First suppressed 9mm hand loads

Be careful -- low-volume ratio loads can detonate. Mangement not responsible for load data. Use at your own risk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

crimsoncomet

First suppressed 9mm hand loads

Post by crimsoncomet »

So after a long wait... I finally got my tax stamp for my suppressor. Now the fun of working up loads begins.

I'm one of those guys that does not load to max loads usually. The only gun I load to max is my 308 ltr. And they still are a bit warm for my comfort level, but are tack drivers. Anyway, I have found that to make my glock 17 (stormlake barrel) and M&P (factory threaded barrel) I have to load at the max of the scale. Like I said I don't like this. The glock works with lower loads than the M&P. The barrel is about 1/2" longer and the chamber is Definatley tighter. I assume this has something to do with that. Or maybe the gun is just more broke in.

Can you guys check my loads?
147 gr Montana Gold
OAL 1.140"
Win SP PRIMER
Two loads that run both guns:
4.0 gr solo 1000
3.7gr N320

The solo load is over max by .1gr. The N320 load is under max by .1gr. I just wish I could run them a bit lower. I know this is the wrong section, but may e spring work is needed for the M&P? Lighter? Thanks for any input. Maybe I can get these rounds over the chrono soon.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Re: First suppressed 9mm hand loads

Post by wildfowler »

I think that solo is over published max by more than 1/10. I got an email from Johan at western powders I'll try to dig up for you. I decided to abandon solo 1000 for 147/9mm because I had to load well over max to get my Glock17/Trident combo to run.

I'm using bullseye for 9mm/147 loads and can load under max published. 3.6-3.8 works well for me.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

I know plenty of folks use more than listed charge on this page and I'm not arguing about what works or is safe, just providing info about max loads published by manufacturer. For me and my Glock, I couldn't get it to work reliably with Trident and these lower max charges with the 147 bullet.

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
crimsoncomet

Post by crimsoncomet »

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna give n320 again. Maybe the LCD needs to be broken in.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I'm using N340, 4.2 gr works very well in my Glock with a Precision Delta 147 FMJ. Anything less than 4.2 isn't 100%. 4.2 is running an average of 950 fps from a Lone Wolf 40/9 conversion threaded barrel in a Glock 22.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

My favorite 9mm sub load is:

Montana Gold 147gr CMJ
TiteGroup 3.4gr
CCI Small Pistol Primers
OAL of 1.140
Mixed brass

This load functions 100% in the following with my Osprey9:
Glock 17
USP9 SD
Sig P226 Elite

No modifications to the above hosts were needed.

This load also runs in my 9mm 5.5 inch AR15 SBR. I haven't tested it suppressed yet but I see no reason why I would lose any reliability.