SWR Trident 9 Vs Osprey 9mm

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

cpu77

SWR Trident 9 Vs Osprey 9mm

Post by cpu77 »

I have a trident 9mm and love it. How ever I like the Osprey design a little. Makes it so I would not need to change sights on some of my other hosts to shoot. So is the osprey as quiet as the trident on a glock 17? I have heard of people saying to buy the 45 can osprey and run a 9mm adapter? I am not sure what that means. I do not have a 45 can. I do have a trident 9 and a thompson machine SMG though.

Thanks
Ralph
sputzie
Silent Operator

Re: SWR Trident 9 Vs Osprey 9mm

Post by sputzie »

yes, get the osprey 45 and all will be good :mrgreen:
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

Silencerco has a video on Youtube with 9mm hosts being metered on their 45 can.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

cpu77 wrote:I have a trident 9mm and love it. How ever I like the Osprey design a little. Makes it so I would not need to change sights on some of my other hosts to shoot. So is the osprey as quiet as the trident on a glock 17? I have heard of people saying to buy the 45 can osprey and run a 9mm adapter? I am not sure what that means. I do not have a 45 can. I do have a trident 9 and a thompson machine SMG though.

Thanks
Ralph
Even though its an eccentric design doesn't mean you WON'T have to change the sights. I have seen several guns that the sites are still blocked by the Osprey.

-B
Mageever
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mageever »

Bendersquint wrote:
cpu77 wrote:I have a trident 9mm and love it. How ever I like the Osprey design a little. Makes it so I would not need to change sights on some of my other hosts to shoot. So is the osprey as quiet as the trident on a glock 17? I have heard of people saying to buy the 45 can osprey and run a 9mm adapter? I am not sure what that means. I do not have a 45 can. I do have a trident 9 and a thompson machine SMG though.

Thanks
Ralph
Even though its an eccentric design doesn't mean you WON'T have to change the sights. I have seen several guns that the sites are still blocked by the Osprey.

-B
My experience is that the 45Osprey on a Glock 17 should sound very similar to the Trident (with the possibility of more FRP depending on some factors). I REALLY like the 9Osprey for it's size/tone/suppression. It's a very optimized unit which has more appeal to me than the versatility of using a 45 can for everything. If money is tight and you shoot 45 a lot then the 45Osprey will be a good route for you.

Regarding sights, the stock Glock's are very low profile so they will be covered a bit, but you'll have a better overall view of your target when acquiring it with the Osprey. A tube that is 1 3/8" tube not only thoroughly blocks the sights, but also obscures more of the target all the way around the bore radius.