5/8x24 adapters review

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

steel
Silent But Deadly

5/8x24 adapters review

Post by steel »

Well I needed a couple of adapters so I could use my 9mm suppressors on my 300BLK rifle so ordered a "The Silencer Store"
300BLK 5/8'sx24 to 1/2x28 adapter it came in 3 days after I ordered and looks/works great on my rifle if anyone needs such a beast I give it a thumbs up. Next was a hard one to find a 5/8x24 to Tri-Lug adapter so I could mount my sub-gun suppressor on the 300blk rifle. I came accross a old forum post that stated TROS made these (not listed on their website) so I emailed and they were instock. Within a few days the adapter showed up pefect fit and it works great. I love the 3 lug system very easy and fast in the field to remove and attach. I took a couple quick pics:

uvausmc

Re: 5/8x24 adapters review

Post by uvausmc »

You may want to check with AAC to make sure using a 9mm suppressor on 300BLK is OK. I know I've seen guys do it but there is a still a significant pressure difference in the two (for supersonic, over 10,000-20,000 CUP depending on the load).

Mers went over this though it was with more extreme examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVk9nEsM3w
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I ordered 2 adapters on fri. and they arrived today that's awesome turn time. Thanks !!!!

And the 300blk out is safe to shoot in a 9mm can if it is subsonic if it is high volume. NO Posiden's LOL. As far as supersonic possibly if it is a Octane HD but I would check. It would have to hold the pressure of a AK round or so. I have local made suppressor with K baffles and subsonic is OK but have not tried sonic I might just for laughs. I was going to have it rebuilt anyway. But I will work the load up and measure the stack each bump up in load. The tube is overbuilt so I don't worry about it.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

uvausmc wrote:You may want to check with AAC to make sure using a 9mm suppressor on 300BLK is OK. I know I've seen guys do it but there is a still a significant pressure difference in the two (for supersonic, over 10,000-20,000 CUP depending on the load).

Mers went over this though it was with more extreme examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVk9nEsM3w
This is been put out often that a 9mm can can be used as long as its subsonics ONLY.

This has been said for the following and many more....... TiRant series, Evo9, Trident, Cobra, Tundra, Multimount.

Supersonic isn't recommended at all.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Bendersquint wrote:
uvausmc wrote:You may want to check with AAC to make sure using a 9mm suppressor on 300BLK is OK. I know I've seen guys do it but there is a still a significant pressure difference in the two (for supersonic, over 10,000-20,000 CUP depending on the load).

This is been put out often that a 9mm can can be used as long as its subsonics ONLY.

This has been said for the following and many more....... TiRant series, Evo9, Trident, Cobra, Tundra, Multimount.

Supersonic isn't recommended at all.

With the exception of the Mystic. Which is My FAVORITE 300 BLK silencer. As long as it's not a short SBR you are ok. See Liberty's site for barrel length info IIRC it's 9" and over are OK.

Used my Cyclone-K on my PSA upper as my Mystic was on my Micro7 and was shocked at the amount of blowback I got (even with subs). Mystic again is my go to can.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!