Group buy: new SilencerCo low profile 3-lug mount

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

db0

Group buy: new SilencerCo low profile 3-lug mount

Post by db0 »

I'm considering organizing a one-time group buy of the new SilencerCo 3-lug mount if I get enough people to participate that will allow me to negotiate a significant price break. I have seen these mounts go as low as $100, so I am not planning to move forward with this group buy unless I can negotiate a significantly lower price than that. Anything close to this price would negate the effort I am putting into this group buy.

Pricing will be based on how many people respond. Over the last 2 days on other sites I have so far received 43 responses, so I think I will be able to get a large enough group to get us a good discount. US shipping address and PayPal will be required to participate.

I am posting this on multiple sites, so please do not respond here also if you have already expressed interest. Once I have a count of total people interested I will share what pricing I am able to negotiate and then people can decide to participate or not.

Please reply to this post with the number of mounts you are interested in. Details of the group buy plan and rules are located just below the pictures.

The mount is 2.1mm shorter than the Rugged 3-lug mount.

Proposed group buy rules & plan:

Specific Plan:
1. Wait until 9/15 to allow people to respond to this post, and posts on other sites so I have an accurate count of people that are serious about participating.

2. Once I have an estimated order size, I will source quotes from multiple dealers.

3. Once the pricing is set, I will share the negotiated prices(and round up by like $1), the minimum order size to get a price discount, and the estimated date the dealer would have enough stock to fulfil our order. I would give everyone 2 weeks to send payment and set a specific deadline (tentatively 11:00pm PT on October 7th). Refunds can be issued on request up until the minute before the deadline.

4. If we meet or pass the minimum order size required to get the discount pricing, then orders will be locked in and refunds will not be allowed starting at the exact time of the deadline (tentatively 11:00pm PT on October 7th).

- If we don’t meet the minimum at the deadline but we are close, then refunds will be frozen for exactly 3 days to see if we can meet the minimum. If we fail to meet the minimum after that time then refunds will be issued to everyone and the group buy is dead.
- If we are not anywhere close to the minimum number of payments required on the deadline, then refunds will be issued within the next day or so.

6. I place an order with the dealer within 2-3 days of the deadline.

7. Order is delivered to me and I spend a day or two printing up USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation labels. (People can choose to add on insurance, etc if they want to pay for it.)

8. I will send out tracking numbers the day they are mailed.

9. I will capture shipping label, tracking number, confirmation of package acceptance by USPS (and video of me doing this... i wont bore you with the details, but it will be irrefutable evidence).

10. In the event of any shipping issues you would need to address them directly with USPS. I will provide evidence to you in the event that you file a claim with the USPS.

11. In the event of any product issues with your mount you would need to contact SilencerCo directly. As stated above, there are no situations where a refund will be provided once we cross the threshold for the minimum order size on the deadline mentioned in step 4.

I am estimating people would receive packages in the 3rd or 4th week of October, assuming our dealer has the mounts in stock to accommodate the time line I outlined above.
Swift516

Re: Group buy: new SilencerCo low profile 3-lug mount

Post by Swift516 »

Id be in. What suppressor are you planning on...? Octane?
db0

Post by db0 »

Swift516 wrote:Id be in. What suppressor are you planning on...? Octane?
Octane series, Omega K series, and Hybrid
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

did you post a poll on one of the facebook group pages? I put in for one under one of the subgun pages.
db0

Post by db0 »

thecameraman79 wrote:did you post a poll on one of the facebook group pages? I put in for one under one of the subgun pages.
Yep. Mp5 Enthusiasts group.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

Roger I put in my vote then there. Thanks for doing this.
db0 wrote:
thecameraman79 wrote:did you post a poll on one of the facebook group pages? I put in for one under one of the subgun pages.
Yep. Mp5 Enthusiasts group.
db0

Post by db0 »

Unfortunately I am unable to source a price that makes it worth the time to organize a group buy. I have a feeling the current market is part of the problem, in addition to this product already being a good seller.
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

I found it to be very loud on the Omega 9K because it displaces blast chamber volume. I sold mine. I have heard that the longer Gen 1 version does not have this problem.
Chase

suppressortools.com