disappointed.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Crux Saxon 5.56

Post by mars »

never even heard of these guys, but i will say that their website looks pretty nice. they claim to be the "best in class suppressors". that's pretty bold when your can is only giving you about 20db in reduction, whereas other cans out there are getting 30db reduction. they sure make some weird statements, claiming 40-44db reduction on 300blkout, but the can is not rated for 300 blkout, only 223/556 or smaller. hopefully, you didn't pay $1100 for it.

https://www.templartacticalfirearms.com ... suppressor
the POWPOW now goes powpow
Deserteaglexxx

Post by Deserteaglexxx »

Their claim is that when everyone else's best 300 blk can does 122 db that they get 124 db out of full supersonic 5.56.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

Deserteaglexxx wrote:Their claim is that when everyone else's best 300 blk can does 122 db that they get 124 db out of full supersonic 5.56.
What a joke
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly

Post by iron.maiden »

they have that tornado technology trapping gases as long as possible , looking at a 9mm can video on youtube it seems pretty quiet ,
krowpots

Post by krowpots »

Excited to a longer review Deserteaglexxx, been very interested in these cans.
Parchaser

Post by Parchaser »

Fyi, look@ barrel length per calibers & you might change your thinking. At least until tested I have a Nemesis 30 & Saxon9 on order. Will wait to give feedback until I get them instead of arguing blindly.
Deserteaglexxx

Post by Deserteaglexxx »

Parchaser wrote:Fyi, look@ barrel length per calibers & you might change your thinking. At least until tested I have a Nemesis 30 & Saxon9 on order. Will wait to give feedback until I get them instead of arguing blindly.
I'm not sure what your referring to as far as barrel length? The Saxon 5.56 is rated down to 5" barrel. Are you saying that the 40-44 db reduction will only be at that barrel length? I think they are quieter on longer barrels. I am adding an adjustable carrier to my rifle to see what difference it makes but as of now it is the worst silencer I have tested.
Srussede

Post by Srussede »

Deserteaglexxx wrote:
Parchaser wrote:Fyi, look@ barrel length per calibers & you might change your thinking. At least until tested I have a Nemesis 30 & Saxon9 on order. Will wait to give feedback until I get them instead of arguing blindly.
I'm not sure what your referring to as far as barrel length? The Saxon 5.56 is rated down to 5" barrel. Are you saying that the 40-44 db reduction will only be at that barrel length? I think they are quieter on longer barrels. I am adding an adjustable carrier to my rifle to see what difference it makes but as of now it is the worst silencer I have tested.
Just to chime in, have a Saxon9 and the only thing it sound decent in is 9mm. Of course that's after buying $300 with of additional parts to be able to run it on a 9mm pistol. Its very loud on 16" 556, even on 300blk with subs an octane45 was quieter than my Saxon9. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least and fear I have more disappoint coming as I have an axe556 just a few weeks out. Will review when I get it but as far as the Saxon9 and Archangel338 goes I'm pretty disappointed in performance or lack there of
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Deserteaglexxx wrote:I will do a more in depth review in the next couple days, but with the advertised specs I wanted to shoot this thing even if it was only a few rounds. I took it out back quick shot a couple rounds seemed pretty loud so I ran back in and got the meter, set it up and took 5 more shots before I had to pack up so I will do a better review in a few days on multiple hosts. Today used was a 11.5" bcm upper with Jp silent spring, 5 shots averaged 144.4 db again this was quick but I was disappointed.

What meter were you using?

How loud was the report WITHOUT the can attached?

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
Deserteaglexxx

Post by Deserteaglexxx »

I used the Larson Davis lxt1-qpr I will have to go back in my notes but I believe without it was around 163-165. I have an axe 9 also but have not tested it yet but will soon.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out whether to rent one or not,

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen: