Thompson Machine XD 1.5 and XP 1.00 review

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

chingon
Silent But Deadly

Thompson Machine XD 1.5 and XP 1.00 review

Post by chingon »

Just got back from the range to try my newly acquired cans. I have a thread in the ST forum detailing my speedy Form 4 approvals.
The XP 1.00 is a 1'' x 6'' steel can with aluminum K baffles it is able to be disassembled. I know even TM calls this can "loud" until it has the mono-core upgrade. I will be sending it back for the 35.00 upgrade, but not out of disappointment. I was pleased with the amount of suppression I received with it. It was more quiet on my Remington 572 (pump rifle) than it was on my Walther P22. I do not believe either that the improved performance was better solely due to the action noise of the semi-auto pistol.
To me the XP 1.00 was as quiet "wet" (ultrasound gel) as my TAC 65 dry. To me the XP 1.00 dry was more quiet on my Professional Ordnance AR with Ciener .22 bolt than on the P22 dry. Like I said I am pleased with the "stock" performance versus cost but if I can increase my pleasure and performance for less the price than a VIP lap dance I am there. :P
Now about "Jumbo" the 1.5'' x 7'' steel tube can with aluminum K baffles (I believe 6) and end caps. This thing is "heavy" it feels like a tank and although I was tempted to fire 5.56 through it I abstained like a Catholic during Lent :twisted:
Yes, I KNOW it is a BIG .22 CAN :roll: I purchased this can for my rifles and AR platforms with the Ciener .22 bolt. To me the larger can just looks better on these platforms. As you can imagine, due to volume this can is QUIET!! On the 572 (pump) all you hear is the hammer falling :P
On the P22 and Prof. Ordnance AR with .22 bolt all you hear is the action noise and the splat against the target.
In conclusion I am pleased with the products and service of Thompson Machine.
I am a cheapskate with shallow pockets, I very easily could afford to purchase an Element or Spectre, hell I'm eye fucking a Prodigy with "new core" right now. Less expensive cans were my choice as I jumped into the NFA pool. Same reason I rode a Honda before I bought my Harley (2003 FXSTDI)You guys SUCK, I thought 3 stamps would satisfy me, HELL NO :evil: Why did I ever find this place.
Happy Turkey Day
Ric-
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

I'm glad to hear the 1.5 is so effective. I have one coming down the pipes too (should be any time now) and I'm getting anxious. I got mine for my 5.5" SBR'd .22 AR upper....it will have about 3" of the can sticking out of the rail.
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

Those 1.5 cans look great. I would love one for my 10/22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
TPayne
Silent But Deadly

Post by TPayne »

Just wait until you hear it with the monocore. :twisted:
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

TPayne wrote:Just wait until you hear it with the monocore. :twisted:
You have a 1.5 that's been upgraded?
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thompson Machine XD 1.5 and XP 1.00 review

Post by Diomed »

chingon wrote:You guys SUCK, I thought 3 stamps would satisfy me, HELL NO :evil: Why did I ever find this place.
You're quite welcome.
TPayne
Silent But Deadly

Post by TPayne »

rockman96 wrote:
TPayne wrote:Just wait until you hear it with the monocore. :twisted:
You have a 1.5 that's been upgraded?
No. I was referring to the Zephyr, which is what I just purchased, along with their Operative integral 10/22 barrel. Sorry if my post confused you guys.
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

Post by Brooks@Thompson Machine »

Chingon,

Glad to hear you're happy with your cans!!!

Just like Tpayne says though, wait till you hear it with the monocore. :twisted:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Brooks@Thompson Machine wrote:Chingon,

Glad to hear you're happy with your cans!!!

Just like Tpayne says though, wait till you hear it with the monocore. :twisted:
It went East yesterday 8)
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thompson Machine XD 1.5 and XP 1.00 review

Post by garandman »

chingon wrote:You guys SUCK, I thought 3 stamps would satisfy me, HELL NO :evil: Why did I ever find this place.
Ric-

Don't nobody tell him about machine guns.
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....