Alpha Silencer from Griffin Armament review

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Joe Blk

Alpha Silencer from Griffin Armament review

Post by Joe Blk »

I really like the Alpha, all things considered, size, weight, dB reduction and cost, it's pretty much everything I'm looking for in a dedicated 30 cal can for my .308 rifles. I might still pick up the Recce 7 as I think it's one of the best sounding cans I've heard on .300blk sub sonic but I like the smaller package and the slight loss in dB isn't noticeable until you go ears off on .300blk subs.

Quite honestly I'm tempted to still grab a Recce 7 with the promo on but I've got other needs to address first :lol:

video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNVo-8yYC-Y
George Hayduke

Re: Alpha Silencer from Griffin Armament review

Post by George Hayduke »

What keeps the baffle stack from rotating inside the baffle stack?
Dead Air Mask 22
SiCo Saker 762
SiCo Osprey 45
SiCo Sparrow
ACA 762 SD
AAC M4 2000 08
Johns Guns (circa 2001) 77/22
Theohazard
Silent Operator

Post by Theohazard »

The ability to disassemble a silencer is overrated. Yes, it’s important to be able to disassemble a rimfire can, but it’s less important to be able to disassemble a centerfire pistol can. And for most people a centerfire rifle can that can be disassembled is pointless.

I currently have an SDN-6 on my 8.3” 300 BO SBR, and it’s too long and heavy. I’ve been looking for a shorter, lightweight, quick-attach 30 cal can to replace it. Right now I’ve settled on the Q Trash Panda. It’s all-titanium so it’s around 11 oz. and it’s less than 7” long while all reports I’ve read say it’s still super quiet.

If I were planning to use this on a high-volume .308 I might got with something stronger than titanium. But for 300 BO and any slow-fire .308+ shooting I might do in the future, the Trash Panda seems perfect (I’ve already got a Saker for my fast SBR 5.56 shooting).
0331: "Accuracy by volume."
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

Joe Blk wrote:I really like the Alpha, all things considered, size, weight, dB reduction and cost, it's pretty much everything I'm looking for in a dedicated 30 cal can for my .308 rifles. I might still pick up the Recce 7 as I think it's one of the best sounding cans I've heard on .300blk sub sonic but I like the smaller package and the slight loss in dB isn't noticeable until you go ears off on .300blk subs.

Quite honestly I'm tempted to still grab a Recce 7 with the promo on but I've got other needs to address first :lol:

video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNVo-8yYC-Y
I have the Recce 5 for my registered select fire lower and could not be happier with it shooting 5.56. How they get industry leading sound reduction in such a short can with only a handful of baffles and a huge blast chamber is beyond me. Im sure the Recce 7 performs the same but I'm tempted and will probably go with the Alpha (Paladin?) just for the few extra dB's... I'm not an entry team guy or a reserve medic on Seal Team Six so a little extra weight and length agree with me and the search for quietness...

George

Too much stuff to list...