Jet 338 Titanium Suppressor and Mike's Gun Sales Review

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

rawn869

Jet 338 Titanium Suppressor and Mike's Gun Sales Review

Post by rawn869 »

I would acutally love to give you a complete review of a Jet suppressor. However, it's been over a year and no product. I can however give a review of Mike's Gun sales. I don't know how many decibles their suppressor is but I can tell you that the company's is ZERO. That's as quiet as you can get.

Up until the last month or so (gave up) I've called or e-mailed once or twice weekly for 7 months. I received one e-mail last July (2010) saying they'd get back with me soon. Debra answered the phone once in October (2010) and stated they've had some personal difficulties, apologized for the lack of communication and delay, and stated she'd get back with me soon for a refund or product update. That's it.

My advice: avoid them like the plague and spend your money elsewhere. I'd have done the same had I researched more thoroughly and read other posts on this forum about Mike's Gun Sales. I hope this report did not cross the line into abuse or slander as I've tried to just tell the truth. Thanks for reading.
Rawn.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Re: Jet 338 Titanium Suppressor and Mike's Gun Sales Review

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Give Mike or John a call at AAC tomorrow. I will give you a deal on a .338 silencer. I would hate for you to become discouraged by NFA b/c of this experience.

AAC...770.925.9988
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
rawn869

Post by rawn869 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have 5 suppressors and one of them is an AAC. They are reputable, make an excellent product, and ship in a timely manner as have HTG, AWC, and Gemtech which are the other manufactures I have utilized.
Rawn.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

rawn869 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have 5 suppressors and one of them is an AAC. They are reputable, make an excellent product, and ship in a timely manner as have HTG, AWC, and Gemtech which are the other manufactures I have utilized.
Rawn.
I don't think you understand. Kevin runs things around there, or at least his wife lets him think so. He is saying he is going to give you the deal of the century on one.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Rawn, sent you a private message.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
rawn869

Post by rawn869 »

Awsome guys! Thanks for the replies and tips!
Rawn.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Can't beat the AAC Titan. Tames that 338 Lapua Mag blast down nicely. My favorite can hands down.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

Unfortunately, you are definitely not the first guy to get the 'silent' treatment from Jet. Check over at snipershidedotcom. for others who are in the same boat.

If AAC has made you an offer on a Titan, jump on it.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
gixxerbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by gixxerbill »

nope he ain't the only one. They are into me for about $2200 and that reminds to call my lawyer and see how the suit is going against them. They already have a default judgement and the court asked for a asset list. If he doesn't send it in, he will be contempt of court and should be arrested couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Wonder if he will remain "silent"when arrested? :?: :twisted:
rawn869

Post by rawn869 »

That definitely sucks. I thought about trying to file a small claims through civiltree.com but I'd still have to be present on the court date and I'm quite a ways away here in central AR. Wouldn't hardly be worth my time and money to fly down there to do it but I have thought about suing based on principal alone. Sorry about your problem as well. Hope you get some results.
Rawn.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Go to a small claims court and sit in. You will see one or two lawyers there representing credit card companies. They work in bulk and handle a dozen cases a session. Ask for their card. They seem to only charge $50 sit there and represent you. It seems like a deal.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

That website looks good. They charge $189 for my state. I filed for just the court fee, and I served by first class mail return receipt.

Here are the actual court fees for my state:
What is the filing fee for a small claim?

The filing fee for small claims of $500 and under is $40. The filing fee for claims of $501 to $2000 is $50. The filing fee for claims of $2001 to $5000 is $100. The filing fee for claims of $5001 to $7000 is $150. The filing fee for claims of property damage of more than $7000 arising from an automobile accident is $150.
rawn869

Post by rawn869 »

Yeah, but the way I read it, I still have to be present on the appointed court date. I've been here locally to small claims court on numerous occiasions but I've never seen a CC company lawyer. Is there another way to find one? Can they represent me in TX even if I'm not present?
Thanks,
Rawn.
gixxerbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by gixxerbill »

thinking out of the box here but couldn't you sue Jet Suppressors in small claims court in your state AR? Not sure on this but it might be worth looking into. Anybody know?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

rawn869 wrote:Yeah, but the way I read it, I still have to be present on the appointed court date. I've been here locally to small claims court on numerous occiasions but I've never seen a CC company lawyer. Is there another way to find one? Can they represent me in TX even if I'm not present?
Thanks,
Rawn.
Maybe Texas requires you to be present, but lawyers are allowed. You could go there and watch and say nothing. In MA I am sure the CC companies were not present.

You can find one other ways but it would seem hard to find a $50 one without knowing which ones specialize in doing bulk appearances.
The Shottist

Post by The Shottist »

gixxerbill wrote:thinking out of the box here but couldn't you sue Jet Suppressors in small claims court in your state AR? Not sure on this but it might be worth looking into. Anybody know?
If you mailed a payment and used a USPS money order, you can use the Fed to collect. They will go after him for mail fraud.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Kevin/AAC wrote:Give Mike or John a call at AAC tomorrow. I will give you a deal on a .338 silencer. I would hate for you to become discouraged by NFA b/c of this experience.

AAC...770.925.9988
Kevin, I came back from getting my leg sewn back on yesterday, after it fell off saving a dozen or so babies from a house fire. When I got back, my dog had eaten my .45 can, my 9mm can, and my .338 can. If you could hook me up with a coupe TiRants and a Titan that would be great.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
rawn869

Post by rawn869 »

The Shottist wrote:
gixxerbill wrote:thinking out of the box here but couldn't you sue Jet Suppressors in small claims court in your state AR? Not sure on this but it might be worth looking into. Anybody know?
If you mailed a payment and used a USPS money order, you can use the Fed to collect. They will go after him for mail fraud.
Unfortunately, paid with CC. However, did finally get a reply 1 day after informing them I planned to report the money stolen. That was 3 weeks ago. May have to follow through with it after all. Thanks for the input.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

82nd airborne wrote:
Kevin/AAC wrote:Give Mike or John a call at AAC tomorrow. I will give you a deal on a .338 silencer. I would hate for you to become discouraged by NFA b/c of this experience.

AAC...770.925.9988
Kevin, I came back from getting my leg sewn back on yesterday, after it fell off saving a dozen or so babies from a house fire. When I got back, my dog had eaten my .45 can, my 9mm can, and my .338 can. If you could hook me up with a coupe TiRants and a Titan that would be great.
Wow!

Deja Vu, that happened to me last week!

:wink:

-B
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Bendersquint wrote:
82nd airborne wrote:

AAC...770.925.9988
Wow!

-B
I dont think Kevin is planning on hooking us up! He's just going to leave us hanging after all that trauma...
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

Bendersquint wrote:
82nd airborne wrote:

AAC...770.925.9988
Wow!

-B
I was just going to post the same thing, must be an epidemic...
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
rawn869

Post by rawn869 »

Update: My class III guy received the Jet 338 suppressor today! I get to send off my paperwork now to BATFE for another unspecified wait. But, at least I'm getting somewhere now!
Rawn.