Red Jacket Silencers

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Red Jacket Silencers

Post by Historian »

"Why does anybody watch this show? Sweaty fat, overly tattooed douchbags."

Well, aside from the heart racing smell of cordite that wafts from the plasma screen and
the various devices shown that are dear to tall, old, non-tatooed, wiry shooters, it is the perpetual
hope that there will appear some sexy,stylish, slinky, Texas girl at least as pretty as Jaclyn Ellen Smith
whose class, nobility, and still fantastic looks grant her the right to tell off Will's 'douchbags'
and direct them to cover up their distracting art work. :) :)
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Wow, almost 23,000 members or people who post here, two of which are female, and one has her own account. The more the better and too bad it is so rare.
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

82nd airborne wrote:I just like the part where the 20ish year old "gunsmith" who couldnt put sling swivels on, proclaimed himself one of the best in the country. He is awesome.
dont forget about how they acted like assembling 5 simple ARs in a week is an almost impossible act lol
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

bikefreek wrote:
82nd airborne wrote:I just like the part where the 20ish year old "gunsmith" who couldnt put sling swivels on, proclaimed himself one of the best in the country. He is awesome.
dont forget about how they acted like assembling 5 simple ARs in a week is an almost impossible act lol
It is pretty hard if you don't have the parts in stock.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

I bet they didnt lap the lugs either. I dont really consider a gun custome if the little important things like lug lapping and truing things up isnt done. Not that Im anyone to decide that, It is just how I see fit to build. Everyone does it differently, and more power to them if it works. If they can manage to make a positive impact on non gunowners anywhere, moreso than those that have been negativly effected, they have done well.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

I'm still blown away they put an M16 with a beta mag on the top of that suburban. Get a belt fed for that job. And what was with the garbage can lid for a cover?

The other part I loved is when Will got pissed that the shop guys wanted to run the gun from a playstation controller. What else would you use? I have a buddy that is on a Special Response Team and they have a Ford Superduty with a minigun in the back. It is controlled with an Xbox controller.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

People lap lugs on an AR?
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

ugh...I just saw what they are charging for that Katana........ $1849.95 !!!!!!!!!
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

bikefreek wrote:ugh...I just saw what they are charging for that Katana........ $1849.95 !!!!!!!!!
I know some people that will buy it. "IT'S TAPE!"
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

Gavin S.
Silent Operator

Post by Gavin S. »

That my friend, is internet gold. Thanks for sharing that slice of Canadian life.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

haus
Silent Operator

Post by haus »

I would much rather see that fruit with the Katana he bought instead of a Red Jacket Katana! Anyone else immediately think Mini Me when it panned to his brother/son?
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Having at least one quality real Japanese made Katana is well and good to have in one's collection.

But with all due respect to Red Jacket hybrid 'Katana', its form and the price, I respectfully
suggest for your consideration a specialty Randall knife
designed by Doug Kenefick, the Sasquatch with a G-10 indestructible handle [ two sizes just over the hybrid's cost ] :

<< http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDALL-KNIFE-KNIVE ... 5532wt_907 >>

Less money than the hybrid, superior quality, it will increase in value, and I can attest that it has many
field virtues, for example on a GA boar hunt with
your favorite suppressor and rifle. A slice of heaven, in all its meanings.

A variation of the 1930's Nazi adoring Duchess of Windsor's "you can never be too thin or too rich"
is "you can never have too many Randalls or Aston Martins". :) :)
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

Historian wrote:Having at least one quality real Japanese made Katana is well and good to have in one's collection.

But with all due respect to Red Jacket hybrid 'Katana', its form and the price, I respectfully
suggest for your consideration a specialty Randall knife
designed by Doug Kenefick, the Sasquatch with a G-10 indestructible handle [ two sizes just over the hybrid's cost ] :

<< http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDALL-KNIFE-KNIVE ... 5532wt_907 >>

Less money than the hybrid, superior quality, it will increase in value, and I can attest that it has many
field virtues, for example on a GA boar hunt with
your favorite suppressor and rifle. A slice of heaven, in all its meanings.

A variation of the 1930's Nazi adoring Duchess of Windsor's "you can never be too thin or too rich"
is "you can never have too many Randalls or Aston Martins". :) :)
Dude the Red Jacket "Katana" is an AR-15.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

silencertalk wrote:People lap lugs on an AR?
Yessir. Youd be surpised how they shoot if you build them just like you would a bolt gun. It makes them very slick working too.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

hs338lapua,

OOPS, this old dude really stuck his #12's in his mouth on this one!!

Thank you for pointing it out. Mea Culpa. From Red Jacket to Red Face. :)

Must try to find a rerun of that missed episode.
Having collected Katana and demonstrated in my misspent youth some marginal skill
in Kendo, I reacted with my limbic system to the idea that one could turn out
a Katana in a week.

The repeated whacking by Sensei is now showing up after 50 years. :)

Thank you again for the correction!
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

So this whole time youve been ranting and raving about knives and s--t you didnt even know we were talking about guns?

Sometimes trying too hard to appear smart, only makes you look stupid... :lol:
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

bikefreek wrote:So this whole time youve been ranting and raving about knives and s--t you didnt even know we were talking about guns?

