Comparison between SIG SRD762TI-QD and Silencerco Omega

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

mgobel

Post by mgobel »

In the spirit of “get both”, I did. After shooting these for a few months I can subjectively compare the two.
SIG SRD762TI-QD/ Silencerco Omega
Attach SIG QD/ ASR
Brake SIG Single Chamber/ ASR Brake
Weight 16.7 oz/ 15.8 oz (using office postal scale)
300BLK Test 10.5 inch Noveske/ 8.5 inch Rainer UM
556 Test 11.5 inch Noveske SS/ 10.5 inch Noveske CL

300BLK Ammo
208 AMAX
150 GR Ozark Supersonic

223 Ammo
MSR 62 gr

Sound: The SIG was defiantly the quieter of the two particularly in 300 BLK Subsonic. The term “stupid quiet” applies here. The SIG was also more noticeably more quiet with the 223.
POI Shift: The POI shift appeared to be negligible in the SIG and detectable in the Omega but not bad. However I was only shooting at 50 yards with Aimpoint T1’s so there was plenty of room for error. I have shot the SICO at 100 yards and there is a shift of a over an inch on other rifles

Weight: SICO was lighter by about an ounce

Length: I kept the Compensator on the Omega as I move it between 556, 300 BLK and 308. As such it was less than about .7 inches shorter than the SIG. If you go with a flat endcap, it is much shorter. When I have time, I will switch to the flat 556 endcap to see how things compare.

Muzzle brake: The SIG single chamber MB was very effective but had BIG TIME flash. The Silencerco brake was a little more effective and did not have as much flash. However, as both are SBR’s you would not want to stand next to either. The cool thing about the SIG is that timing the muzzle brake is a breeze as you do not need shims. Much easier than SICO.

Attachment: The SIG uses a morse taper on the brake so it a quick twist to hand tight. There is a “lock” that engages near the end of the twist. Fast and slick. The Suppressor did not back off with extended fire. I prefer the SIG. The Omega uses the ASR attachment. No issues

Other factoids: The SIG is fat and has a lot more volume than the Omega due to girth and construction (there is no outer tube). This probably accounts for the sound difference. The SIG has 13 baffles (!).

Conclusion: My 300 BLK rifles and one 556 SBR will convert to SIG (one of which is my “PDW”). The Omega will remain on the 308 (where it excels) and the rest of my 556 rifles.

Both suppressors will serve you well. If you want quiet and fast attach mount, the SIG is superior. IF you want length flexibility, the SICO might be the better choice. YMMV
Last edited by mgobel on Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Comparison between SIG SRD762TI-QD and Silencerco Omega

Post by johndoe3 »

Thanks for the direct comparison and excellent review. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying the Sig SRD338TI-QD and your experience adds to my buyer comfort.

Silencer Shop video sound tests show the Sig 338 & 762 TI gave outstanding performance with 300 Blk. I will be using the 338TI with my 338 Federal subsonic/supersonic as well as 300 Blk and 308.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
themonk
Silent Operator

Re: Comparison between SIG SRD762TI-QD and Silencerco Omega

Post by themonk »

I own both also and at this point I regret getting the Omega. It just sits on a MPW I rarely use. The modularity is the only plus I see. It nice to be able to go from a QD to a threaded can but the difference between blowback, tone, and db ratings is night and day.

The Sig is a hell of a can. Kevin really kicked it up a notch. It will be interesting what Q is up to. If all their cans are as good as the Sig or better they will clean house.