Thompson Machine Review with update for Major and Bobafet

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

Grab the tiger by the horns.

A leopard can't change his stripes.

A rolling stone is worth two in the bush.

A stitch in time is worth a pound of cure.

Even in a sewer, the cream rises to the top

Ben B. wasn't always the brightest tool in the shed.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

I went and filled out the form 4 on my poseidon today. I gotta say the fit and finish look amazing. I took it apart and I love the new monocore. I can't believe how simple the design of the monocore is but I can tell alot of work went into making this suppressor.

I know I said I wasn't thrilled about them answering emails but I wanna say their work is top notch. I'm very impressed with the quality and I'm looking forward to trying it out....in about 3 months. :cry:

Thanks Brooks, you guys did a great job on the design and fabrication.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

Now I REALLY can't wait til my QMF comes in, although it sounds like it'll be at least another be another month before I see it and another 4 months before I get to play with it.
Alanparsons: what does the baffle stack look like on your QMF?
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

Nighthawk wrote:Congrats on the new toys and I'm glad to hear of your good experience with their customer service.

I'm still waiting on my poseidon and my experience with their customer service hasn't been anything to brag about.

When I sent several e-mails with questions about the poseidon Brooks was quick to reply and answered them all. After I sent the check off it was a difference story.

He told me he didn't know if he could email me when the form 3 came back so he told me to check on it in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks was up I sent an email and got no reply. Waited another week and sent another e-mail and he answered it 2 days later saying it hadn't come back but it shouldn't be much longer and to check back later.

Another 2 weeks goes by so I checked again and got no reply. I waited another week and sent another email asking about the form 3. 2 days later I get tired of them not returning my email so I send another one. This time he tells me the form 3 is back and he'll try and get it in the mail the next day or the day after. I'm not sure how long the form 3 had been sitting on thier desk but I doubt it just happen to come in that same day.

A week later my FFL still has not received it so I sent an email asking for a tracking number. Brooks responds that afternoon and says he's not at the shop but he'll get it to me the next day. Its been 2 days now and still no response with a tracking number.

I mailed them a check on Jan 23rd and now its March 28th and still no suppressor or a tracking number. I'm gonna stick to ordering from the major. He was much better at returning emails, shipped next day and sent a tracking number.

From what I hear Thompson Machine makes quality products but in my opinion they are lacking in customer service. I was also going to order an operative barrel from them but with their lack of communication I've decided against it. To me a company can have the best products in the world but if they have lousy customer service and communication skills then I wont buy from them again. I understand that a small company can get busy and its hard to check emails but if they're that busy they should hire someone to do it for them. Nothing personal Brooks but I wont be a repeat customer.

You sound like a real pain in the ass. You expect a suppressor company to give you weekly updates as to the status of the form 3? Your lucky they even replied, try that s--t with anyone else. It is assholes like you that waste so much of these guys time. It will get there when it gets there. What an asshole. This has got to be your first NFA item.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

Beretta Steel wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:Congrats on the new toys and I'm glad to hear of your good experience with their customer service.

I'm still waiting on my poseidon and my experience with their customer service hasn't been anything to brag about.

When I sent several e-mails with questions about the poseidon Brooks was quick to reply and answered them all. After I sent the check off it was a difference story.

He told me he didn't know if he could email me when the form 3 came back so he told me to check on it in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks was up I sent an email and got no reply. Waited another week and sent another e-mail and he answered it 2 days later saying it hadn't come back but it shouldn't be much longer and to check back later.

Another 2 weeks goes by so I checked again and got no reply. I waited another week and sent another email asking about the form 3. 2 days later I get tired of them not returning my email so I send another one. This time he tells me the form 3 is back and he'll try and get it in the mail the next day or the day after. I'm not sure how long the form 3 had been sitting on thier desk but I doubt it just happen to come in that same day.

A week later my FFL still has not received it so I sent an email asking for a tracking number. Brooks responds that afternoon and says he's not at the shop but he'll get it to me the next day. Its been 2 days now and still no response with a tracking number.

