beaver creek armory, anyone have one?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

knobcreeknut

beaver creek armory, anyone have one?

Post by knobcreeknut »

anyone have or know anything about beaver creek armory suppressors/ I have one on the way and just wonder how good it is. it is in 556 wich they don't even list on there web site. talked to the owner briefly, but really just set up the transfer
Keaner
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Keaner »

I don't have one, but if their manufacturing is anything like their gunsmithing, I would imagine buying it would be a mistake.

The shop that makes those (Beavercreek Armory in Hillsboro OR), has a very bad reputation around here.
knobcreeknut

Post by knobcreeknut »

thanks for the info. I won it in an auction and only paid $205 for it, so if it sucks I can have it redone by my local SOT and still come out pretty cheap
Keaner
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Keaner »

Yep, that actually is quite a good price, if it is a disassemble-able can. Just about the same you can get a Tac-65 for..

Like you said, worst case, you can have it rebuilt, since you already have the tube, you don't have to worry about any more tax stuff.

However, based on the worksmanship I've seen come out of that place (they screwed up a 1911 link/link-pin install!!!), I would have someone who knows what they are doing to look at it, especially for things like baffle strikes and and poor cleanup...
Last edited by Keaner on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

My Buddy won one of the 22 and 17 cans at the Silencer Shoot, Mike from TT brought them. So far no can has shown up at the dealer, pretty much total run around. So far he has sent the FFL SOT info three times, I am hoping that the paperwork is finally underway, hate to see a buddy get jerked around.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

The family running Beaver Creek are a bunch of pig phukers. They put decibel ratings on their pieces of s--t and never even tested them. I've heard stories from several people being screwed by these guys as well as some stories from other people in the business that had been screwed by them.

My advise is to stay away, but it's your money.
knobcreeknut

Post by knobcreeknut »

Doesn't sound too encouraging. Thanks for all the input. Hopefully I will have a better experience than others have. Guess I need to stay on top of the transfer
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

I am curious, because I know my buddy was not the only one to "win" one of their cans at the silencer shoot, have any other winners had any luck receiving their cans?

Here was a reply he was given on December 16th

"I gave Mike the silencer to take to the show,that is all I know. Have the FFL fax or email his FFL & SOT to me / with your info and I'll get it started."

It would seem to me that it would not take 4 months to get the can to the dealer, at least not without a reason for delay.

I wish everyone luck with their xfers.
pdemos
Elite Member

Post by pdemos »

Yipes, I have a couple of deals with them right now, we'll see how they go and I will report back.
NBJamie99 I would contact Mike at TT, he is AAA on this forum, he is a good guy he would tell you the truth about your buddy deals.
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

I haven't wanted to step that far into it yet, my buddy is a very easy going guy, and has let things slide a lot further than I would choose too. If he asks me I will start contacting people on his behalf.

I know Mike, I met him at the shoot, and sent/received 4 thread jobs that were amazing. Which I have planned for months to take pics of and post. I know he is a good guy, and will start getting in contact if things don't start progressing soon.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

Tornado can tell you all about Beaver Creek, they used to work together. Get in touch with Mike, I guarantee you he wouldn't be just holding onto someone else's can for 4 months. I call bullshit.
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

hemi wrote:Tornado can tell you all about Beaver Creek, they used to work together. Get in touch with Mike, I guarantee you he wouldn't be just holding onto someone else's can for 4 months. I call bullshit.
FYI, Mike was sent the FFL SOT info Sept 24th, I have a copy of that email. Sometime after that mike emailed my buddy stating that the cans would come directly from the manufacturer. At which point my buddy emailed Beaver creak, letting them know who he was and giving the FFL SOT info. Sometime after that an email was sent to check progress, which was responded to with the request for the FFL SOT.

So you can call BS all you want, the facts are he won the suppressor in Sept, and has yet to have it arrive at the dealer. I would not have a second thought if there hadn't been a suppressor "in hand" at the shoot, signaling that it was already to be transferred.

You can chalk it up to a series of unfortunate events if you like. The fact that the manufacturer thought he gave the cans to be raffled to mike, and mike says they are coming from the manufacturer, and the long waits in between thinking something is being transferred or at least done. I can say that I did wait over a year for a suppressor from another manufacturer, but I had a lot better communications while I waited.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

All I'm saying is I trust TT 1000% more than those asshats at beaver creek. Doesn't add up. I do hope it all works out for your friend though.
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

hemi wrote:All I'm saying is I trust TT 1000% more than those asshats at beaver creek. Doesn't add up. I do hope it all works out for your friend though.
Agreed
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

asdf

Post by prdubi »

I trust Tornado, AAA and the whole enchilada of the thing 100 percent.

Tornado tech and Mike will not screw over anyone.

Beavercreek...is a bunch of fracking liars.. They brag about their decibel numbers yet it was never tested.

They also cried like little girls when the company I work with LIBERTY TRAINING GROUP is the exclusive Concealed carry license teachers for the Rose City Gun shows.

they cried a hissy fit and whined and whined to the show promoters how unfair that was.

Wanted to share with us the teaching of it and all kinds of other bullshit.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

My personal opinion and that's all it is, I have nothing to back it up other than gut feeling and visual hints, there may be drugs involved. Again, that's just personal opinion I may be totally off base on this one, but I think not. Either way, I trust them just about as much as the current administration.
DeltaPDesign
Silent Operator

Run, don't walk, away

Post by DeltaPDesign »

Junk cans with a very good possibility of bait and switch.

