Why I buy SWR silencers

Post your experiences here.
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Why I buy SWR silencers

Post by bikefreek »

The reason I will always choose SWR suppressors over their competitors is simple. They make an excellent product and they FULLY stand behind their products.

Case is point.... A while back I ordered a Spectre and just after it arrived at my dealer SWR released the Spectre2 After a quick call and chat with Gary Hughes he promptly agreed to upgrade the can to a 2nd generation model which I have been beyond happy with.

Now most recently my Trident9/SIG P226 started to suddenly (after 2500 rounds or so) start to show misalignment and a few recovered bullets showed rubbing. The misalignment was solved by simply re-indexing the LCD to another position. In talking with them again (without asking for it) they offered to send a brand new LCD to my doorstep free of charge.

Its rare to find this kind of support and backing from a company these days, but in dealing with SWR/Silencerco it seems to be a priority.

Kudos to the guys at SWR/Silencerco.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why I buy SWR silencers

Post by SRM »

I think AAC better step it up or....
medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

Yep. They replaced my Spectre II end cap for free even though the damage to it was absolutely my fault.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

If they were able to meet advertised timings I probably wouldn't have cancelled an order for a 9mm Octane and spent my money on an AAC TiRant.

Couldn't be happier with the TiRant.

Have no interest in the SWR stuff anymore. Just saying.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

continuity wrote:If they were able to meet advertised timings I probably wouldn't have cancelled an order for a 9mm Octane and spent my money on an AAC TiRant.

Yeah....and AAC has never missed a date or welched on a promise. Just sayin'. :roll:
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

continuity wrote:If they were able to meet advertised timings I probably wouldn't have cancelled an order for a 9mm Octane and spent my money on an AAC TiRant.

Your missing out man. I just filled out the paperwork on my Oct9HD and owning tirants as well...the SWR product is so well thought out and the machining so perfect I was speechless. I was really impressed with that can.

And to the OP, your right on track. I've said it many many times to try and get the point across pertaining to SWR/Sco CS, simply put...they don't F--k around.

They have the perfect business model. Build a product that people want and then stand behind it 110%. It's a simple idea yet so many other companies miss the mark.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Was this during the time they packed up shop and moved 1500 miles?
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

So instead of taking the time they needed and ensuring they have everything squared way with the new design (manufacturing techniques as well as logistical issues) you would rather they hurried the design and manufacturing to meet some abstract ESTIMATED delivery date?
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Fireman1291 wrote:

Your missing out man. I just filled out the paperwork on my Oct9HD and owning tirants as well...the SWR product is so well thought out and the machining so perfect I was speechless. I was really impressed with that can.

And to the OP, your right on track. I've said it many many times to try and get the point across pertaining to SWR/Sco CS, simply put...they don't F--k around.

They have the perfect business model. Build a product that people want and then stand behind it 110%. It's a simple idea yet so many other companies miss the mark.
Fireman1291 couldn't have said it better. SCo/SWR is BY FAR the best in the biz when it comes to innovation and CS. I have a few SCo suppressors and am currently waiting on the stamp for my Octane9 HD. You can go ahead and enjoy your TiRant as its a very nice suppressor. BUT, we'll be fuckin loving our Octane9's and other SCo/SWR products. Nuff said.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

How many AAC items are STILL not shipping vs. how many SWR items? The Ti-Rant had long since been on the market when you cancelled your in-production Octane. All SWR cans are readily found, whereas almost half of the cans advertised on AAC's website are nowhere to be found. SWR got my Octane HD2 to my dealer as soon as the forms cleared back when they first came out and sent an additional piston free of charge.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I buy a early Octane before they finish making and shipping then they move to Utah and make a new model. SWR upgraded it to a Octane II for free and in two weeks to my door and do this for everyone!

Henry says lifetime warranty means lifetime. They make good strong cans and great price. They set the standard.

I'm a huge fanboy. I want the Octane 45 sooooooo bad and will wait for it .
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Am a hearty believer in the quality and customer service of the SWR folks. I too ordered an Octane 9 before they were delivering and mine was updated. Has been a gem ... my only sorrow is that I didn't order two at the same time.

