9mm and 5.56 cans

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

9mm and 5.56 cans

Post by eastern_hunter »

Working on a .30 cal can for a 300 blk. Will use it on 6.8 as well. Can for 22 LR is in the works aqs well. Beginning to think about the next cans for later in the year or next year. Have a retired person's pocket book, so price is an issue.

Interested in a 9mm can that can work with both a Sig 229 threaded 1/2"x28 and a 9mm rifle but capable of sustaining full auto. After that am interested in 5.56 can that could see use on an 11.5" M16. Bbl length obviously limits the field somewhat.

Suggestions?
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Re: 9mm and 5.56 cans

Post by JohnInNH »

I would look at a Liberty Kodiak family of silencers or a SilencerCo SS Sparrow for the .22 The new essence (part of the Kodiak family) is kick ass quiet and VERY light. The SS Kodiak is a brute and quiet.. The SS Sparrow is good for everything and super easy to clean. The easiest on the market IMHO.

I do not know if the SS Sparrow has as little blowback as the Kodiak family of silencers. That is directly linked to your semi auto reliability. The less blowback the less crap you get into your action and mags. The Kodiak has very little blowback. A huge selling point. Besides being easy to clean, tough as nails and quiet.

For the 9mm a NEW take apart AAC TiRant, OR if you want true multi Caliber look a the new Liberty Mystic.

It can use the AAC Triad tri lug adapter, handles 300 BLK, 338 Spector (on the 10 mm case), or 338 Whisper #2 (on the 221/223, and not the Whisper #1 which is on a 7mm BR), and even a 357 MAG full power, or 357 MAX (sub sonic only) using 220 gr and 300 gr cast bullets or 358 rifle bullets if 158's are not heavy enough for you.

It can handle limited 5.56 NATO even. It is a Ti mono core which is user serviceable and replaceable by the mfg. if damaged. It is not a 9mm sub gun silencer but can handle light full auto using a Triad. Dave may say it can handle more but it IS TI, so I would not let it get to hot. ;)

It is a true multi purpose 9mm/357 mag, 300 BLK silencer. Cast bullets are not a problem since you can easily open it and remove the lead/powder/lube buildup.

For the .30 I like the AAC 762 SD or a thread on 30 Cyclone-K (shorter than the std Cyclone) The Cyclone K is a good all around .30 can. Not the quietest but is a good size, accurate and no mounts needed. I use it on my AR and just make sure it is tight after each 20-30 shots. With a good thread job that is not to loose it will stay tight.

I HIGHLY recommend the usmachinegun.com 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 adapter. I liked it so much I took off my old one and got another to replace it I now have one for my 12" machinegun upper and one on my 16" upper. Comes with a nice steel thread protector.

Here:
http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail. ... AR152-AR10

There is a lot out there now to choose from.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

don't forget the octane 9 ....

I'm an omega baffle fan
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Why are you a fan of the Omega baffle?
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

why aren't you?

I used them in my Form 1 can, and I like them

how many unhappy Spectre owners do you know
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

Tried and true, SWR TRIDNET9 hands down my favorite. I use it on FA on my M11/9 Max-11, Sig 226, and it is absolutly wicked quiet on my H&R handi rifle (357) single shot.

Great mulit purpose can.

SWR's new one is awesome as well.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

SWR Octane-9 HD ordered with both threaded and 3 lug mounts.

5.56 can will have to wait until later in the year or next year as I collect more pennies. Lots of time for new things to appear.

Hope to be starting the Form 4 process in the not too distant future. Can't take as long as the last ones I did many years ago!