9mm FTE issue

Be careful -- low-volume ratio loads can detonate. Mangement not responsible for load data. Use at your own risk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Philmedic

9mm FTE issue

Post by Philmedic »

I currently am loading 147gr bullets over 3.4gr of titegroup. They work flawlessly without the suppressor attached, but when I put the suppressor on, 90% jams. Anyone else experiencing this? If this has been asked a million times I appologize as I'm new here and haven't quite figured out how to manipulate the site.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: 9mm FTE issue

Post by Bendersquint »

Philmedic wrote:I currently am loading 147gr bullets over 3.4gr of titegroup. They work flawlessly without the suppressor attached, but when I put the suppressor on, 90% jams. Anyone else experiencing this? If this has been asked a million times I appologize as I'm new here and haven't quite figured out how to manipulate the site.
What host, what can?
Philmedic

Post by Philmedic »

Sorry, knew I should've added that in there. I'm running a Glock 19 Gen 4 through a liberty mystic with the booster installed. COAL is 1.116 on my loads
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Philmedic wrote:Sorry, knew I should've added that in there. I'm running a Glock 19 Gen 4 through a liberty mystic with the booster installed. COAL is 1.116 on my loads
Where did you get that COAL from? Should be in the range of 1.13-1.15" COAL.
Philmedic

Post by Philmedic »

Hodgdon's reloading info for titegroup recommends 1.100"
Philmedic

Post by Philmedic »

Looking around the interwebs I do see that a lot of people are closer to the 1.15" so I will try that, but wouldn't that create less pressure and in turn worsen my problem?
Philmedic

Post by Philmedic »

Well I feel really stupid but I figured out the problem. Simply put, I can't run my glock like a glock anymore and have to run it like a 1911. Lots of lube and frequent cleaning. Performs flawlessly now, but I sincerely appreciate everyone's help on this issue..
Thwik

Post by Thwik »

You should still be able to run it like a Glock - although suppressed shooting will dirty it up quicker.

What barrel are you using?

I'd make sure the booster is reasonably clean.

I shoot my 147gr's loaded with 3.3gr of Titegroup at 1.15", no problem out of my Glock 19 w/lone wolf threaded barrel with multiple cans.
Philmedic

Post by Philmedic »

Is that however with a gen3 glock? The most reliable way to cycle that I have come up with is to get the spring conversion and use a 15# spring.
Thwik

Post by Thwik »

I've got 2 Gen3's and 1 Gen4, no functional issues with either suppressed/unsuppressed.
tomhh

Post by tomhh »

Philmedic wrote:Hodgdon's reloading info for titegroup recommends 1.100"
That is specifically for the Hornady 147 XTP bullet. Is that what you are loading?
Philmedic

Post by Philmedic »

tomhh wrote:
Philmedic wrote:Hodgdon's reloading info for titegroup recommends 1.100"
That is specifically for the Hornady 147 XTP bullet. Is that what you are loading?

I mean, that was 2 years ago but I believe so...