Why I buy SWR silencers

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Why I buy SWR silencers

Post by M-60 »

My Osprey 45 is sitting at my dealer right now. I sent my heavily used Warlock to them for the upgrade, and they messed the tube up when taking it apart. They sent me an Osprey 45 for my time and trouble. That is fantastic customer service. I will probably buy nothing but SWR/SilencerCo products from here on out. I don't care if they aren't the absolute quietest/lightest/super coolest/whatever out there, their customer service has made me a customer for life.

I have since replaced my Warlock with a Warlock II and am just waiting on the .Gov...

Looking at maybe a Octane 45 next, then a saker, then a sparrow then a... you get the idea...
"Superb photos, the best I've ever seen!" ~ Oleg "Peacemonger" Volk
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Second Octane 9HD2 paid for and awaiting Form 5 to get it to my dealer. Have committed to two Octane 45s. Adapters or pistons acquired. Barrels all ready to go. The long wait begins.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

My Trident 9's SWR-made LID booster device quit/ shat the bed. Sent it to SCo, and had a new one in less than a week. Looking real, real hard at the Octane HD.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

I just picked up my Octane9 HD from the dealer yesterday. I'm amazed at how clean and exact all the machining is. Range trip tomorrow.
Theohazard
Silent Operator

Post by Theohazard »

I work at a dealer. I called SWR and asked if they could include an employee-priced Octane 9 in our next order. They said the guy who could approve that was out, but they said he'd send me an email. Next thing I know, I've got an email asking me which pistons and mounts I want included with my employee can.

I'm impressed with this level of service, especially considering how busy they are right now.
0331: "Accuracy by volume."
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

Paperwork in the mail today for an Opsprey 45 and a Warlock II... I'm now looking for a .45 pistol...
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

I feel sorry for y'all, my suppressor day care or jail as you call it allows me to come by almost whenever and shoot it among other machine guns and NFA toys as long as I bring my own ammo! It was so nice to shoot it first then with a huge grin on my face fill out the paperwork and drive home!
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
-Han
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

M-60 wrote:I will probably buy nothing but SWR/SilencerCo products from here on out. I don't care if they aren't the absolute quietest/lightest/super coolest/whatever out there, their customer service has made me a customer for life.
See, This is something I could never understand. Just because SWR/Silencerco has great products/customer service, that isn't a reason to disregard all the other manufacturers that also have great products/customer service. I have seven silencers from 6 different companies. I would deal with all of them again because they all have something worth buying. I'll add that one of the silencers is too heavy and I wouldn't buy it again but the manufacturer is great to deal with. I think you miss out by becoming an exclusive fanboy.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

I do understand the suggestion that it is appropriate that one look to designs other than those by SWR. I also believe that given an excellent design and their GREAT customer service they are worth a good look for other cans.

Am simply tickled with my Octane 9HD. So another is in process. The last chambering I was looking to suppress is the 45 ACP. Given the very successful experience with the Octane 9s ... there are now two Octane 45s in NFA Day Care for me.

Good design and great customer service deserves customer loyalty.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

They make it so easy to be a fanboy from what they make and what they do.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

dtom29 wrote:Just because SWR/Silencerco has great products/customer service, that isn't a reason to disregard all the other manufacturers that also have great products/customer service. I have seven silencers from 6 different companies. I would deal with all of them again because they all have something worth buying. I'll add that one of the silencers is too heavy and I wouldn't buy it again but the manufacturer is great to deal with. I think you miss out by becoming an exclusive fanboy.
I'm with you, but that being said... SWR is probably at the top of my list. That doesn't mean I won't still purchase from other mfg's, it just means that I think SWR's combination of product, performance, quality, and CS is at the top of the heap.
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

M-60 wrote:Paperwork in the mail today for an Opsprey 45 and a Warlock II... I'm now looking for a .45 pistol...
...and I just picked up a HK USP 45 Tactical...
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

M-60 wrote:
M-60 wrote:Paperwork in the mail today for an Opsprey 45 and a Warlock II... I'm now looking for a .45 pistol...

Great choice :) You won't be disappointed
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

D9M9TR9S wrote:
M-60 wrote:

Great choice :) You won't be disappointed
... and it's coming from Georgia... Coincidence?
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Great choice :) You won't be disappointed[/quote]

... and it's coming from Georgia... Coincidence?[/quote]

:) Yes, but still a great choice from a great state
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

bikefreek wrote:
continuity wrote:If they were able to meet advertised timings I probably wouldn't have cancelled an order for a 9mm Octane and spent my money on an AAC TiRant.

