Coastal Passport 22lr can

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

CapnMorgan

Coastal Passport 22lr can

Post by CapnMorgan »

My first can, I love it. Not quiet like the movies but good enuf for me. My buddy has a tac 65 on a walther p22 and its quieter than my gsg 5pk with the coastal. Not much but noticable, when wet my coastal is quieter. But it's 2 different cans and 2 different host, can't expect the same results. Subsonics are acceptabe dry(about the same as a 22cal air rifle) but standard 22lr ammo is a bit loud dry, altho it doesn't sound like a gunshot, more like an air nailer.

I picked the Coastal because There aren't many sot dealers in my area, I had to drive 40 minutes away for this one, he had other cans but this was the second from the cheapest and the dealer said it was a good bang for the buck and alot better than the cheaper one. I paid $200 + tax/atf tax. $412 total. I went the cheap route because it's my first suppressor and I wasn't sure if I wanted one bad enuf to spend big money, now I wonder why I didn't buy one sooner.

I also talked to Clyde on the phone before my purchase and he's a great guy, i called and left a message and he returned my call the next day, He actually called three different times because I left my phone outside and didn't hear it ring. I asked about warranty and he informed me that they don't have a writen warranty but if I ever had a baffel strike or weld the can together from not cleaning it just send it back and don't worry about a fee, as long as I don't damage the serialized tube, he can fix it.. the dealer that I purchased from told me a story about a guy that forgot to change his endcap from 223 and mounted the 30cal can with223 endcap to his 300whisper and damaged the endcap and 2 baffles, Clyde repaired the unit for free, the owner just payed for shipping.

Bottom line, it's a cheap can that does what the manufacturer says it will. not the best on the market but for the price it's great. I will do business with cgi again in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcdELXgju18 Heres a youtube video of me shooting.
Brooks@Thompson Machine
Industry Professional

Re: Coastal Passport 22lr can

Post by Brooks@Thompson Machine »

Welcome to a whole new world of shooting enjoyment :)
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[email protected]
www.thompsonmachine.net
ctvega

Post by ctvega »

I got my coastal passport just Christmas 2009 and I love it. My story is the same as yours. Was my first venture into suppressors so the dealer recommended this one. Liked it so much I'm currently waiting on my third and already thinking about which 45 suppressor to get.
thorazine

Post by thorazine »

How many baffles does your passport have?

I first picked up mine and it was the older design (four baffles total) and upgraded it to seven and now I am trying to compare the performance.
CapnMorgan

Post by CapnMorgan »

thorazine wrote:How many baffles does your passport have?

I first picked up mine and it was the older design (four baffles total) and upgraded it to seven and now I am trying to compare the performance.

it has seven baffles.

After try'n it on a few different host I really love it on longer barrels.(except ar15 with cmmg 22lr converson, Nothing will supress that).

It's decent on a p22, good on a gsg5pk and great on a 10/22. I'm looking for a cheap bolt action to buy now.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Define cheap. I'm looking at getting a bolt .22 soon as well.

So far I'm digging the Savage Mark II FVSR. Comes threaded from the factory and my dealer sells it for $265:
http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIFVSR
Looks pretty sweet if you ask me :D

Today I'm going to look into other models (not necessarily Savage) and see if anything else blows my skirt up, threaded or not. My dealer will always thread for pretty cheap, so we'll see.
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

When I ordered my TM Zephyr XL, My dealer had his Passport (7 baffles) in the shop. We popped a few rounds off inside his shop I was amazed how quiet the passport was. Now I'm seriously considering going with a Coastal Ultima 9MM can next.
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

Wahnsinn wrote:Define cheap. I'm looking at getting a bolt .22 soon as well.

So far I'm digging the Savage Mark II FVSR. Comes threaded from the factory and my dealer sells it for $265:
http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIFVSR
Looks pretty sweet if you ask me :D

Today I'm going to look into other models (not necessarily Savage) and see if anything else blows my skirt up, threaded or not. My dealer will always thread for pretty cheap, so we'll see.
hey that's the 16" version of my rifle!

i've VERY accurate. i took it to the range and just shooting off a bipod quickly, my 5shot groups at 50yrs were easily less than 1". i never do use a bench rest, although i think i need one to get better groups. i'm sure it's a lot more capable than i am.

and that's a good price. i paid ~$400 for mine and the only difference is that i have a different stock and my barrel is 22". i'd gladly get a 16" version for the price you paid though. my brother even had to admit the trigger is great compared to his Ruger 10/22.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

kaotic504 wrote:
hey that's the 16" version of my rifle!

i've VERY accurate. i took it to the range and just shooting off a bipod quickly, my 5shot groups at 50yrs were easily less than 1". i never do use a bench rest, although i think i need one to get better groups. i'm sure it's a lot more capable than i am.

and that's a good price. i paid ~$400 for mine and the only difference is that i have a different stock and my barrel is 22". i'd gladly get a 16" version for the price you paid though. my brother even had to admit the trigger is great compared to his Ruger 10/22.
How do you like the Accutrigger on it? I've never used one yet, looks pretty nice though. My other bolt guns just have the regular trigger, although they are set quite low too so I'm definitely spoiled on them, but this looks like it may be just as nice, with an extra safety feature.
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

Wahnsinn wrote: How do you like the Accutrigger on it? I've never used one yet, looks pretty nice though. My other bolt guns just have the regular trigger, although they are set quite low too so I'm definitely spoiled on them, but this looks like it may be just as nice, with an extra safety feature.
the AccuTrigger is pretty sweet. i like it a lot.