Am waiting for the Octane 45 as well. It takes as long as it takes. Will probably order another Octane 9HD then too.

Just good stuff!
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

A octane45 would be tits!

It would be great with a stainless blast baffle and the rest in titanium or it might be too heavy....
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Fireman1291 wrote:A octane45 would be tits!

It would be great with a stainless blast baffle and the rest in titanium or it might be too heavy....
The baffles are not that thick and heavy, Maybe TI tube but I want all SS core for cleaning in sonic cleaner, this is why the Octane is so great already and perfect for shooting lead. (more cleaning options and strong)

SS is still king. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

Post by prdubi »

I'm grateful for the Warlock II upgrade they offered.

It was amazing and it came back very very quickly from the warlock I to II.

Free stickers and goodies also.

Love the setup
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

bikefreek wrote:So instead of taking the time they needed and ensuring they have everything squared way with the new design (manufacturing techniques as well as logistical issues) you would rather they hurried the design and manufacturing to meet some abstract ESTIMATED delivery date?
Picked through responses to my post and will suck it up as good, better, or "meh" input... for the most part.

However, I'm gonna take YOU to task bikefreek. IMHO, one of the downfalls of our society is a seemingly increased penchant for accepting excuses for entities not doing what they say they will, when they say they will.

A physics professor offered to a class I was part of, that everyone could get an "A" on the impending exam if there was no time constraint. But there WAS. It had to be completed in the time frame advertised.

An extremely successful project manager I was attached to, had no interest in how much earth shatteringly better, or extraordinarily wonderful a project could be, if it didn't meet the timing deadline. The only acceptable excuse/reason for missing the agreed upon deadline was your signed death certificate.

In another phase of my life, when an efforts execution and timing failed, people died. I understand we're not talking about the same severity of thing, but the philosophy of making it happen when you say you will, remains.

I'm a patient person. Extremely so. Until you have $850 of my hard earned money and we end up 4-5 months past where my understandings that I would have... what I already PAID for, is vaporware. I don't care HOW wonderful it's gonna be.... when it becomes real. Don't tell me it's tangible if it's not. If I want to wait for perfection, I'll let you know. In this case, I wanted a high end, field practical, 9mm suppressor. Now I have one. It was supplied on the advertised time line.

You want my money, or to do business with me, and if you say you're gonna do it, MAKE IT HAPPEN. I'll do the same for you. If I sign up for it, or tell you I'll do something, I will, at the extreme end of everything holy, make it happen. My word means more to me, and those I give it to, than an incremental "better".

Finally... Excuses/reasons for non performance are a dime a dozen. Getting good at making excuses is becoming an art. I prefer on timely execution of an effort.

[post final comment.] My best bud is awaiting delivery of a 9mm Octane. I'll do my best to post our non-emotional, non-professional, no technical equipment.... 9mm TiRant/Octane on Sig P226's, performance evaluation. (if he ever actually receives his Octane :lol: )

Disclaimer: My SSNcN disavows any input, or association with this post. (He is SUCH a pussie at times)

Carry on. Peace.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Your buddy is waiting on a octane9 now? Wonder if the problem is your dealer. They are in stocK at all the distributors.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

continuity wrote:
bikefreek wrote:So instead of taking the time they needed and ensuring they have everything squared way with the new design (manufacturing techniques as well as logistical issues) you would rather they hurried the design and manufacturing to meet some abstract ESTIMATED delivery date?
Picked through responses to my post and will suck it up as good, better, or "meh" input... for the most part.

However, I'm gonna take YOU to task bikefreek. IMHO, one of the downfalls of our society is a seemingly increased penchant for accepting excuses for entities not doing what they say they will, when they say they will.

A physics professor offered to a class I was part of, that everyone could get an "A" on the impending exam if there was no time constraint. But there WAS. It had to be completed in the time frame advertised.

An extremely successful project manager I was attached to, had no interest in how much earth shatteringly better, or extraordinarily wonderful a project could be, if it didn't meet the timing deadline. The only acceptable excuse/reason for missing the agreed upon deadline was your signed death certificate.

In another phase of my life, when an efforts execution and timing failed, people died. I understand we're not talking about the same severity of thing, but the philosophy of making it happen when you say you will, remains.

