newbie..yhm 45 xl a good choice for m10?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

nickeldicker
Silent Operator

newbie..yhm 45 xl a good choice for m10?

Post by nickeldicker »

first title 2 is in form 4 waiting status.its a m-10 45. im puting the lage slowfire upper on it with 5/8 -24 thread.....i was thinking of the yankee hill 45 xl for the suppressor.......anyone have reviews of the xl 45......or is there a better choice and why

thanks alot.....
BookHound
Silent But Deadly

Re: newbie..yhm 45 xl a good choice for m10?

Post by BookHound »

For a MAC I think the best dedicated suppressor is the Gemtech Viper. It has a great locking device to keep the suppressor tight and secure on the host. It is light weight and pretty quiet. The heat shield is nice as well. But it is a dedicated suppressor and in your case if you are going with 5/8x24 threads the Viper is not a candidate for you. If you want to use an upper with standard MAC threads, the Viper is a good choice.

Mark
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: newbie..yhm 45 xl a good choice for m10?

Post by Bendersquint »

BookHound wrote:For a MAC I think the best dedicated suppressor is the Gemtech Viper. It has a great locking device to keep the suppressor tight and secure on the host. It is light weight and pretty quiet. The heat shield is nice as well. But it is a dedicated suppressor and in your case if you are going with 5/8x24 threads the Viper is not a candidate for you. If you want to use an upper with standard MAC threads, the Viper is a good choice.

Mark
You can always go and get a TROS adapter to adapt whatever thread pitch you have (5/8x24) to the MAC threads of the Viper. Well worth it, I did that myself for a Viper9 I got at a price I couldn't turn down.......free.

-B