Anyone got there hands on Kevins new stuff?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Anyone got there hands on Kevins new stuff?

Post by john.t.little1 »

seeing if anyone has seen or heard any of Kevins new stuff "Q" looks interesting enough
"A man is known by the silence he keeps. - Oliver Herford"
"Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
themonk
Silent Operator

Re: Anyone got there hands on Kevins new stuff?

Post by themonk »

Was able to feel up the guns at SHOT and I was blown away. Both the 2nd gen homey badger and the Fix are hot as hell.
Joe Blk

Post by Joe Blk »

While out at Industry Day I had a chance to shoot the Honey Badger, The Fix and the El Camino and Erector.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to the Erector dropping. Crazy, crazy light and sounded really good. **** I should note I was at the Q lane as my first stop and I want to say I was one of the first shooting that morning, so it wasn't like a few minutes later when trying to hear what a .22lr can sounds like is virtually impossible.

I got the El Camino in for testing about two weeks ago, I enjoyed having it. I will say I'm not really a fan of the PVD coating on it. My daughters LOVE shooting suppressed and after the video I spent another few days with it and it's easy to mark up. I assumed the initial marks on it were from rough handling before I got it but I put a mark or two on it and I have never put a single mark on any other silencer I've had in for testing. Aside from that, I like it and it sounded good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVf7OTwKWM
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

Want to get an erector and an El Camino as soon as the tax refund comes in... Q is a legend in the industry... it it Kevin?? Can't remember s--t...

George

Too much stuffs to list...
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

I've got an El Camino that I expect to be approved soon. I'll let you know once I've gotten it.

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
porkchopper

Post by porkchopper »

Been really pleased with my Thunder Chicken. Took a solid year and researched and tested Sig SRD Ti, SilencerCo Omega and a couple of Gemtech models and I liked them all. In the end I took the rec of a hog hunter friend in TX and went with Q sight unseen. I don't own a dB meter, but to my ear I like this the best. Got as second opinion on my Q Thursday went to shoot with a friend who has been in silencer wait mode testing everything he could get his hands on and waiting 'for next years improvements'. He ordered a Thunder Chicken yesterday. I guess the only question I've had is with the taper mount if the QD mount ever came loose, but kind of seems like the problem few people have if torqued on properly and mine has worked great. I don't know how techie I can be in my review it's my first silencer, but darn if I'm not feeling like I made a purchase I can live with and enjoy. It's easy to get caught up in waiting for the next best thing my goal was to get into the hearing safe range used in conjunction with good hearing protection and I think I have done that.