Ruger 22/45 Threaded

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger 22/45 Threaded

Post by Wahnsinn »

Selectedmarksman wrote:Ruger should sell those new lowers for $50 or less. I have an older model and would like the replaceable grips. I hate Ruger's policy on their rimfire pistol lowers... bastards.
You'd think a dealer or gunsmith would be able to order them, just say they're fixing a gun.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Wahnsinn wrote:
Selectedmarksman wrote:Ruger should sell those new lowers for $50 or less. I have an older model and would like the replaceable grips. I hate Ruger's policy on their rimfire pistol lowers... bastards.
You'd think a dealer or gunsmith would be able to order them, just say they're fixing a gun.
I don't think Ruger will ship them at all. Even for a repair I think you have to send in the 'broken' part first, or even the whole gun. They tend to be dicks about it.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

wragarand wrote:Paid $310 for this out the door today, and my 22 Stainless Sparrow arrived at my dealer from Major. Great Day
$310 OTD is a damn good price. I paid $310 for my 22/45vRP without the threading.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

These factory threaded Rugers are coming up on Gunbroker, FYI. I just noticed them after typing "ruger threaded" in. (These are not my auctions, and are from more than one dealer. I'm not advertising for any of them.)

Rails:

$340:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =216688870

$350:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =215671718

No rails:

$350:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =215674890

$425:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =216614145
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

srt-4_uk wrote:
wragarand wrote:Paid $310 for this out the door today, and my 22 Stainless Sparrow arrived at my dealer from Major. Great Day
$310 OTD is a damn good price. I paid $310 for my 22/45vRP without the threading.
Dealer cost is $279, it pays to be a frequent customer, pay in cash, and have a local shop that isn't afraid to let you know what they paid. :D
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

One small gripe about this pistol. There is a 2-3mm area under the barrel that was not parkerized, it looks like holster wear but isn't. You can kinda see it in this pic directly under the front sight. I picked up the gun about 30 mins after Fed Ex dropped it off at my dealer so it came that way from the factory. Called Ruger and they already emailed me a UPS prepaid tag to have it shipped back and fixed.
So, how do you like it? How well are the fixed sights regulated?
sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sarthree »

I have shot the crap out of my 22/45...it has the black replaceable grips with the sights...not the rails. I have a tough time putting it down...they are so fun to shoot. I shot mine with my TiRant 45 the other day and I swear I could have put 10 rounds through the same hole with it...no muzzle flip with that big suppressor at the end.

I didn't get the one with the rails because it was ready to shoot as is...and the rails for this thing are so cheap to pick up...a lot cheaper than sights.
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

Those are good prices that you all are quoting they are going $339-349 around here. Will probably have to transfer one in.