9mm subsonic loads.

Be careful -- low-volume ratio loads can detonate. Mangement not responsible for load data. Use at your own risk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

nmooer

9mm subsonic loads.

Post by nmooer »

Hi I just reloaded some 9mm 147gr remington fmj flat nose bullets with some hodgon Hs-6 powder. I used 4.5 grains and a of powder and i beleve over all lenght 1.100" and it cycled my my glock fine without the can. Put the can on and it sounded way quieter the american eagle 147 grain bullets but seamed a little dirty. Is that the reason why i never hear any body use hs-6 powder? I havent ran it through a chronograph yet because it was -15 degrees when I shot these but sounded supper quiet. Should i stay with hodgons hs-6 or is there something way better out there? I am new to the silencer world so I am all ears I have been reading lots of post on titegroup powder and bullseye.
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

Suppressed firing will lead to a dirtier gun and soot covered cases. My favorite subsonic loads are:

147gr FMJ
3.9gr N340
1.140"

147gr FMJ
3.5gr Titegroup
1.135"

147gr FMJ
4.2gr Unique
1.135"

115gr JHP
4.2gr Ramshot ZIP
1.118"

This 115gr loads works great in my 9mm AR, however it doesn't work so well iin my P226.
Go Hoos!!!!
nmooer

Post by nmooer »

Thank you Wahoo95 I noted those reloads and i will try that powder within reloading guidlines. Wich of those loads do you like the most and why? Does anybody else have some advice.
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

The 147gr loads all sound pretty much the same from my guns, but the Titegroup and N340 are a little cleaner than the Unique. Can't really say that I have a preference since I built those loads around the powder I had at the time. For light plinking I really like the 115gr load in my AR and HK P7. It's has virtually no recoil and is pretty accurate. I actually tink it sounds a bit quieter than the heavy leads.....at least to my ear. I will say though that it doesn't work well in my P226.
Go Hoos!!!!