Looking for two supressors....

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

readr1

Looking for two supressors....

Post by readr1 »

I am looking for a .22 suppressor that will be switched from a 10-22 with a 16.5" Tac-Sol barrel, to a Buckmark with a 5.5" Tac-Sol barrel.
Next, I am looking for a thread on 7.62 suppressor that will ride on a Kel-Tec RFB. I might get my Remington 700 in .308 threaded and use it on that as well.
I plan on mostly plinking and river shooting with the .22's, and hog and deer hunting with a liberal amount of plinking with the .30 cal's.
Based on the above what would you suggest? I would normally just jump right in and get something, but with all the .gov BS I don't want to have to buy more than once.
Semper Fi
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for two supressors....

Post by SRM »

I would suggest an AAC Cyclone for the .308 and a Kodiak TL for the .22. Don`t overlook the Element by AAC.
I`ve got my eye on the Surefire .22, still waiting on published #`s.
If you want max suppression from the .308, get one rated for the 300 mag.
MCFLURY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MCFLURY »

look at the 7.62sd aac I have one on a RFB and multiple other rifles. The mounts will save you time and probably piece of mind as for 22 look at the element or the sparrow I have an element kinda wish i would have looked into the sparrow for the ease of take disassembly but the element isnt bad either.
readr1

Post by readr1 »

Thank you for the the replies, I'm leaning towards the AAC Cyclone for the RFB. Is there a reason I shouldn't get the stainless Sparrow? That's the one I'm leaning towards for the .22's, although I haven't researched the Kodiac or the Element yet.
Semper Fi
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

readr1 wrote:Thank you for the the replies, I'm leaning towards the AAC Cyclone for the RFB. Is there a reason I shouldn't get the stainless Sparrow? That's the one I'm leaning towards for the .22's, although I haven't researched the Kodiac or the Element yet.
The only reason not to is high first round pop.

It's a decent option. It, the ELEMENT, the Spectre, the Kodiak should all be in your search.
Kick Ass Design
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
DarkStar
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DarkStar »

readr1 wrote:I am looking for a .22 suppressor that will be switched from a 10-22 with a 16.5" Tac-Sol barrel, to a Buckmark with a 5.5" Tac-Sol barrel.
I have an AAC Element that I use on a 10/22 with a 16.5" KIDD barrel and a BuckMark with a 4" Tac-Sol barrel. (I also use it on a bolt-action 17 HMR)

I am extremely pleased with the performance, and cleaning the baffles is quick, simple, and easy with the Dip. Soak, rinse, wipe off. No scrubbing, chipping, flaking... no knife, scraper, wire brush, or media blasting required.
jcsanders79

Post by jcsanders79 »

I asked a simuliar question a while back and was told to research the AAC Element, SWR Spectre & Liberty Kodiak.

After all my research I think I want 2. I'll probably buy the Kodiak TL first and get an Element a little latter.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

jcsanders79 wrote:I asked a simuliar question a while back and was told to research the AAC Element, SWR Spectre & Liberty Kodiak.

After all my research I think I want 2. I'll probably buy the Kodiak TL first and get an Element a little latter.
good choices
Kick Ass Design
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

JasonAAC wrote:
readr1 wrote:Thank you for the the replies, I'm leaning towards the AAC Cyclone for the RFB. Is there a reason I shouldn't get the stainless Sparrow? That's the one I'm leaning towards for the .22's, although I haven't researched the Kodiac or the Element yet.
The only reason not to is high first round pop.

It's a decent option. It, the ELEMENT, the Spectre, the Kodiak should all be in your search.
Can`t find the thread you spoke of the ELEMENT tube being nickel plated.
We (at work)get parts plated for H2s enviroments and when they get a nick in plate, corrosion starts and there done.
Why did AAC choose not to use stainless of some sort for the tube? If they did I`m sure it would be the top of many peoples lists!!!!!
DarkStar
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DarkStar »

Nickel?
Mine isn't...
Mine has been in the rain, snow, sand, mud... no corrosion whatsoever.
Here is the word from the AAC web site:

"The baffles and end caps are heat-treated 17-4 stainless steel, while the tube is ultra-durable SCARmor™-coated alloy steel"
readr1

Post by readr1 »

OK after waffling back and forth 70-80 times I finally decided to go with the Liberty. Called them up, and talked to them and have placed an order for the Essence. :D
I'm still undecided about the .30 cal can, I am waffling back and forth between the AAC 7.62SD and the Liberty Freedom. It will be used on my RFB 99% of the time. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with both of these suppressors that can offer an opinion?
Thanks for all your help guys, its been very educational.. I haven't agonized over something like this since I bought a house! :shock:
Semper Fi
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

readr1 wrote:I haven't agonized over something like this since I bought a house! :shock:
Lol. :lol:
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

DarkStar wrote:Nickel?
Mine isn't...
Mine has been in the rain, snow, sand, mud... no corrosion whatsoever.
Here is the word from the AAC web site:

"The baffles and end caps are heat-treated 17-4 stainless steel, while the tube is ultra-durable SCARmor™-coated alloy steel"
Found the thread. Industry section, AAC.