I'm a patient person. Extremely so. Until you have $850 of my hard earned money and we end up 4-5 months past where my understandings that I would have... what I already PAID for, is vaporware. I don't care HOW wonderful it's gonna be.... when it becomes real. Don't tell me it's tangible if it's not. If I want to wait for perfection, I'll let you know. In this case, I wanted a high end, field practical, 9mm suppressor. Now I have one. It was supplied on the advertised time line.

You want my money, or to do business with me, and if you say you're gonna do it, MAKE IT HAPPEN. I'll do the same for you. If I sign up for it, or tell you I'll do something, I will, at the extreme end of everything holy, make it happen. My word means more to me, and those I give it to, than an incremental "better".

Finally... Excuses/reasons for non performance are a dime a dozen. Getting good at making excuses is becoming an art. I prefer on timely execution of an effort.

[post final comment.] My best bud is awaiting delivery of a 9mm Octane. I'll do my best to post our non-emotional, non-professional, no technical equipment.... 9mm TiRant/Octane on Sig P226's, performance evaluation. (if he ever actually receives his Octane :lol: )

Disclaimer: My SSNcN disavows any input, or association with this post. (He is SUCH a pussie at times)

Carry on. Peace.
Wow, such hot wind. :roll:

The Octane was easy to get , got mine last year (approved and in hand in Dec) for just over $550 , saved me tax stamp money over the Ti-rant I was looking at and much more "practical" (like cleaning)!!!!(wow so easy to take down and clean over the other brands!) They upgraded everyone to Octane II for free! Who else does this?! and all SS core, so shooting lead 9mm/38spl,300BLK subs and dirty lead 22LR without guilt ) and at a much better price and REAL lifetime no BS warranty AND with free upgrade? ) Only people I know who ever did a free total upgrade was SWR.

They ARE *THE* STANDARD!

So now I need a 45 can,,,Sure, AAC makes a nice Ti-rant 45 can but I rather wait a YEAR or more for the sweetness of a SWR Octane 45 and what it bring!

No brainer.

So glad not to make the same mistake. Sorry for your loss. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

continuity wrote:

Carry on. Peace.
Well if you are done "taking me to task" Id like to ask if you always get so butt hurt when things dont go perfectly your way? Your hissy fit over the delayed delivery of a new product (that no one else seems to have trouble acquiring) reminds me a great deal of a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum in the toy aisle of a department store.

I hope you enjoy your AAC can, I just hope one day you will pull it out of your ass and use it for what it was designed for (assuming that stick up your ass is in fact your Tirant)....
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Good grief guys ... let's calm down. Different folks have different tolerance levels for delay and different reasons for those tolerance levels.

(Speaking as a retire manager of project managers ... we will not have the same basic rules of thumb for a successful implementation here! Just not gonna happen in real life.)

Cheers to all!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

eastern_hunter wrote:Good grief guys ... let's calm down. Different folks have different tolerance levels for delay and different reasons for those tolerance levels.

(Speaking as a retire manager of project managers ... we will not have the same basic rules of thumb for a successful implementation here! Just not gonna happen in real life.)

Cheers to all!
i think this is call party pooping. :mrgreen: :P :mrgreen:
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

They fixed my 45ACP after I did something unexpected to it. You can't beat that.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Guess I did get a little wound up. (Sheepish grin)

I'm happy with my TiRant. Those of you with your Octane's are happy. Doesn't get any better than that.

Peace.
BIG_GUNNUT

Post by BIG_GUNNUT »

As long as you're happy, that is all that matters. :D
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Just to keep the thread alive... my best bud's Octane is at our suppressor day care center awaiting the paperwork to... set...it ...free. At least his sig's 226 barrel, with I will add, the correct threading, arrived before the gummit transfer paperwork made it.

He has actually fondled, and looked through his, so close, yet soooo far away, Octane9. I feel sorry for him every time we leave the prison. Then we go shoot HIS subsonic reloads through my AAC TiRant9 system(s). It's sorta like the you can dance with her, but I'm taking her home thing. Poor guy.

BTW, I just oiled her down... and screwed her... back on mah 5" barreled AR. SUCH a sexy bitch.

Jeeesh, I love this TiRant.