I mailed them a check on Jan 23rd and now its March 28th and still no suppressor or a tracking number. I'm gonna stick to ordering from the major. He was much better at returning emails, shipped next day and sent a tracking number.

From what I hear Thompson Machine makes quality products but in my opinion they are lacking in customer service. I was also going to order an operative barrel from them but with their lack of communication I've decided against it. To me a company can have the best products in the world but if they have lousy customer service and communication skills then I wont buy from them again. I understand that a small company can get busy and its hard to check emails but if they're that busy they should hire someone to do it for them. Nothing personal Brooks but I wont be a repeat customer.

You sound like a real pain in the ass. You expect a suppressor company to give you weekly updates as to the status of the form 3? Your lucky they even replied, try that s--t with anyone else. It is assholes like you that waste so much of these guys time. It will get there when it gets there. What an asshole. This has got to be your first NFA item.
And you sound like an idiot who has reading comprehension problems. When did I say I wanted weekly updates? Instead of sitting here explaining myself to some dumbass such as yourself, how about you try getting hooked on phonics and read my post again.

If by the second time you still don't understand it because you're mentally slow, how about you just save us both some time and go F--k yourself so I wont have to waste my time telling you to go do so. :wink:
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

cyclone72 wrote:
Beretta Steel wrote:

THIS!. I waited 6 months for my first silencer, never complained never called and didnt even bother them. It came when it came, and this was when your first one took 6 months or more.

Who hasnt had something similar happen to them. Coming here to bash them is real classy though. :roll:
When did I bash them? I gave an honest account of my experience and nothing more. I bragged about their quality of work but was unhappy with their customer service. If you get butt hurt because of that, its your problem.

cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Nighthawk wrote:
cyclone72 wrote:
Beretta Steel wrote:
THIS!. I waited 6 months for my first silencer, never complained never called and didnt even bother them. It came when it came, and this was when your first one took 6 months or more.

Who hasnt had something similar happen to them. Coming here to bash them is real classy though. :roll:
When did I bash them? I gave an honest account of my experience and nothing more. I bragged about their quality of work but was unhappy with their customer service. If you get butt hurt because of that, its your problem.
your still a real class act/asshole in my book and thats your problem. You bashed them, not bad but still. Did you even let them know you were gonna slam them before doing so? Butt hurt, your the one who thinks they got assraped just because a company didnt pay enough attention to ya and now you come crying on this forum. For what, Justice? I guess you got what you wanted, your cans and smearing a companies name. Hooray for you, your such a winner. :wink:
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

cyclone72 wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:
cyclone72 wrote: THIS!. I waited 6 months for my first silencer, never complained never called and didnt even bother them. It came when it came, and this was when your first one took 6 months or more.

your still a real class act/asshole in my book and thats your problem. You bashed them, not bad but still. Did you even let them know you were gonna slam them before doing so? Butt hurt, your the one who thinks they got assraped just because a company didnt pay enough attention to ya and now you come crying on this forum. For what? Justice, I guess you got what you wanted, your cans and smearing a companies name. Hooray for you, your such a winner. :wink:
When did I cry? You think I did all this for justice? What kind of justice would that be? People like you are just sad. You get all hurt and whine cause I gave my opinion of a company that you like. Boo fucking Hoo.

So you're saying I emailed too soon even though I was told to send an email in 2 weeks to check on it? And I was being a total prick by waiting an additional week before sending another email when I hadn't gotten a reply. Yeah I'm a total asshole for only waiting a week before sending another one.

Then when I was told it wouldn't be long and I just send him another email to see if it was approved and waited another 2 weeks that was being a prick again huh? Ofcourse like the first time I didn't get a reply so I waited another week before sending another one. Yeah the way I hounded him was ridiculous.

But lucky for me he let me know when my dealer got it cause when I went to pick it up they told me they were sorry for not calling me that day and telling me it had come in cause they didn't know it was mine. There was no name or number with the can to let them know who it belonged to. Atleast Major sent my other 4 suppressors with my name and number so they knew who they belonged to. My dealer said it was the first time they ever received an NFA item and had no clue who it was for.

