9mm Kaboom

Be careful -- low-volume ratio loads can detonate. Mangement not responsible for load data. Use at your own risk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

QD
Silent Operator

9mm Kaboom

Post by QD »

a buddy just had one. The bottom of the case was blown out and I found the primer in the bottom of the mag it was very flat. My first thoughts were an over charge or a bullet setback something to raise the pressure. But he was also using a new match drop in barrel, which doesn't seem to fit as well as the stock. Could an out of battery issue flatten the primer?
Quiet Dead
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: 9mm Kaboom

Post by Bendersquint »

QD wrote:a buddy just had one. The bottom of the case was blown out and I found the primer in the bottom of the mag it was very flat. My first thoughts were an over charge or a bullet setback something to raise the pressure. But he was also using a new match drop in barrel, which doesn't seem to fit as well as the stock. Could an out of battery issue flatten the primer?
If it was out of battery the bottom would be belled quite a bit from not fully being in the chamber.
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

QD wrote:a buddy just had one. The bottom of the case was blown out and I found the primer in the bottom of the mag it was very flat. My first thoughts were an over charge or a bullet setback something to raise the pressure. But he was also using a new match drop in barrel, which doesn't seem to fit as well as the stock. Could an out of battery issue flatten the primer?
What ammo? What barrel? Was the ammo test-fit in the chamber before being fired? How many rounds through the gun, old barrel and new barrel?
QD
Silent Operator

Post by QD »

eric10mm wrote:
What ammo? What barrel? Was the ammo test-fit in the chamber before being fired? How many rounds through the gun, old barrel and new barrel?

he was using his reloads. I think the barrel is a used fire dragon, but he bought it used and is unsure of the round count. It was an well used gun. Ill get a pick of the case but basically the whole bottom side of the brass is gone, blown out.

I'm leaning towards a overcharge, he has been loading for about 8 years now with this being his first booboo. I would just hate to assume its an over charge and then being a barrel/slide fit issue.
Quiet Dead
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

shoot one more round and find out!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales