Gemtech Multimount?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

RedArgon
Silent Operator

Gemtech Multimount?

Post by RedArgon »

Considering Gemtech will pay the transfer tax, I'm looking really hard at getting a Multimount for my Sig 226.

My question is, how does the Multimount compare with the Trident, Osprey, or Tirant, and does anyone use a Multimount with the Sig?

I appreciate the help and as always, pictures or video would be awesome... Thanks!! :D
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

All BS aside.

It's a top performer.
NFAtalk.org
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

It appears to meter well, Mr. Titsworth's reviewed but that's in the premium section so I can't give you numbers. I'm not a Gemtech fan, but I won't say the numbers aren't respectable.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gemtech Multimount?

Post by TX-Leo »

RedArgon wrote:Considering Gemtech will pay the transfer tax, I'm looking really hard at getting a Multimount for my Sig 226.

My question is, how does the Multimount compare with the Trident, Osprey, or Tirant, and does anyone use a Multimount with the Sig?

I appreciate the help and as always, pictures or video would be awesome... Thanks!! :D

Even the Gemtech haters admit the can is just as good as the SWR AAC and any other in terms of outright DB reduction.

Plus it has several mount options. I have an SBR with a TALON upper waiting for my MM9 approval from ATF.

There will be a review posted.

www.cop-talk.net
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:All BS aside.

It's a top performer.
this

Mine is on a P226 and I'm very happy with it.

I've been told by someone who should be in a position to know that it will hold up well to short bursts of full auto.

Won't quote numbers but I can say it holds it's own against the Trident and the Osprey ... don't have numbers on the TiRant so can't say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

doubloon wrote:
ArevaloSOCOM wrote:All BS aside.

It's a top performer.
this

Mine is on a P226 and I'm very happy with it.

I've been told by someone who should be in a position to know that it will hold up well to short bursts of full auto.

Won't quote numbers but I can say it holds it's own against the Trident and the Osprey ... don't have numbers on the TiRant so can't say.
The MM9 was designed in part for SMGs, hence the TALON so it should be just fine in FA with some common sense applied just as any other can. I will be using mine on my M11 once I snag a Lage.
www.cop-talk.net
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

Sound reduction wise - it's a top performer!
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
RedArgon
Silent Operator

Post by RedArgon »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'm new to class 3, but I've read up on Gemtech and even though they screwed up with the Gemtax thing a while back, 200 dollars is 200 dollars.

I'm just hoping they make a quality product, which apparently they do. The online videos are deceiving, but it sounds like it's pretty quiet! :)

I wish I could get a vague idea of those reduction numbers but I understand the silencerresearch site requires a paid subscription. oh well.
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

RedArgon wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'm new to class 3, but I've read up on Gemtech and even though they screwed up with the Gemtax thing a while back, 200 dollars is 200 dollars.

I'm just hoping they make a quality product, which apparently they do. The online videos are deceiving, but it sounds like it's pretty quiet! :)

I wish I could get a vague idea of those reduction numbers but I understand the silencerresearch site requires a paid subscription. oh well.
NFA ain't a cheap hobby.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

RedArgon wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone.

You will like it.
www.cop-talk.net
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

The AAC Ti-Rant and the Gemtech Multimount basically tied for first place on the full sized H&K USP 9SD.
NFAtalk.org
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

The Multimount I heard sounded about like a TiRant. So it's not a waste of money.
iron.maiden
Silent But Deadly

gt

Post by iron.maiden »

Diomed wrote:The Multimount I heard sounded about like a TiRant. So it's not a waste of money.
yes sir , you are right ,multimount is ti-rant best friend , a little difference because maybe ti-rant has 8 baffles and multimount 7
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

If they have started anondizing baffles and using an encapsulator instead of a wave spring to hold the baffles in place, it would be decent. The booster in that silencer is decent...better than the LID.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
GHIVELY50BMG20MM

Post by GHIVELY50BMG20MM »

I own both cans and they are close to equal, the Ti-Rant does sound a little bit quieter to my hearing on a Sig P226 Combat but not much.

I had a problem with the multimount after about 100rds of remington 147gr subsonic, one of them was a squib that got stuck in the can i put (4) more rounds behind it before I caught it. I didn't hear the bullet impact. After taking the can off it was very heavy and I could see the base of the bullet in the blast baffle. The can looked just fine, but the baffles had some play in them about 1/4" when it was shook.

After sending it back to gemtech all that was wrong was a damaged wave spring. I got the can back in eleven days door to door. I am very happy with their customer service. And it works great.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

GHIVELY50BMG20MM wrote:I own both cans and they are close to equal, the Ti-Rant does sound a little bit quieter to my hearing on a Sig P226 Combat but not much.

I had a problem with the multimount after about 100rds of remington 147gr subsonic, one of them was a squib that got stuck in the can i put (4) more rounds behind it before I caught it. I didn't hear the bullet impact. After taking the can off it was very heavy and I could see the base of the bullet in the blast baffle. The can looked just fine, but the baffles had some play in them about 1/4" when it was shook.

After sending it back to gemtech all that was wrong was a damaged wave spring. I got the can back in eleven days door to door. I am very happy with their customer service. And it works great.

Holy s--t you're a lucky guy. I'm amazed it didn't destroy the can. But maybe the lower speed of the 9mm round saved itself. I can only imagine what would have happened with a 223 or 308.

It dosent surprise me that Gemtech fixed it good as new.

It's one of the reasons I will NOT use reload ammo that I did not personally load myself in any of my cans.
www.cop-talk.net
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

That's great CS IMHO.
NFAtalk.org
GHIVELY50BMG20MM

Post by GHIVELY50BMG20MM »

TX-leo Wrote:
It's one of the reasons I will NOT use reload ammo that I did not personally load myself in any of my cans.
This was Remington factory ammo, I will never tust again.
TX-Leo
Silent But Deadly

Post by TX-Leo »

GHIVELY50BMG20MM wrote:TX-leo Wrote:
This was Remington factory ammo, I will never tust again.

:!: Yikes. Even worse. One would not expect that from a factory brand.
www.cop-talk.net
ClayC

Post by ClayC »

Good thread here guys.

Im also considering the multimount, but Im still pretty suppressor stupid.

I bought a TAC65 because Ive talked with guys who say a take apart .22 can is a must.

Is a take apart 9mm can a must or does it really matter with FMJ ammo?? It doesnt look like the multimount can be disassembled so Im wondering if thats an issue.

thanks,
clay
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Just keep to bullets with copper jackets and/or enclosed bases and you'll be fine. .22 is a special case and extremely dirty. Some people like the option of shooting cast lead through their suppressors because they're cheap or of using a 9mm can on a .22, so there are a few take-apart 9mm cans out there. They tend to not meter as well as sealed cans.

It all depends on what you're looking for.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

With Gemtech paying your stamp, if you price the Multimount vs a Ti-rant and thier performance being very close/similiar. It's a no brainer.
NFAtalk.org
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Personally, I'd say the Multimount and new Evo-9 are more comparable products. Their numbers are closer and both have multi-mount options. Then of course, there are the booster design similarities....
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Selectedmarksman wrote:Personally, I'd say the Multimount and new Evo-9 are more comparable products. Their numbers are closer and both have multi-mount options. Then of course, there are the booster design similarities....
I don't disagree and yey I still feel it's valid. The new Evo-9 is right up there with the Ti-rant. Rather impressive for a 1.25 tube.

But I was refering more to the OP question, he asked Multimount vs Trident, Osprey and Ti-rant not the Evo-9.
NFAtalk.org