JT 1022 drop-in bolt lock kits

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

nashoba
Silent Operator

JT 1022 drop-in bolt lock kits

Post by nashoba »

I have some drop-in kits and SSS upgrades in stock...email me at [email protected]
Cj Two A
Silent But Deadly

Post by Cj Two A »

Just figured I'd throw a review of this in here. This bolt lock is great, it turns your 10/22 into a single shot. I installed mine, I havent had a single problem, and its worked great so far. Easy to install, there is a great installation video and review over at silencerresearch: http://www.silencerresearch.com/jg_bolt_lock.htm
nashoba
Silent Operator

THANKS CJ

Post by nashoba »

they are made to outlast the rifle! We have never had a customer break a lock,but you MUST have the upgrade if you use anything but standard or subs
Deoje
Silent Operator

Post by Deoje »

How much?
Deoje
Silent Operator

Post by Deoje »

How much?
nashoba
Silent Operator

jt bolt lock kits

Post by nashoba »

$60.00 plus $8.00 for basic kit....SSS upgrade $25.00
robrob
Silent Operator

Post by robrob »

I want to chime in as a satisfied JG Bolt Lock customer and user. I went with the upgrade (+ $20) so I can shoot all .22 ammo. I installed two of them--one in an older blued 10/22 and a new stainless. The blued rifle installed without problem, but the stainless has the new style hammer with built-in bushings. Surprisingly another brand new blued 10/22 had the same stainless hammer.

The hammer must have removable bushings so you can install the JG bushing on the left side of the hammer. I bought a Volquartsen 2 1/2 pound hammer ($40 from Midway) to make the JG Bolt Lock work in the newer 10/22.

If your 10/22's hammer has two removable bushings you are good to go but it seems the newer 10/22s have the bushings built in and don't fit the JG Bolt Lock.

The JG Bolt Lock replaces the standard bolt lock and extends the bolt lock tab near the magazine latch. By pulling the bolt lock tab rearward and down it locks the bolt in the forward position.

I can now with the flick of a switch turn my semi-auto Ruger 10/22 into a quieter single shot.

Rob
dragoon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dragoon »

Will these work with the Tactical Solutions X-Ring receiver , and Volquartsen Match trigger lower unit ?
nashoba
Silent Operator

JT bolt lock

Post by nashoba »

It won't work with the volqartsen I've been told because it has a torsion spring in the trigger group,it was designed to work in Ruger factory trigger groups or TG's that use the 2 bushings on the hammer.As far as a the Tactical reciever or any other reciever it shouldn't matter...the trigger group is what counts.The other thing is chamfered bolts..will work with some..others require minor fitting.I dropped a rimfiretech black pakerized bolt in my SSS built and it locks perfect but extraction isn't real good with the emty brass,,,nothing a kidd or volquartsen extrctor won't fix...
Rou
Silent Operator

Re: JT bolt lock

Post by Rou »

nashoba wrote:It won't work with the volqartsen I've been told because it has a torsion spring in the trigger group,it was designed to work in Ruger factory trigger groups or TG's that use the 2 bushings on the hammer.As far as a the Tactical reciever or any other reciever it shouldn't matter...the trigger group is what counts.The other thing is chamfered bolts..will work with some..others require minor fitting.I dropped a rimfiretech black pakerized bolt in my SSS built and it locks perfect but extraction isn't real good with the emty brass,,,nothing a kidd or volquartsen extrctor won't fix...
Is it still the case that the Volquartsen trigger doesn't work with these? Just wondering if there was confirmation on that from someone who has tried it
nashoba
Silent Operator

JT bolt lock

Post by nashoba »

There is a guy on rimfirecentral who can do the mod and make it work AND make your volquartsen sweeter at the same time..his name is skeeter...look him up and tell him I sent you
Rou
Silent Operator

Post by Rou »

@nashoba- Thanks brother man! Now all I need is the JT bolt lock :D
nashoba
Silent Operator

JT bolt lock

Post by nashoba »

email me at [email protected] I've been slow returning emails because of work...they are out of stock at the moment but I can put you on the list for the next run
JR1572
Silent Operator

Re: JT 1022 drop-in bolt lock kits

Post by JR1572 »

Any eta on the next batch?

Thanks,

JR1572
rockriversbr

Post by rockriversbr »

I want one of the SSS upgrades. I will send you an email. I have emailed in the past. I have wanted one of these for sometime.
JR1572
Silent Operator

Post by JR1572 »

Any updates?

JR1572
JR1572
Silent Operator

Post by JR1572 »

I guess this is never going to happen?

JR1572
zakmatthews

Post by zakmatthews »

I too would be interested.
JR1572
Silent Operator

Post by JR1572 »

Email sent. Again.

JR1572
zakmatthews

Post by zakmatthews »

JR1572, check this product out, which I found when searching for other options: http://www.colossic.com/defenseproduct.html
JR1572
Silent Operator

Post by JR1572 »

Has anyone else received emails from JT?

JR1572
Max Stryker

Post by Max Stryker »

Yes I Have - Just Recently this July 2013 !!!
I bought one of the original JG Bolt locks at the Spring 2007 Machine Gun Shoot at Knob Creek. It worked like a charm on my integrally suppressed 1022.
Our business since transferred that weapon out on a Form 3.
Just received Tom's Generation II "Ballistic Bolt Lock."
Better! Very well machined. Dropped right in to the trigger group. No mod reqd. Handles ALL standard velocity ammo but HYPER velocity.
but Who Is running Hyper with a suppressor? Kinda defeats the purpose - don't ya think?
The kit's got nice black oxiding - I believe my Gen I JG kit was blued. So now I have both Semi & Single shot. And that Single shot mode is locked down tight - Cleaner action.
Reach out to him, He is shipping now. When I ordered (received in 5 days) he told me his production runs are occurring in bursts of 50 qty with fair amount of time in between. I'm tempted to buy another before his current inventory is gone. I believe Tom's on this forum as nashoba or Tom W. Search under Ballistic Bolt Lock (Gen 2) or JG or JT (Gen1)