Anyone know anything about the SAS Reaper?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

LocoGringo

Anyone know anything about the SAS Reaper?

Post by LocoGringo »

I've got an Arbiter coming for my DPMS LR-308 and it can do double duty on my 6.8 SPC, but it's a bit long (9 inches) and will add a significant amount of length to the 6.8. I'm still waiting on the WONDERFUL ATF (sarcasm) to give me permission to possess what I already, technically, own. Long story short, I haven't even been able to test the Arbiter yet, but want to get a dedicated can for the 6.8. The Reaper looks like a great possibility, but I can't find any info on it. All I know about it is that it's 7 inches long, 1.5 inches in diameter, made of Titanium and costs $825 on Mile High Shooter Supply. I'd love to know how much it weighs and if there is a decibel reduction rating (even though I know they're kinda subjective) as well as any impressions from actual users. I've done a search and come up with nada on here. Anyone with any experience with this suppressor out there?
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone know anything about the SAS Reaper?

Post by eastern_hunter »

Unfortunately I haven't seen any data on the Reaper ... but can tell you that the Arbiter is one heck of a can! I've used mine with 6,8, .308 Win and 300 BLK with great success! You've picked a winner there!
rattler357

Post by rattler357 »

I've had one for about 3 months. I love it. It is 7 inches and 10 ozs. I use it on a 300 whisper and 308 Remington 700. I shoot the 308 without ear protection comfortably and it seems to tighten the groups slightly. I also highly recommend the T.A.B. suppressor covers as they do seem to cut down on the mirage induced by the heat coming off of the suppressor.
m4colt

Post by m4colt »

I just sent off the paperwork for a new reaper. 6 months of wasteful bliss. I do love my arbiter. It is a great can.
good judgement comes from experience......and most of that comes from bad judgement.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

I am truly surprised that the Arbiter does not have a broader following. Those of us that have them do seem to be very happy with them.

I can see that a 2" shorter version would be the cat's meow on a 300 BLK.
LocoGringo

Post by LocoGringo »

Necro-thread revival!

I ended up getting a Reaper and it's now a dedicated 6.8 SPC can that is fantastic. I've yet to try it on a .308, but I think I will soon.