To some people maybe thats top of the line customer service but to me its not. If me saying that hurts your little feelings maybe you should grow some thicker skin and man the F--k up just a little bit.

continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

munch.....munch.....munch. I love a good bitch fight.

Anyone else want some popcorn? :lol:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
TPayne
Silent But Deadly

Post by TPayne »

Can't we all just get along? :lol:
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Alright, that does it. Clearly, I'm going to have to order a POSEIDON.
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

continuity wrote:munch.....munch.....munch. I love a good bitch fight.

Anyone else want some popcorn? :lol:
...buttered? and with jalepenos? Sure, pass it over. :lol:
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Post by garandman »

Dweezil wrote:Remember when everyone was bitching .....

I can't remember when everyone WAS NOT bitching.

C3 is a waiting game people. Get used to it, or go play a different game.
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

AMen Brother! :lol:
JohnDS
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnDS »

As busy as they are, Brooks has taken the time to answer many of my questions via phone and email. I'm an ADHD MF, as I'm sure some others are, and he's pretty helpful regardless of my OCD questions. I have a wasp awaiting Form 4 approval, and the shorty Clandestine upper awaiting Form 3. It's been a long wait, but all Class 3 stuff typically is.... patience
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

JohnDS........... You will love the Wasp. I am using a rubber disk at the end just for fun, and it fits, and I bought a set of punches... and I am OCD like you. :lol: It is very neat. I have other small cans like the Titan and Odessa but the Wasp is better. On par with the Odessa which is saying a lot.
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

Look, having a ton of forms in at any one time these days I can tell you that ATF is fucking slow right now. Like the bad old days slow in some cases. Others with new paper pushers are getting better times. I have had dealer to dealer faxed in take 2 months and another 1 week. So just deal with it or find another hobby.

and bobafet guy.... If you want to get serious and don't want to deal with your purchase PM me and I will send Brooks what you paid for it. Time is money, but wait time is not s--t in the NFA world. You know that.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

alanparsons wrote:Look, having a ton of forms in at any one time these days I can tell you that ATF is fucking slow right now. Like the bad old days slow in some cases. Others with new paper pushers are getting better times. I have had dealer to dealer faxed in take 2 months and another 1 week. So just deal with it or find another hobby.

and bobafet guy.... If you want to get serious and don't want to deal with your purchase PM me and I will send Brooks what you paid for it. Time is money, but wait time is not s--t in the NFA world. You know that.
alanparsons dude, if you want to get serious you need to re-read what I posted. Never had a problem with their quality, never had a problem with the form 3 wait time. My problem was with them ignoring emails and telling me they'll get back to me the next day and never hearing from them. As far as the can, like I said I wasn't unhappy with the can and its on a form 4.

For some reason people have a hard time with reading comprehension and understanding that what I was unhappy with was their not getting back to me when they said they would and just not answering an email at all. It has nothing to do with waiting on a form 3.

Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

Shhhhh. It's quiet time now.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Update. I did order that POSEIDON. Wait clock is started.

strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

What is your host 2manygunz?
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

2manygunz, what you may not realize is that 'animation' you posted of the hand holding the stop watch is 100% accurate to the NFA waiting experience. :wink:
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

strobro32 wrote:What is your host 2manygunz?
Sig239 Tactical

2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Selectedmarksman wrote:2manygunz, what you may not realize is that 'animation' you posted of the hand holding the stop watch is 100% accurate to the NFA waiting experience. :wink:
Ain't that the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/v/gq_5QZDpY1Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"
alanparsons
Senior Silent Operator

Post by alanparsons »

Gotcha. Hope you like the can. I am going to order another Poseidon and put it on a 239 Tac.

You guys getting the wipe cans need to order a punch set when you order the rubber sheets. On the MC site just search for rubber punches. Not cheap, but I can knock out a new set in 5 sec no cutting needed.

Also, cut a X into the front wipe with a razor. Mine works great and it does not tear the rubber up as fast. Rear wipe lasts a long time. Keeps the gel in there great.