PSA PA-10 issues

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

PSA PA-10 issues

Post by Brittsc »

FYI. My buddy and I ordered stripped lowers the day they came out. We both ordered lower build kits a few days apart, his went together very easy. I am still trying to get mine together. The hole in the bolt catch is smaller than the roll pin and it binds when in place. Called PSA and they sent me another bolt catch and it is identical to the first one I had. Had a gunsmith mic the roll pin and the hole in the bolt catch and it appears the hole is 0.005 smaller than the roll pin. When installed the bolt catch is bound and won't move freely. After dealing with PSA all week they now want the lower back and all the parts. Not sure I can compare this but none of the AR 15 build kits I have here have a bolt catch that is tight on the roll pin. They are all freely moving.

Now for the upper, he and I both ordered their uppers when they came out. His would not feed all the way into battery, but would lockup so tight that you couldn't get the round out with the charging handle, nor would the forward assist push round in any further. He had to tap the round out with a cleaning rod. When he did get it to go into battery it would not cycle subsequent rounds reliably. He tried 3 different types of ammo and 3 different magazine sizes, loaded to different degrees. Mine you could drop a round freely into the chamber and dump it out but it too would not cycle reliably and got stuck in battery a few times, but we could clear it with the charging handle. I may not have things worded correctly for some of you and I apologize, but you get the idea. I should know by now not to be the guinea pig. On a side note, my buddy's upper is on its way back to him from PSA, so we will see if they gave him a complete new upper or what. When it did go bang it was damn accurate.

Brittsc