My New Savage MkII FVSR

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: My New Savage MkII FVSR

Post by Wahnsinn »

Yup, mine was pretty long even at .475, had to use an AR15 spacer I had laying around. Now if I could just find a thinner one.
chp5
Silent But Deadly

Post by chp5 »

Wahnsinn wrote:Yup, mine was pretty long even at .475, had to use an AR15 spacer I had laying around. Now if I could just find a thinner one.
Get a peel washer and you can custom fit it.
dae.edorian
Silent But Deadly

Post by dae.edorian »

Ah, I was under the impression that .5" was the standard. I keep my suppressor at another address, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I have some spacers for my AR, but they do seem like they'd be too thick...
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

The one I currently use is .2" threaded spacer, Smith Enterprises (came with one of their muzzle brakes) calls it a "jam nut". Works out very well for me, I'd just prefer one that was half as thick if I could, have to see if I've got any peel washers around here or somewhere local to buy some.

Just did a search on google and found somebody talking about jam nuts on a different site. They list McMaster as having some, the ones I found are actually called "Electric Panel Hex Nuts". Made of different materials (stainless steel, brass, etc). They are threaded 1/2x28 and are 3/32" or 1/8" thick (about .09 and .125 respectively depending which type you get). So one or two of these should do you well, I may have to pick some up too and give them a shot.
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

Wahnsinn wrote:They are threaded 1/2x28 and are 3/32" or 1/8" thick (about .09 and .125 respectively depending which type you get). So one or two of these should do you well, I may have to pick some up too and give them a shot.
Those sound good. That way you would not have to worry about them falling off when you un-screw the silencer.
dae.edorian
Silent But Deadly

Post by dae.edorian »

Here's a pic I snapped of my setup... need shorter rings. : http://i.imgur.com/uhYcv.jpg
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

dae.edorian wrote:Here's a pic I snapped of my setup... need shorter rings. : http://i.imgur.com/uhYcv.jpg
That looks like a nice rig, but yea you need shorter rings. I am not sure what base that is I am running a DIP base with a 40mm Buris scope and went with medium height and am thinking that I could have gone with low.

(as an FYI I need to set money aside for another Mueller APV)
HotRod9mm
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HotRod9mm »

LonghunterCO wrote:...... (as an FYI I need to set money aside for another Mueller APV)

Here is my 93 with the DIProductsInc rail(just enough clearance for flip covers), Burris Med "Zee" rings, TactiCool stock and the APV.

My MKII with a red dot, thinking of putting another APV on it(muzzle threads are .4" long)....

8)