Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

My new website

Post by Ron Dishop Silencers »

Just got my website up and running you-all come check it out now hear :lol:
http://rdsilencers.com/
Thanks
Ron
Last edited by Ron Dishop Silencers on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
Email: [email protected]
FFL / SOT
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: My new website

Post by rogerme »

What exactly is a "NFA class 3 item"? I got a few NFA items Is NFA class three like two steps up or down from regular NFA items or is this something like the Mass carry permit system?

I have to ask what is with that monocore? Drill 7 holes across and one through that's it? There is a lot of metal left there you could remove that would undoubtedly improve the performance.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Who did your testing that showed that monocore giving it 35-40dB of reduction? You know an industry leading AAC Element is only reducing the dB's by 41; I think maybe your meter is not functioning correctly.

I hope you are using a stainless steel insert for the threads, would hate to put a non anodize aluminum thread onto a steel barrel.

Its pretty close to patent # 8104570 as well might want to rework it so you aren't violating the patent.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Your ownership page has alot of misinformation on it as well.

"How long will my suppressor last?
Ron Dishop Suppressors are made of premium materials that are made right here in the United States the materials we use are very strong and will last a long time because there are no moving parts to wear out."

You are right there are no moving parts but ALL suppressors wear out, ESPECIALLY raw aluminum suppressors. Erosion is what kills most silencers.
Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

Bendersquint wrote:Who did your testing that showed that monocore giving it 35-40dB of reduction? You know an industry leading AAC Element is only reducing the dB's by 41; I think maybe your meter is not functioning correctly.
Its pretty close to patent # 8104570 as well might want to rework it so you aren't violating the patent.
That has been removed until I can have a test redone with another meter.
There have been several changes to avoid any patent violations
I thank you for the concern and for bringing the misinformation to my attention.
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
FFL / SOT
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

Might want to run everything through a spell check as well.. the front page is filled with errors (silncer, quit (instead of quiet), etc)
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

kapkanimd wrote:Might want to run everything through a spell check as well.. the front page is filled with errors (silncer, quit (instead of quiet), etc)
In the last 2 day I’ve had to go back into it 5 times and do changes, I caught my daughter boyfriend going into it and changing the spelling, photos contact info .it’s pw protected now.
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
FFL / SOT
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Sorry to hear that your website was messed up by your daughter's boyfriend. I look forward to the correct photo's of your core.

Some other things noticed on your site.....

"We tested the 875 Slim on the S&W M&P 15-22 below and to our surprise there was never a first round pop; the Bolt Action Slamming was loader than the guns report."

There is no such thing as a BOLT ACTION SLAMMING on the M&P15-22, it is a semi-auto rifle.

"To legally purchase a silencer or any item falling under the purview of the NFA, you must be at least 21 years of age"

Incorrect, anyone 18 years and older can own NFA items. To legally purchase from a dealer/manufacturer you must be 21 but someone can buy one from a non-dealer at age 18 and can make their own at age 18 as well. You have it also multiple times elsewhere in that you have to be 21 years old for requirements.

"Once the paper work is submitted, it normally takes 60 to 120 days to receive the approved, stamped paperwork from NFA Branch."

It hasn't been that quick of an approval time in at least the last 5 or more years. That is very misleading.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

5 years?

I had at least 3 transfers takes less than 10 weeks less than 3 years ago.

Be a hater all you want but don't fight exaggeration with exaggeration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

Bendersquint wrote:Some other things noticed on your site.....
There is no such thing as a BOLT ACTION SLAMMING on the M&P15-22, it is a semi-auto rifle.
True the M&P 15-22 is a semi-auto and it does have a bolt, I just word it wrong it now say Bolt Cycling
"To legally purchase a silencer or any item falling under the purview of the NFA, you must be at least 21 years of age"
Incorrect, anyone 18 years and older can own NFA items. To legally purchase from a dealer/manufacturer you must be 21 but someone can buy one from a non-dealer at age 18 and can make their own at age 18 as well
I ask the NFA branch about the age and was told no-one under 21 could buy ,own or make any NFA item, NFA branch # 304-616-4500if any-one cares to check

"Once the paper work is submitted, it normally takes 60 to 120 days to receive the approved, stamped paperwork from NFA Branch, That is very misleading Yes & No according to ATF web site I am correct but in all reality it can take from 5-6 months: I have added the 5-6 month. Let it be known I Do appreciate it when some -one brings any mistakes I’m making to my attention while I'm trying to build up my site.Thanks again Ron
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
FFL / SOT
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

doubloon wrote:5 years?

I had at least 3 transfers takes less than 10 weeks less than 3 years ago.

Be a hater all you want but don't fight exaggeration with exaggeration.
Not a hater at all, I haven't experienced a 120 day transfer in the last 5 years.