I have been hearing firsthand how people will go to them and order a brand name suppressor, paying up front, only to be told that:

-the suppressor they ordered is not available
-they have a "No refund policy"
-they will sell one of their homemade cans

Also, pay with a C.C. if you do deal with them, and don't give money unless the product is already in your hand.

Now you know.
Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Racer »

Be careful. If you do a deal make sure you see the product and above all CHECK the serial number against the F4!! I am sure that more information will follow, but ATF called me last week re: a transfer I have with them. Evidently problems with some serial numbers.
Dave
Keaner
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Keaner »

Racer wrote:Be careful. If you do a deal make sure you see the product and above all CHECK the serial number against the F4!! I am sure that more information will follow, but ATF called me last week re: a transfer I have with them. Evidently problems with some serial numbers.
Wow, its even worse than I thought! I was told by someone local(I'm hearing it 2nd hand, so take it as that, though the person who told ME, is about as trustworthy of a person as exists on this board) that they apparently took the money for a suppressor and the tax, and then didn't even order the suppressor for like 3 months! Then, even after they got it in, they wouldnt submit the paperwork for a while after that (they were doing the Form 4 for some reason), and then told the buyer that they have a policy against telling him the serial number!

He couldn't even check on the status. it took him nearly a year to get his suppressor, which he finally got the other day.
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

I would say your buddy got in with the wrong guys, normally you never give the dealer the 200 dollars, most people send in there own paperwork; which is usually prepared by the dealer. The fact that they did not want to release the serial is a bit fishy, but does bring up another question I had about how much power the can being in the dealers possession (form 3) give the dealer. For example I know a dealer who has had a pair of HK 45 tacs and Gemtec Blacksides for almost 2 years now, for a guy who is virtually a ghost, and does not show any interested in filling out the paperwork. Everything is fully paid for, so other than moral character, what would legally keep the dealer from testing or selling something like that?

As for my buddy and beaver creek and Mike from TT, Mike is on the case, and is making things right. I give mike a lot of respect, and know it would not have been this long if things were not so busy, and I will continue to send as much work his way as possible for just that reason.

As for Beaver Creek, good luck to all how dare enter.
Last edited by NBJamie99 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

NBJamie99 wrote:The fact that they did not want to release the serial is a bit fishy, but does bring up another question I had about how much power the can being in the dealers possession (form 3) give the dealer. For example I know a dealer who has had a pair of HK 45 tacs and Gemtec Blacksides for almost 2 years now, for a guy how is virtually a ghost, and does not show any interested in filling out the paperwork. Everything is fully paid for, so other than moral character, what would legally keep the dealer from testing or selling something like that?
The dealer is the one in lawful possession, and is not obligated under the NFA to transfer them even if there is an approved form authorizing it. However, as a civil matter, if the items have been paid for, then they are the property of the person who bought them. The dealer has to either return the money paid for them, effect the transfer, or face a lawsuit where he would, assuming the complainant had a lawyer who wasn't brain damaged, lose pretty badly. (Note: ATF doesn't really care about this stuff. You can maybe get the examiner to give them a prod if you're lucky, but there isn't much they'll do to help you. You are on your own.)
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

adf

Post by prdubi »

ATF trully doesn't care about this stuff. BTDT on transactions gone wrong
thunderh
Silent Operator

Post by thunderh »

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I bought these things on a whim after wandering into the shop. I didn't know much about suppressors at all and after I threw some money down I realized that it was probably a huge mistake. I'm in for a 22 can and a 556 one. I was told the 556 can was in stock and after three months of bugging them, I finally sent an email stating my feelings on the matter. After that he sent the check right away however I have not seen this thing first hand. It was always an excuse why the cans weren't there, machinest problems was a popular one for a while. Everytime I went in to ask him about it I got the run around and was told it would be there in days (This went on for months). I think he's actually selling suppressors and sending form 4s without actually having the suppressors. It's very cloak and dagger and after you give him money he will not give you information. In fact, he's checking the box on the form telling ATF not to give any information to the transferee. Never heard of that before.

The 22 can was sent to ATF and the check was cashed on 12-31-08. We'll see how that one goes. They've done two firearm transfers for me at two different times and my stuff has sat there for weeks. Finally I had to have UPS track them down and was told when they arrived. I walked in and told them what UPS said and finally they realized they were behind the counter.

I must say I've lost a little sleep over this and as soon as I get my stuff, I don't think I'll be dealing with them again. In fact, if these things are crap, who do you guys recommend do a rebuild on the baffels? Mike at TT's shop is right behind BeaverCreek and I think he's a stand up guy.

Honestly, let me know if any of you guys caught in this trap want to discuss what's happened. You can call me at work 503-526-2267. If this turns out to be a scam maybe we can put something together on the lawsuit side.

Bottom line, I'm very wary right now and don't believe I'll get this stuff. If I do actually get it, I'm afraid it will be crap. Sort of my own fault for not researching ahead of time. Stupid impulse buying.

On another note, I love this site and the reviews are great.
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

xvb

Post by prdubi »

We all make mistakes dude....move on but do bug them.

I'm in another matter with BeaverCreek regarding OTHER stuff but otherwise....

Maybe Mike can put better baffles in it or something who knows.
knobcreeknut

Post by knobcreeknut »

wow, I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading. Luckily, my money was sent to someone other than beaver creek. if problems arise, I can get it back. still hope it runs smooth though