SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Suppressor for 308 bolt gun.
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm
Posts: 270
Location: Target Rich Environment, South Florida
While waiting for Noveske to release a 21in N6 upper, and AAC to sell civies a SCAR-HD, I have purchased a Remmy 700 "milspec" 5R in .308, and I wish to suppress it. I probably won't get an N6/SCAR-HD in this life.

I am partial to the AAC Cyclone thread on can for a bolt action rifle.
www.silencerresearch.com says this is a great silencer.
Any others out there to consider?

_________________
Regards,

Jorge


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 pm 
Offline
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 am
Posts: 6221
Cyclone is tops for a thread-on can for your application. 762-SD is also spectacular if you want the QD option. You won't regret getting either.

_________________
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 9:57 am
Posts: 1780
Location: The Lone Star State
300-SD. Probably the quietest can out there. If you bought a 5-R Remington, you might as well spend the money and get the 300-SD.
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Machine gun snob by proxy.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:33 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 750
-Cyclone-

_________________
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 1308
If you really want a SCAR-H I think I saw one in the for sale section, cant recall if it was new or not. But you should be able to get additional mounts from the Major too.

edit:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57526


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 2:59 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Kansas
I wasn't aware that the 300-SD was shipping... Is it already out in the civy market?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm
Posts: 270
Location: Target Rich Environment, South Florida
Theutus wrote:
I wasn't aware that the 300-SD was shipping... Is it already out in the civy market?


Same here.

_________________
Regards,

Jorge


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:14 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:26 pm
Posts: 1266
Location: Las Vegas, NV
My Cyclone simply ROCKS :P

However, the new 300-SD looks pretty amazing!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 pm 
Offline
Senior Silent Operator

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 147
300-SD is not out and there is no release date for it thats been announced.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:25 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 1143
Location: Missouri
I have not heard any others than mine, so I cannot say what works best, however I do enjoy my Sandstorm on my remington.

_________________
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:17 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 982
Location: nePA
DustyJacket wrote:
I have not heard any others than mine, so I cannot say what works best, however I do enjoy my Sandstorm on my remington.


Good to hear...I have one coming!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:26 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm
Posts: 270
Location: Target Rich Environment, South Florida
Ops Inc 3rd model allegedly has 40db reduction!

Is this for real?

Edit Insert for reading thr fine print post-facto: sound levels measured 96 FEET in front of suppressor

Still are they any good?

_________________
Regards,

Jorge


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 549
mp5 wrote:
Ops Inc 3rd model allegedly has 40db reduction!

Is this for real?

Edit Insert for reading thr fine print post-facto: sound levels measured 96 FEET in front of suppressor

Still are they any good?


Have a look here>

http://www.eliteiron.net/

Paul

_________________
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:43 pm 
Offline
Elite Member

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm
Posts: 270
Location: Target Rich Environment, South Florida
700PSS wrote:
Cyclone is tops for a thread-on can for your application. 762-SD is also spectacular if you want the QD option. You won't regret getting either.


Re: Accuracy of Thread-on vs. QD-equipped barrels

Is there any difference in accuracy between a threaded barrel with a thread protector and one with a QD adapter WHEN NOT USING THE CAN?

I mean we all know the crown of a barrel is sacrosanct, but if you then attach an adapter the bullet is pushing off the irregular surface presented by the adapter, not that crown we have all been trained to guard at all costs.

I haven't a precision rifle to evaluate this yet, and I am looking at an AAC 300-SD with a Brake QD adapter in the near future ( I hope AAC cooperates.)

_________________
Regards,

Jorge


Last edited by mp5 on Sat May 08, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:42 pm 
Offline
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 am
Posts: 6221
mp5 wrote:
700PSS wrote:
Cyclone is tops for a thread-on can for your application. 762-SD is also spectacular if you want the QD option. You won't regret getting either.


Re: Accuracy of Thread-on vs. QD-equipped barrels

Is there any difference in accuracy between a threaded barrel with a thread protector and one with a QD adapter WHEN NOT USING THE CAN?

I mean we all know the crown of a barrel is sacrosanct, but if you then attach an adapter the bullet is pushing off the irregular surface presented by the adapter, not that crown we have all been trained to guard at all costs.

I haven't a precision rifle to evaluate this yet, and I am looking at an AAC 300-SD with a Brake QD adapter in the near future ( I hope AAC cooperates.)


No, there is not a difference in accuracy or any adverse effect by having an adapter attached. The bullet does not make contact with the adapter and if threaded concentric to the bore (the ONLY way), there will be no uneven pressure from the proximity of the bullet to either the adapter or the bore of the silencer.

_________________
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:12 am 
Offline
Silencertalk Goon Squad
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:16 am
Posts: 6637
Location: KY
mp5 wrote:
Ops Inc 3rd model allegedly has 40db reduction!

Is this for real?

Edit Insert for reading thr fine print post-facto: sound levels measured 96 FEET in front of suppressor

Still are they any good?


WTF?

_________________
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 PhpBB Group