He was probably talking about the sword thing they made on the show.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

82nd airborne wrote:
bikefreek wrote:So this whole time youve been ranting and raving about knives and s--t you didnt even know we were talking about guns?

82nd airborne, you are quite astute in recognizing that it was the sword issue I was addressing .

As for the 'Green Lit Tinactin One Foot Man's' petulant: "So this whole time youve been ranting and raving about knives and s--t you didnt even know we were talking about guns? Sometimes trying too hard to appear smart, only makes you look stupid...":

Being able to form and construct whole coherent sentences with more than monosyllabic words unfortunately seems to you as "to be trying to appear smart."
It might shock you that I do not give a flying pigeon copulation what you think. I have not asked for your limited opinion nor
really care. Is this a shock to your little ego?

Having grown up where proper social etiquette and verbal responses were instilled at an early age by rather
large noble Gaelic gentlemen who tuned improper attitudes of ill mannered sorts as you,
I would never make such unwelcome comments at your errors and insipid resentment.

In this instance I am sad that old neighborhood has been gentrified. Otherwise I would willingly take the long trip down
to the Tunnel Cafe to discuss your rude and intemperate behavior over a glass of cranberry juice.
[Kindly refer to the bar scene in Scorsese's "The Departed" ... based on a parallel witnessed event that left a lasting impression
on intelligent young minds.] << http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6AeW8ok6E >>

If in the off chance you are in any way capable of grasping without inducing vertigo the connotations expressed above, and take any offense, then I will indeed be pleased.
I assure you that good manners and camaraderie of the other fine folks on this board restrain my more succinctly suggesting
in Southie terms, which you might more likely be able to grasp, that you go perform a very difficult physical contortion. :) :)

Hence forth you are shrouded, relegated to background noise, never to be recognized again. As Rodney Dangerfield
once said: "Save your breath for your inflatable date."
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

Historian wrote:
82nd airborne wrote:

82nd airborne, you are quite astute in recognizing that it was the sword issue I was addressing .

As for the 'Green Lit Tinactin One Foot Man's' petulant: "So this whole time youve been ranting and raving about knives and s--t you didnt even know we were talking about guns? Sometimes trying too hard to appear smart, only makes you look stupid...":

Being able to form and construct whole coherent sentences with more than monosyllabic words unfortunately seems to you as "to be trying to appear smart."
It might shock you that I do not give a flying pigeon copulation what you think. I have not asked for your limited opinion nor
really care. Is this a shock to your little ego?

Having grown up where proper social etiquette and verbal responses were instilled at an early age by rather
large noble Gaelic gentlemen who tuned improper attitudes of ill mannered sorts as you,
I would never make such unwelcome comments at your errors and insipid resentment.

In this instance I am sad that old neighborhood has been gentrified. Otherwise I would willingly take the long trip down
to the Tunnel Cafe to discuss your rude and intemperate behavior over a glass of cranberry juice.
[Kindly refer to the bar scene in Scorsese's "The Departed" ... based on a parallel witnessed event that left a lasting impression
on intelligent young minds.] << http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6AeW8ok6E >>

If in the off chance you are in any way capable of grasping without inducing vertigo the connotations expressed above, and take any offense, then I will indeed be pleased.
I assure you that good manners and camaraderie of the other fine folks on this board restrain my more succinctly suggesting
in Southie terms, which you might more likely be able to grasp, that you go perform a very difficult physical contortion. :) :)

Hence forth you are shrouded, relegated to background noise, never to be recognized again. As Rodney Dangerfield
once said: "Save your breath for your inflatable date."
for not caring what i think you sure seem willing to write a fucking book about it...
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

NO, he just kicked your ass with intellect and skill.

All you should have done was skulked back into the dark, but instead you proved him most correct.

That was possibly the BEST smack down I have read on here for quite some time.

I would be honored to take one with that much class. But maturity is required for that much introspection. :wink:

Bravo historian,,,,Bravo. 8)
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Sigproshooter, Thank you. I am honored to stand in YOUR shadow.

On a more uplifting note. Is it possible that we can all beseech Will at
Red Jacket to consider making a modern version of the Lewis and Clark Girandoni Air Rifle
for the masses. It could be pumped up to 800 ft. lbs, and fire around twenty rounds in a row before recharging.
Almost as good as an M1A1. Through a rifled barrel. No smoke to foul up a suppressor. Good for a hundred yards.
Subsonic. Threaded barrel. Modern metals and design.
Ref: << http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... ead+around >>

Again,

Best regards.
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

Historian wrote:Sigproshooter, Thank you. I am honored to stand in YOUR shadow.

Red Jacket to consider making a modern version of the Lewis and Clark Girandoni Air Rifle
for the masses. It could be pumped up to 800 ft. lbs, and fire around twenty rounds in a row before recharging.
Almost as good as an M1A1. Through a rifled barrel. No smoke to foul up a suppressor. Good for a hundred yards.

Again,

Best regards.
How does one go about pumping something up to "800 ft. lbs."?
brianb
Silent But Deadly

Post by brianb »

Historian wrote:Sigproshooter, Thank you. I am honored to stand in YOUR shadow.

Again,

Best regards.
Wow. A REAL project. A successful application of this might actually make me a fan... and, more challenging yet, a customer.