Couldn't be happier with the TiRant.

Have no interest in the SWR stuff anymore. Just saying.
So instead of taking the time they needed and ensuring they have everything squared way with the new design (manufacturing techniques as well as logistical issues) you would rather they hurried the design and manufacturing to meet some abstract ESTIMATED delivery date?
I'm in high-tech. I can say without any shadow of a doubt that a plurality if not majority of companies out there ship faulty product out the door just to meet timelines. They try to lock the customer in and fix/replace later. I just fixed my two year old TV last week, given the cheap parts in my 50" flatscreen, I'll probably have to do it again in two years. I'd hate to be wondering if my firearms related device is a ticking time bomb because someone rushed it out the door.

I personally am very glad SWR takes their time. It takes a lot of discipline as a business to do that because you aren't collecting revenue to pay the bills keep the lights on.
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

... and here it is...
jmhallrn

Post by jmhallrn »

Sweet pistol! I think your mags may have feeding issues, though. :D
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

jmhallrn wrote:Sweet pistol! I think your mags may have feeding issues, though. :D
NO COMPRIMISE!!!

:D
DW76

Post by DW76 »

Nice. official HK SOP.Image
driftpin

Post by driftpin »

That is funny as hell , I've never seen that before. Don't tell me that those made it out, en masse, to the public did they? :lol:
Shamrock-MP
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shamrock-MP »

I highly recommend SWR to anyone getting into the show because they do make a quality product and they do back it up. A good friend got a Spectre II on my recommendation. He had an end cap strike on the first time out, very traumatizing. He called and the rapair was done immediately. The cause was a poorly machined adapter from Tactical Innovations but no fuss from SWR, just "send it back and let us fix it." I have gotten equally excellent service from Liberty...

Now to the recent Octane 45/Osprey 45 side by side comparison(fired same weapon same ammo). AWESOME! Both cans performed beyond expectation. Both had an advantage over the other but they were so close I still cannot decide which one I will add to my collection, first. The Osprey had a noticeable but by no means loud first round pop, but after that it settled to be a little quieter than the Octane. The Octane was completely steady from first to last round and though a little louder, the pitch was duller and more enjoyable to my ear. The other shooters had different opinions, the argument continues. I believe the performance is so close that it is not the determining factor in deciding between these two cans. So many choices... Oh, and the FDE Octane matches nicely with the FDE FNX 45.

If you've spent more time posting than shooting recently, pack up your gear and GO!
Form4
Suppressors and Firearms
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(502)671-9799
www.form4.org
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

Post by prdubi »

I trust them.

Others.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

continuity wrote:If they were able to meet advertised timings I probably wouldn't have cancelled an order for a 9mm Octane and spent my money on an AAC TiRant.

Most companies would rather ship out crappy product than miss marketing deadlines. I've watched people sign release waivers on products they knew were broken. Their motto is "lock in the sale, worry about it later".

I would much rather wait knowing I had a quality product than deal with crap that should be in the trashcan.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

wacki wrote:

Most companies would rather ship out crappy product than miss marketing deadlines. I've watched people sign release waivers on products they knew were broken. Their motto is "lock in the sale, worry about it later".

I would much rather wait knowing I had a quality product than deal with crap that should be in the trashcan.
Since you decided to wade in... my perspective.

I worked for one of the 3 top EPC companies in the world as an enginering manager. It was a given that our product was the absolute best when delivered. The triad... cost (how much you were gonna pay), scope (deliverable product), and schedule (when it was going to be delivered), was set in stone once agreement on those three elements was reached. Woe be it to the group that didn't make it happen.

This is how top shelf businesses are run. You do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it, and if you want to be the best there is, that's what you deliver.

I lived the life of executing the best product, on time, at the advertised cost. It's not easy. As a matter of fact, if you're looking to be the best, it's down right f*cking hard. But if you want it bad enough... you make it the F*ck HAPPEN. The pressures associated with such a life burned me out. That's why I'm doing what I do now... much less pressure :mrgreen:

Excuses are for the weak. You want to excuse non-performance, that's your call. I'll do business with a group that has an above average product, that provides that product on an advertised cost/timeline everytime.

My 9mm TiRant is an excellent example of advertised performance, and it was available. It's performance is not only field functional, but ranks on the "coolest suppressor available charts" as "the" top performer. When SWR failed to make delivery dates, I went with a TiRant. By best bud suffered through the wait time for a SWR Octane. In a comparison, we can't detect any operational performance difference. Only thing was, I had mine a year before he got his... with comparable "purchase" timing.

Suck on it.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick