Any reviews/video of a Thompson Machine Operative Integral?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

tigerdog
Senior Silent Operator

Any reviews/video of a Thompson Machine Operative Integral?

Post by tigerdog »

Anyone have any experience with one of Thompson's Operative 10/22 barrel?

THanks

-Tdog
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

I heard and saw it in person, very, very nice and quiet, and looks good.

viewtopic.php?t=48648&highlight=
tigerdog
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tigerdog »

Thanks Jake.....

What is the finish on the barrel if you can remember ? Matte black , parkerized...... etc. ????
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

Post by Brooks@Thompson Machine »

The Operative suppressor tubes are Parkerized. If you have any more questions, ask away! :D
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
tigerdog
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tigerdog »

If you would post a video up of the Operative I wouldn't have to ask ya Brooks .... ;-)

Just giving you a hard time.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
TPayne
Silent But Deadly

Post by TPayne »

Ha!!! That video is the one I made. I'm glad to see they are of use to you guys. :D

The Thompson Machine Operative is rediculously quiet in person. I have an old el-cheapo Daisy brand pump up BB gun and it is easily as quiet as that. You could literally shoot it in your back yard and the neighbors would think it was a BB gun. It is MUCH quieter than my P22 with an SWR Spectre on it. I rescently purchased Thompson Machine's Operative for my suppressed 10/22 build, and one of their Zephyrs to go on my P22. The operative, like the Zephyr, features a very nicely designed and extremely efficient monocore baffle system that can be easily removed from the tube with the included disassembly tool. The tube is also integrated onto the barrel, so no need to register it as an SBR. I can't wait for both of mine to transfer to my dealer, here in GA, so I can start my Form 4s. As I stated in the video, the rifle does NOT need subs. I fired Remington Thunderbolt in it that day, CCI mini mags, and Federal bulk pack, and NONE of them ever went supersonic. I also tried Remington subsonics in it for the heck of it and it was silly quiet at that point. Overall, the 10/22 with the operative truely is the quietest suppressed weapon I have EVER heard.

Here's another video I made of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zx7-vdvHaw

Brooks and Richard are great guys to deal with and have top notch customer service. So far, they have gotten ALL of my suppressor business and will continue to. Their products are also top notch in quality, performance, and craftsmanship. A+++++++ to Thompson Machine!!!

Thanks,
Thomas
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

There is also footage of the Operative starting at the 3:19 mark of this demonstration video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCL7q73M5bI

Enjoy :D
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
tigerdog
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tigerdog »

Thanks Fellas !!!!

-Tdog
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

So are these integral barrels cleanable?I don't know how these integrals are built and i have been wondering for awile now? :roll:
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

gunguy wrote:So are these integral barrels cleanable?I don't know how these integrals are built and i have been wondering for awile now? :roll:
I think so.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
ncsu90
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncsu90 »

I thought I read that the barrel was ported. Can you clean them? Do you need to?
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

On both the Operative and Operative S integrally suppressed barrels, the baffle stack is easily removable for cleaning. Simply unscrew it with the included take-down tool, brush it off with a stiff bristled brush, spray some good gun oil on it, and re-insert.

On the Operative S, the whole suppressor tube can be removed from the barrel, and you can clean the ports.

On the Operative, the suppressor tube is permanently attached to the barrel for an overall lenghth of 17" so that you dont have to SBR your 10/22 receiver.

You can still clean the ports by running solvent and a brush down the bore, although we have not had any issues with the ports clogging up.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

Well that new thomson barrel will be my next nfa item.That looks really cool and sounds really quiet. :twisted:
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

We appreciate every order!!! Thanks!

I'll post some new sexy pics of the Operative on this thread later this week. :D
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
ncsu90
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncsu90 »

Thanks for the quick reply Brooks. I'm hope you and your company the best. I can't wait to see photos of the Ruger Mark 2/3 integrals when you get them done. Please let us know what the cost will be on a customer provided factory upper when you set it.

I agree completely with some of my fellow members, Silvers should give you your own industry section on the forum. Perhaps someone will start of petition on your behalf if you want one.
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

ncsu,

PM sent!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
KiloXray

Post by KiloXray »

how long is the actual bbl (excluding the baffle) on the operative? im guessing around 11-12". Also, is acuracy affected much by the length of actual bbl and/or the baffles?
KX " El Controlador"
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

I also would like to know how accurate this 10/22 barrel is? Also i looked at the thompson web site and it looks like the operative went up a bit in price? How does this integral stack up to other brans of integraly suppressed 10/22's?
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

The Operative barrel is 10" long.

The accuracy of the gun is excellent. We haven't shot it much beyond 50 yards, but it groups nice and tight with good ammo at that distance. Of course, most of the time, we're plinking cans and shooting steel plates :wink: Click.....ting!

Of course we're biased, but we think the Operative is the best integrally suppressed 10/22 out there for the money. Especially considering the core can be cleaned and it includes the take-down tool for no extra money.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

Here is a new video we shot of the Operative C in action :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoLkdLmdtg
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

VERY impressive! I can't wait.....
texas_archer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by texas_archer »

gunguy wrote:I also would like to know how accurate this 10/22 barrel is? Also i looked at the thompson web site and it looks like the operative went up a bit in price? How does this integral stack up to other brans of integraly suppressed 10/22's?
Im in the same boat. I would like to get a review or seem some paper punched. I think its obviouse that Thompson makes a outstanding suppressor at a amazing price. I just need to see what kind of groups I can expect if I decide to go this route.
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

I'll shoot some groups ASAP with both the Operative C and Operative B so you guys can see what they're capable of.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
Iansstud
Silent Operator

Post by Iansstud »

Any plans for an integral ruger 22/45 or mkiii???

I would be the 1st in line!

You could call it the operative P