Benelli M4 hammer

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Benelli M4 hammer

Post by ROFuher »

If this is old new, forgive me, but I stumbled onto this while wandering the interweb this weekend.

Geissele Benelli hammer

If I understand the 'list' correctly, this part in addition to the three bits available from Freedom Fighter Tactical makes the 4 US parts in the M4 shotgun needed to make the factory tele-stock legal.

Sorry news for my savings account :( happy days for me :D
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Re: Benelli M4 hammer

Post by srt-4_uk »

I thought you dont need 922r compliance now that ATF got rid of the "sporting shotgun" rule.
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Link?
Last I read the ATF wanted to expand the "assault weapon" restrictions associated with imported shotguns, not drop sporting gun definitions.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7180
Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Cool.
But...is this interpreted at not preventing an outright prohibition, ie no more Saiga 12, or must they still come across the border in bastardized configurations?

I'm not a "Black Helicopters are coming if I swap a stock, sort of guy, but try to avoid hangups if I can.

I would like to hear -K- chime in on this one. His thoughts on the subject are pretty orderly.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

There is not enough info there to say much.

If I had to guess it probably just prohibits the ATF from spending anything to enact restriction of the new sporting purpose paper they did.

I would wait for more info, or better yet if true just buy a factory M4 when Benelli imports them.
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Thanks for the opinion.

I guess it really comes down to requesting an opinion letter or nominating yourself as the guinea pig.

Since I already have a US tube, follower and hand guard, I'm dropping in the $59 hammer and calling it a day.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

win!
Raptor0683

Post by Raptor0683 »

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the sporting requirement for imported shotguns still stands...They still have the be 922r compliant...

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/artic ... on&st=&ps=