YHM Cobra M2 9mm Suppressor

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

tsands974
Silent But Deadly

YHM Cobra M2 9mm Suppressor

Post by tsands974 »

Hello,

This is my first thread and review here, so bear with me. I recently received my ATF approval for my YHM Cobra M2 suppressor, and finally got the chance to test it out during my lunch break. :D Anyhow, I mated the suppressor with my Glock 17, which I put a Lone Wolf match threaded barrel on, and extra high Ameriglo tritium sights to help me see over the suppressor. I loaded it up with Fiocchi 158gr. subs, and went to work dry. I was outdoors and the report was only a moderate, high-pitched pop. I noticed no first round pop issues, which I was very pleased with. Shot dry, this can is way below an unsuppressed .22lr, earpro would be a joke.

After a dry mag, I put just a dab of Clearglide wire-pulling lube (got a huge bottle at Lowe's for $5) and loaded up the subs again, and went through 200 rounds in a few minutes. Holy crap, and I thought it was pretty quiet firing dry. The best way I can describe the report is like a moderately-high pitched "clack" or "clink". Literally the most definitive sound was the slide racking itself, no joke. I would dare say that it was way quieter than any pellet rifle or pneumatic nail gun I've used, and I am incredibly pleased since I only paid $425 for it NIB.

Hopefully some of you will find this review helpful if you're contemplating a YHM can. I am quite familiar with suppressors, having used them extensively in the Sandbox, (5.56 and 7.62 cans, and a captured integrally suppressed 9mm Sten for dog dispatch :D ) That being said, the performance was optimal, sound reduction was awesome, no FTF or FTE. I would highly recommend one, as they are very affordable and come with a lifetime warranty.