Who says no one hunts with an AK?

Hunting in general, or with a suppressor.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Who says no one hunts with an AK?

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

I shot a buck a couple of weeks ago w/ my Arsenal AK in 7.62x39. He was ~160 lbs and dropped on the spot (only about a 30 yd shot).

Why did I use an AK? I didn't have any other rifles that weren't zero'ed with a can. :lol: (My can is a YHM Phantom 762 QD, so it's got some serious POI shift on a 223)

I just thought it was funny considering all of the anti's talk about "assault rifles" and "you don't use these for hunting".
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who says no one hunts with an AK?

Post by tsands974 »

I've used an AK-47 to take down 4 bucks while stalking, it's an excellent brush gun for deer.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

tsands974 wrote:I've used an AK-47 to take down 4 bucks while stalking, it's an excellent brush gun for deer.
I completely agree. In most cases here in Alabama, it's better suited than a bolt-action 30-06, 7mm mag or 300Win mag. We don't get 500 yard shots and you may stalk up on a sound of feral hogs that need "pest-controllin'" .
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I have a big Boar on the wall that I didnt even hunt that was taken with an AK. I was taking a few inexperienced hunter out on a hunt and because I knew it was a good brush gun, I took my WASR that has been worked over quite extensively. I threw a 5 rounder in it and 2 more in my jacket, 2 mags were of the Hornady Zmax zombie stuff and one was Steel Core Norinco for Bears or a bad situation with a Truck.

I went around the back side of a Briar patch to push them around in front of the newer hunters (All fellow Wounded Veterans though) and I fired a shot at the dirt at a bunch and one, turned and charged me, he got one in the face about 10ft from me and knocked me down with momentum. Its the only one thats charged me, thats why he's on my wall. I have killed about 150 or so with different weapons but that one is special, not the biggest, prettiest or ugliest, just the only one with a big enough set to charge me. I owed it to him to put him on the wall. He wears a Pakul that I "Captured" from a Taliban Guy who did the same thing. Never told anyone the importance of either when they came to my house, just told them it was a special hog.

The other vets got hogs that day and they all laughed when I came out of the brush dragging the hog and said, "damn thing charged me, I had to, was a mercy killing he obviously was out of his damn mind."
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!