NTC Trading Solvent Traps

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Shooter6666

NTC Trading Solvent Traps

Post by Shooter6666 »

Dont waste your money, bought a kit , used a Maglite as the can. I had better success with the freeze plugs. Buy a factory suppressor, save your money and time.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: NTC Trading Solvent Traps

Post by poikilotrm »

Thanks for the warning. Can you give us more detail?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

Shooter6666 wrote:Dont waste your money, bought a kit , used a Maglite as the can. I had better success with the freeze plugs. Buy a factory suppressor, save your money and time.

Good advice. As the "solvent trap" businesses are being shut down by ATF and repeat offender owners of such businesses are being arrested - and remember, these are serious Federal Charges whether or not you think the NFA is legal or not - it's just not worth it. When you buy from a known company you get service and repairs are possible and you get better sound suppression, although I've seen some pretty efficient Form 1 cans but done by people with lathes and milling machines... not with Napa filters or Mag-lights...
George from Alaska
Shooter6666

Post by Shooter6666 »

It took me about 9 months to get the Form 1, I understand it much faster now but worth waiting. I bought the NTC solvent kit, I had to put the sleeves in a Lathe to hold them steady to drill. They look good fit well but thin. Cots me 84.00 dollars, should have spent that money on a factory can. Did not notice any suppression at a distance of 50 yrds.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

Why not just make one from scratch if you have a lathe?
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

A couple questions for the OP.

What caliber are you shooting through it?

Do you have another suppressor to compare it to?
I don't care what your chart says
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Sounds like you might be shooting super-sonic rounds through it, and hearing the !CRACK! and as such not noticing the local suppression at the muzzle. Try some subsonics.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

nothing wrong with a NAPA filter. Its just a tube. Its what inside that counts...unless its a fat chick.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter