New Member- 30 Cal. Help Please

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

RubberDucky

New Member- 30 Cal. Help Please

Post by RubberDucky »

New to the forum and fairly new to silencers. I have a 22 can on the way so its time to start looking for a 30 cal! I was able to shoot a couple different 22 cans before I went with the Xcaliber Genesis but I dont think I will have that luxury with the 30 cal(Unless someone on here in my area wants to shoot!). I'm looking for a threaded connection silencer that will be mainly shot on a .308 Win bolt gun and a 16" 6.8 SPC. I would prefer something mangum rated also.

What I care about:
Quiet, Quiet, Quiet
Long Life
Minimal POI if possible

Dont care about:
Length/size
Weight

Any suggestions? I have been looking at the AAC Cyclone, Thundertrap, Thunderbeast 30P-1, Elite Iron Bravo 30. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: New Member- 30 Cal. Help Please

Post by Bendersquint »

I would go with a Cyclone, not sure about its Magnum rating or not.

There are plenty of people in your area with 30 cal cans. Have you asked any of the C3 shops if they knew anyone to help you?
RubberDucky

Post by RubberDucky »

I've been talking with my class 3 guy and we are going to try to put something together but I dont know that we will have but a couple silencers to try out.

Everyone seems to like the Cyclone, if I had to choose right now thats probably what I would go with.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Hooper has a magnum rated can. Minimal poi also and titanium.
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

This is our FEMUR 10 oz. Titanium Suppressor. Performs excellent on a .223 AR as well. Rated for 300 wm.

Well balanced vs. heavier suppressors out on the end. Rifle is a hammer. Whatever is behind the red dot gets smacked.

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Hey Hoop, that can is a half oz. lighter than my f1 .22lr can!!!

Have you done any longevity testing with that bad boy?
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

SRM wrote:Hey Hoop, that can is a half oz. lighter than my f1 .22lr can!!!

Have you done any longevity testing with that bad boy?
300wm and M4carbine. I have done endurance testing that far exceeded the expected use of these suppressors.

Really saw no aperture erosion when abused.

I have number one on my rifle, still going. The only changes we made from the first batch was laser engraving. It gives a more consistent cleaner look from cnc.

The 7" seen in the pics has not been off that rifle. Even with it being a .30 cal suppressor, others on hog hunts using big name dedicated 5.56 suppressors using same barrels/ammo, commented on how much quieter my rifle is. Out on the end of a barrel, 7-8 ounces lighter means a lot too.

Works great on a 6.5 Grendel as well.

Again, I am proud to engrave my name on the FEMUR.

www.hooperordnance.com
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

RubberDucky wrote:New to the forum and fairly new to silencers. I have a 22 can on the way so its time to start looking for a 30 cal! I was able to shoot a couple different 22 cans before I went with the Xcaliber Genesis but I dont think I will have that luxury with the 30 cal(Unless someone on here in my area wants to shoot!). I'm looking for a threaded connection silencer that will be mainly shot on a .308 Win bolt gun and a 16" 6.8 SPC. I would prefer something mangum rated also.

What I care about:
Quiet, Quiet, Quiet
Long Life
Minimal POI if possible

Dont care about:
Length/size
Weight
You'll regret not caring about these things....
Any suggestions? I have been looking at the AAC Cyclone, Thundertrap, Thunderbeast 30P-1, Elite Iron Bravo 30. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
weight has a big impact on POI shift
RubberDucky

Post by RubberDucky »

First and foremost for me is queit. If I can have a super quiet can thats not heavy or long I'd be interested even if it does cost a little more up front. Any suggestions?
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

dtom29 wrote:
RubberDucky wrote:New to the forum and fairly new to silencers. I have a 22 can on the way so its time to start looking for a 30 cal! I was able to shoot a couple different 22 cans before I went with the Xcaliber Genesis but I dont think I will have that luxury with the 30 cal(Unless someone on here in my area wants to shoot!). I'm looking for a threaded connection silencer that will be mainly shot on a .308 Win bolt gun and a 16" 6.8 SPC. I would prefer something mangum rated also.

What I care about:
Quiet, Quiet, Quiet
Long Life
Minimal POI if possible

Dont care about:
Length/size
Weight
You'll regret not caring about these things....
weight has a big impact on POI shift
Turbulance on the bullet and negative pressure play a larger role. Baffle design determines both of these. We made our suppressors to minimize POI shift.

Take a GI Flash hider for example. One with exit hole slightly larger than the projectile. Once the gases hit the fanned exit ports, it can move the bullet enough for a POI shift. Gas expansion needs to be addressed in baffle design.

www.hooperordnance.com
Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

www.hooperordnance.com
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Weight affects barrel harmonics which causes POI shift. Not saying you aren't right, just saying weight also has an impact.
RubberDucky,you asked for suggestions....I own a Gemtech Sandstorm, I'm very happy with it, light, quiet, and about as short as any full length can.