Even if that was exaggerated it still hasn't been 60-120 for quite awhile.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Have any free demo models? :D
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Ron Dishop Silencers wrote: I ask the NFA branch about the age and was told no-one under 21 could buy ,own or make any NFA item, NFA branch # 304-616-4500if any-one cares to check[/color]
Well whom ever you spoke to was wrong. I bought my first suppressor the day after my 18th birthday from another person. It took 28 days to be approved. FYI my grandson who is co owner of my trust just turned 4 today so technically he owns all my toys with me. If the rest of the co owners die off he owns the lot by himself.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rogerme wrote:
Ron Dishop Silencers wrote: I ask the NFA branch about the age and was told no-one under 21 could buy ,own or make any NFA item, NFA branch # 304-616-4500if any-one cares to check[/color]
Well whom ever you spoke to was wrong. I bought my first suppressor the day after my 18th birthday from another person. It took 28 days to be approved. FYI my grandson who is co owner of my trust just turned 4 today so technically he owns all my toys with me. If the rest of the co owners die off he owns the lot by himself.
Thanks RogerMe, I had a big response typed up then the SilencerTalk site went down and I closed the windo.

My guess is the question was posed to the secretary. I haven't spoken with a examiner that didn't say you CAN just not from a dealer/manufacturer.

Hopefully Ron will do the investigation and see for himself.

Ron - Look in google for "NFA at 18". There are 5 or 10 threads where they get into it, including some letters FROM the ATF verifying its accuracy.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Bendersquint wrote:...
Not a hater at all,
I retract the hater remark, I have to poke you once in a while because you're solid on 99% of the time.

I have no doubt there's no such thing as a 120 day transfer today and my last sub 90 day transfer was back in 2009 I think. Probably the only reason it stuck out at me is because I got the NFA bug less than 5 years ago and it's been a bearable experience up until now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

I have learned in my 60 years of life on this planet it doesn’t matter whom you speak to.
No two people will give you the same answer.
Examiner A will tell you one thing and examiner Q will tell you something else’s.
And if you question them, they will say the other person must have misunderstood you and they themselves are correct.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Ron Dishop Silencers wrote:I have learned in my 60 years of life on this planet it doesn’t matter whom you speak to.
Examiner A will tell you one thing and examiner Q will tell you something else’s.
And if you question them, they will say the other person must have misunderstood you and they themselves are correct.
Its odd I can speak with any examiner out there and everyone of them says YES you can file a Form1 as long as you are 18 and Form4 the only restriction is that the Form4 has to be from a non-licensee.

The hundreds and hundreds of people that are under 21 should tell you something.

You are aware that someone under 21 can buy and possess a handgun right? Just can't buy it from a licensee.

I would suggest you call the Tech branch NOT the NFA branch for clarification.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Bendersquint wrote:
Ron Dishop Silencers wrote:I have learned in my 60 years of life on this planet it doesn’t matter whom you speak to.
Its odd I can speak with any examiner out there and everyone of them says YES you can file a Form1 as long as you are 18 and Form4 the only restriction is that the Form4 has to be from a non-licensee.

The hundreds and hundreds of people that are under 21 should tell you something.

You are aware that someone under 21 can buy and possess a handgun right? Just can't buy it from a licensee.

I would suggest you call the Tech branch NOT the NFA branch for clarification.

Again true. My daughter owned many firearms growing up. In Maine there is NO law on the age of ownership just that you can not buy a rifle from a ffl at less then 18 and a handgun at less then 21 from a fll. Person to person they can buy anything they want. The stupid thing here is that here in Maine she got her carry permit at 18 ( 2 days after her 18th birthday ) so she can legally carry a handgun but can not buy one form a fll OR buy handgun ammo form a store! Good thing for her dad has a good supply of both ammo and firearms.

As far as the examiner telling you that a person under 21 can not own a NFA they where just wrong. I know of MANY folks under 21 with NFA items. I have let several of them use my shop to build them.

Clint Smith
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent Operator

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I will chime in as well on the timeframe.

My Form 1 took 97 days door to door in the summer of 2011.

Dolomite
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth-and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts

Patrick Henry
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I will chime in as well on the timeframe.

My Form 1 took 97 days door to door in the summer of 2011.

Dolomite
Customer just received his F4 back approved. Door to door a record breaking time......241 days!
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

My shortest form 4 wait door to door showed up in Feb 2011- 77 days.
My longest form 4 wait door to door showed up in May 2012- 217 days.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

tsands974 wrote:My shortest form 4 wait door to door showed up in Feb 2011- 77 days.
My longest form 4 wait door to door showed up in May 2012- 217 days.
My shortest form was 23 days door to door, but that was a few YEARS ago when it was rare to see another silencer at the range.