Suppressor for 308 bolt gun.

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mp5
Elite Member

Suppressor for 308 bolt gun.

Post by mp5 »

While waiting for Noveske to release a 21in N6 upper, and AAC to sell civies a SCAR-HD, I have purchased a Remmy 700 "milspec" 5R in .308, and I wish to suppress it. I probably won't get an N6/SCAR-HD in this life.

I am partial to the AAC Cyclone thread on can for a bolt action rifle.
www.silencerresearch.com says this is a great silencer.
Any others out there to consider?
Regards,

Jorge
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Cyclone is tops for a thread-on can for your application. 762-SD is also spectacular if you want the QD option. You won't regret getting either.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

300-SD. Probably the quietest can out there. If you bought a 5-R Remington, you might as well spend the money and get the 300-SD.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

-Cyclone-
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

If you really want a SCAR-H I think I saw one in the for sale section, cant recall if it was new or not. But you should be able to get additional mounts from the Major too.

edit:
viewtopic.php?t=57526
Theutus

Post by Theutus »

I wasn't aware that the 300-SD was shipping... Is it already out in the civy market?
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

Theutus wrote:I wasn't aware that the 300-SD was shipping... Is it already out in the civy market?
Same here.
Regards,

Jorge
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Post by BriggsRi »

My Cyclone simply ROCKS :P

However, the new 300-SD looks pretty amazing!!!
texas_archer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by texas_archer »

300-SD is not out and there is no release date for it thats been announced.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

I have not heard any others than mine, so I cannot say what works best, however I do enjoy my Sandstorm on my remington.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

DustyJacket wrote:I have not heard any others than mine, so I cannot say what works best, however I do enjoy my Sandstorm on my remington.
Good to hear...I have one coming!
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

Ops Inc 3rd model allegedly has 40db reduction!

Is this for real?

Edit Insert for reading thr fine print post-facto: sound levels measured 96 FEET in front of suppressor

Still are they any good?
Regards,

Jorge
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

mp5 wrote:Ops Inc 3rd model allegedly has 40db reduction!

Is this for real?

Edit Insert for reading thr fine print post-facto: sound levels measured 96 FEET in front of suppressor

Still are they any good?
Have a look here>

http://www.eliteiron.net/

Paul
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

700PSS wrote:Cyclone is tops for a thread-on can for your application. 762-SD is also spectacular if you want the QD option. You won't regret getting either.
Re: Accuracy of Thread-on vs. QD-equipped barrels

Is there any difference in accuracy between a threaded barrel with a thread protector and one with a QD adapter WHEN NOT USING THE CAN?

I mean we all know the crown of a barrel is sacrosanct, but if you then attach an adapter the bullet is pushing off the irregular surface presented by the adapter, not that crown we have all been trained to guard at all costs.

I haven't a precision rifle to evaluate this yet, and I am looking at an AAC 300-SD with a Brake QD adapter in the near future ( I hope AAC cooperates.)
Last edited by mp5 on Sat May 08, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Jorge
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

mp5 wrote:
700PSS wrote:Cyclone is tops for a thread-on can for your application. 762-SD is also spectacular if you want the QD option. You won't regret getting either.
Re: Accuracy of Thread-on vs. QD-equipped barrels

Is there any difference in accuracy between a threaded barrel with a thread protector and one with a QD adapter WHEN NOT USING THE CAN?

I mean we all know the crown of a barrel is sacrosanct, but if you then attach an adapter the bullet is pushing off the irregular surface presented by the adapter, not that crown we have all been trained to guard at all costs.

I haven't a precision rifle to evaluate this yet, and I am looking at an AAC 300-SD with a Brake QD adapter in the near future ( I hope AAC cooperates.)
No, there is not a difference in accuracy or any adverse effect by having an adapter attached. The bullet does not make contact with the adapter and if threaded concentric to the bore (the ONLY way), there will be no uneven pressure from the proximity of the bullet to either the adapter or the bore of the silencer.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

mp5 wrote:Ops Inc 3rd model allegedly has 40db reduction!

Is this for real?

Still are they any good?
WTF?
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!