My OBR

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

My OBR

Post by john.t.little1 »

My OBR just got to the house and want to put a can on it. I ordered it with the Surefire QD mount/muzzle brake. should i go with surefire or someone else? money isnt really a objecy i want quality. thanks guys
"A man is known by the silence he keeps. - Oliver Herford"
"Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Re: My OBR

Post by dtom29 »

Maybe it's just that I'm working 12hour midnight shifts, maybe it's just that I'm only getting 3 hours sleep everyday.....what's an OBR?
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

larue OBR - .308 AR platform rifle.
john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Post by john.t.little1 »

dtom29 wrote:Maybe it's just that I'm working 12hour midnight shifts, maybe it's just that I'm only getting 3 hours sleep everyday.....what's an OBR?
Feel you on the no sleep thing I'm in Afghanistan right now 14 hour shifts in 120+ heat it gets to you. but its a Larue Tactical OBR "Optimized Battle Rifle" 18" barrel.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

john.t.little1 wrote:My OBR just got to the house and want to put a can on it. I ordered it with the Surefire QD mount/muzzle brake. should i go with surefire or someone else? money isnt really a objecy i want quality. thanks guys
Beins your rifle is already set for the SF, go with it and let us know what you think! Make sure to check alignment as I don`t trust anyones threadjobs. :wink:

If money isn`t a problem, buy more guns and cans. Let us know what you think!

SF does have a proven minimal poi. Never seen it myself though. Too many $ fer now.
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

You will love a SF can on that gun

Ive got 2 customers with 2 of rifles with 2 of those cans(theyre lawyers) and they love the zero to small amount POI shift and to me they dont sound that bad

The last time we went shooting he had the PredatAR and was shooting without the can to see how much POI shift he had at 750yds when he added the can his impact only moved about a foot to the right

The only down sides to them would be the price and that they dont come with an adapter
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Post by john.t.little1 »

I don't mind spending the extra money for a different QD mount. is surefire worth the $$?
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

I would say they are
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Post by john.t.little1 »

i was thinking of just getting a AAC sdn-6 and the QD mount.. thoughts?
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

Call LaRue and ask them their thoughts on AAC they dont recommend them and they can go into more detail about it. They recommend YHM over AAC
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

BLAKE2131 wrote:Call LaRue and ask them their thoughts on AAC they dont recommend them and they can go into more detail about it. They recommend YHM over AAC
YHM over AAC thats funny.
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

BLAKE2131 wrote:Call LaRue and ask them their thoughts on AAC they dont recommend them and they can go into more detail about it. They recommend YHM over AAC
I believe this might have more to do with LaRue as a company and AAC as a company, considering that LaRue defended someone against a lawsuit from AAC, and there is just bad blood in general between them, as best I understand it. I don't deal with either company much if I can help it, so I might be off-base on the finer details.

IMO: Yes Surefire is worth it. I like mine so much I bought another one just like it just to keep in the safe in case anything happens to the first that requires a trip to Surefire or replacement or something. They are awesome.
john.t.little1
Silent But Deadly

Post by john.t.little1 »

Guess ill just go with surefire than haha makes more sense already got the mount and all.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I had a buddy buy a surefire 308 can for his precision rifle and spend twice as much as other cans because he'd "heard" so much about surefire having almost no POI shift.

He had 6" shift at 100yrds. You're going to get some shift with any can. He could have spent a lot less money for a can of similar or better quality.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Davo5o wrote:I had a buddy buy a surefire 308 can for his precision rifle and spend twice as much as other cans because he'd "heard" so much about surefire having almost no POI shift.

He had 6" shift at 100yrds. You're going to get some shift with any can. He could have spent a lot less money for a can of similar or better quality.
Whats up with his threads? 6 " to me is a big RED flag!

If everything is nuts on strait, there should be no six inch, no matter the can thats on it.
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

^ could have been a number of things rifle didnt like the can, ammo, he sneezed when firing lol, etc

Everyone thinks a can will work with any ammo but in reality there are so many variables

The last time i shot an SF can it was on 3 OBRs and one AI 308 shooting Fed GM 168 and 175gr they all showed little to no POI shift when we shot 3 shots off then 3 shots on BUT we had some 308 subs from corbon that we ran through the AI with the SF on and the smallest group at 100yds was around 5" but we tried them in a 700 with a YHM 762ti and at 100yds they went in to just over a inch

Some people like pickles some dont same goes for guns
Blake
Liberty Suppressors