Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Post Reply
3s1k
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by 3s1k » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:46 am

If you got one let's here about it. I bought a YHM SS thread on and changed my mine. Dealer had a YHM Ti 7.62 can and said he would let me trade up for it + the difference. I tried their SS 762 but it was so damn heavy I passed and went with their 556 can instead. But after fondling their Ti can I had to trade up for this life long purchase. Anyways, it was spur of the moment so I didn't get to research as much as I usually do.

User avatar
JasonM
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm
Location: NoVA
Contact:

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by JasonM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am

3s1k wrote:If you got one let's here about it. I bought a YHM SS thread on and changed my mine. Dealer had a YHM Ti 7.62 can and said he would let me trade up for it + the difference. I tried their SS 762 but it was so damn heavy I passed and went with their 556 can instead. But after fondling their Ti can I had to trade up for this life long purchase. Anyways, it was spur of the moment so I didn't get to research as much as I usually do.
Do you have the can yet?
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy

User avatar
gunguy
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by gunguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am

I would also like to know how these perform? I really like the YHM mounts, and the fact that they include one mount with the can is a really big bonus.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER

User avatar
JC Weaponry
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 pm
Location: Newberg, OR
Contact:

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by JC Weaponry » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:40 pm

I have one and put 400rnds through it in a day, it was a good performer, everyone who tried it, liked it and I was shooting at ranges from 100-400yrds throughout the day. No accuracy problems.

I'm happy with mine. The QD feature was tight at the end of the day due to buildup around the front of the QD mount, but it broke free and was fine afterwards.
SIGnature SIGsauer Dealer
01/03 SOT
Newberg, OR

3s1k
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by 3s1k » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:19 pm

JasonM - I just bought the can and was supposed to shoot it last weekend but it had the wrong Thread QD mount.

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by 82nd airborne » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:32 pm

I like mine. It is a fair price/performance ratio in my opinion. Just looking down the can, the baffles and tube look thicker than need be, and the mount weighs about as much as a can, but other than that its a good can.

For titanium cans, I like the SAS arbiter better,, and around the same price.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.

User avatar
JasonM
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm
Location: NoVA
Contact:

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by JasonM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:47 pm

3s1k wrote:JasonM - I just bought the can and was supposed to shoot it last weekend but it had the wrong Thread QD mount.
Cool, congrats on your purchase.

I was wondering because you were all over Silencer Forum with recommendations for it, so I was wondering how much experience with it and similar models you've got. And it's too late to ask for reviews of a can you've already purchased.

The weight on the new YHM Ti cans is MUCH improved over their older steel boat anchors, still overall hefty pieces. I'm not sold on Ti in a heavy use rifle can. Performance of YHM cans is good, especially for the money. They are durable enough for most folks. The mounts are fine, but I've always found them to be the ugliest things made.

At the end of the day, If i was looking to get a rifle can and didn't want to drop the bucks on a top tier one, I'd be happy with a YHM.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy

3s1k
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by 3s1k » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:14 pm

JasonM wrote:
3s1k wrote:JasonM - I just bought the can and was supposed to shoot it last weekend but it had the wrong Thread QD mount.
Cool, congrats on your purchase.

I was wondering because you were all over Silencer Forum with recommendations for it, so I was wondering how much experience with it and similar models you've got. And it's too late to ask for reviews of a can you've already purchased.
Sorry hehe, I do recommend it based off what I can tell so far :lol: Its light and very pretty. I was just impressed in the price and weight of it I had to throw it in the mix of suggestions.

I got to demo the YHM 556/762 SS cans and I liked them a lot. The QD worked well but seemed a little long on the 762 can. They were just to damn heavy.

User avatar
JasonM
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm
Location: NoVA
Contact:

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by JasonM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:25 pm

3s1k wrote:Sorry hehe, I do recommend it based off what I can tell so far :lol: Its light and very pretty. I was just impressed in the price and weight of it I had to throw it in the mix of suggestions.

I got to demo the YHM 556/762 SS cans and I liked them a lot. The QD worked well but seemed a little long on the 762 can. They were just to damn heavy.
Understood. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy

3s1k
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by 3s1k » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 pm

JasonM wrote:
3s1k wrote:Sorry hehe, I do recommend it based off what I can tell so far :lol: Its light and very pretty. I was just impressed in the price and weight of it I had to throw it in the mix of suggestions.

I got to demo the YHM 556/762 SS cans and I liked them a lot. The QD worked well but seemed a little long on the 762 can. They were just to damn heavy.
Understood. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

If I ever can get a 12x28 QD mount I can actually be helpful and give a review on it. Money is tight with Xmas I can just order another one. My dealer is working on swapping it out for me when he gets one in.

User avatar
este
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2235
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by este » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:03 pm

To be honest, I got some time to grope the YHM Ti at my dealer a couple weeks ago. Not too impressed. They weren't all that much lighter than the SDN6 I got to handle, and while the YHM 338 was lighter than the AAC SS Titan, it didn't feel THAT much lighter in my hands, the SS Titan I was expecting to be a brick but it didn't feel that bad, I bet it would be different if they would have been on rifles. The YHM was about 3/5ths the overall machining quality of the AAC cans. I don't really have a thing for either company, just telling it like I saw it.

I actually really hated the (sandblast?) finish on the YHM cans. It scratched super easy and looked like it was still awaiting paint. My hands were pretty clean with just a little gun oil from handling a rifle in their shop and I left a couple visible marks on the YHM that didn't seem to wipe off with a dry rag.

That said, I have not heard any of the above cans yet. Looking forward to it though.

Liberty97045
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by Liberty97045 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:22 pm

I am shopping for a titanium 30 cal and looked at a YHM. The unit was full of sand blast media which did not give me warm fuzzies about their quality control. How much effort does it take to blow out the sand on a $1000 suppressor?
As a result, I will keep looking.

3s1k
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by 3s1k » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foia0jVp ... ata_player

Here's a video on my 10.5" SBR. I'm happy with the purchase and so is my wallet. I don't know anyone with a Can besides my dealer and I've only heard YHM cans in person. Search through my videos and I have a Socom .308 comparison video also.

jhargiss1
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: nebraska

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by jhargiss1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 am

I have both of the Yankee Ti 223 and 308! I am very happy with both of them!

FailedAbortion
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Orygun

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by FailedAbortion » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:11 am

I have had both the SS & then traded up to the Ti. None of the guys I shoot with can hear a difference, but by god we can feel it. I run it on a 10" 556 mostly and it sounds great. We have started a new game because of the new Ti. It's called see what burns, we guess how many rounds it takes to catch something on fire shooting the Ti. Luckily it cools pretty fast as well. I've got nothing but nice things to say about it.

Enjoy.

FA
A Shining example of what not to be when you grow up

dan9591
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 12:07 am

Re: Any reviews on YHM Titanium Suppressors?

Post by dan9591 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:58 pm

I have the ti 5.56. Awesome on my 10.5" SBR!

Post Reply