9mm Subs: Any tips on more consistent cartridge OAL on Pro2000?

Be careful -- low-volume ratio loads can detonate. Mangement not responsible for load data. Use at your own risk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

chipster

9mm Subs: Any tips on more consistent cartridge OAL on Pro2000?

Post by chipster »

I am trying to tune a 'universal' subsonic 9mm reload which will work perfectly across a 9mm UZI, Colt 6951, Glock 19, and a SP89 Clone. The Colt eats anything. The UZI likes it hot. The Glock seems finicky about OAL. The SP89 Clone is new to me but digested my 'old' subsonic reload just fine. All of these would be running through a GemTech MULTIMOUNT can through the appropriate adaptors.

I have run a few hundred Subs(147gr Hornady FMJBT) with 3.6grs of Titegroup @ average 1.160 OAL which the UZI liked, but would not reliably feed in the Glock. I have dialed OAL back to under 1.150 over 3.5grs of Titegroup to try and make the Glock happy, but I pretty consistently get a .015 variance in cartridge overall length with lengths running between 1.140 to 1.155" with even an outlier @ 1.160.

I run a lee-knock-off smaller base resizer, Hornady expander, the Hornady seat die and then a Lee Factory Crimp Die.

Everything is tight AFAIK.

Is there something I should look to or a different seating die that will tighten up the OAL length, preferably within .005"

thanks for any tips/tricks/ideas!